Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

The Trump Administration's War With Reality

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Daryl   » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:31 am

Daryl
Admiral

Posts: 2895
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

WTF has this got to do with reality?

smr wrote:Treason :!:

Need we go further! Death is Death!
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by isaac_newton   » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:49 am

isaac_newton
Commodore

Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:37 am
Location: Brighton, UK

smr wrote:Treason :!:

Need we go further! Death is Death!



congratulations SMR - you have finally see what Trump is up to.
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by smr   » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:39 am

smr
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1447
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

I have to agree that*Trump)he is going to punish the people responsible for Obamagate/Spygate and the Russian Collusion hoax. These people committed treason and the Trump Administration is going to make them pay for it. I hope to God that includes HRC but I doubt it.

isaac_newton wrote:
smr wrote:Treason :!:

Need we go further! Death is Death!



congratulations SMR - you have finally see what Trump is up to.
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:00 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2320
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

smr wrote:I have to agree that*Trump)he is going to punish the people responsible for Obamagate/Spygate


That thing that NEVER HAPPENED confirmed even by Trump's own appointed heads of all the intelligence agencies involved.

and the Russian Collusion hoax.


That thing a Special Counsel confirmed was NOT a hoax.

These people committed treason


Please learn what treason is. Even if everything you had said above was true (which it's not) NONE of it would be treason you doofus.
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by smr   » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:44 pm

smr
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1447
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Gcomeau, just because you say it does not make your true. I starting to really question your sanity because you sound like a left conspiracy nut bordering on fanatical. So are you going to support HRC if she runs?
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by isaac_newton   » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:57 am

isaac_newton
Commodore

Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:37 am
Location: Brighton, UK

smr wrote:Gcomeau, just because you say it does not make your true. I starting to really question your sanity because you sound like a left conspiracy nut bordering on fanatical. So are you going to support HRC if she runs?



NEWS FLASH - HRC IS NOT RUNNING - NEWS FLASH
Last edited by isaac_newton on Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Daryl   » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:00 am

Daryl
Admiral

Posts: 2895
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

Treason is betraying your country. Finding fault with a politician is not treason.
smr wrote:Gcomeau, just because you say it does not make your true. I starting to really question your sanity because you sound like a left conspiracy nut bordering on fanatical. So are you going to support HRC if she runs?
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Joat42   » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:49 am

Joat42
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1513
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:01 am
Location: Sweden

smr wrote:Gcomeau, just because you say it does not make your true. I starting to really question your sanity because you sound like a left conspiracy nut bordering on fanatical. So are you going to support HRC if she runs?

Ahem.. The one who regularly posts conspiracy theories here is you. You manage to drag HRC into every political discussion regardless of relevance which makes you sound like a fanatic.

It's amazing to what lengths you go to in your efforts to excuse the deplorable behavior of the current administration. I can understand that children who don't know any better use the excuse 'but look at what he did!', but that an adult don't see anything wrong with using that type of excuse is just mind-boggling.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.


Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by smr   » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:37 pm

smr
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1447
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Lock her Up! Lock Her Up! Locker Her Up! :D

Thanks Joat42, oh that made me feel so good. Too bad that ain't going to happen! (Slang chosen deliberately!) :D
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by The E   » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:46 am

The E
Admiral

Posts: 2261
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

There are two, sometimes conflicting, theories of history that are widely accepted. One, the "great man" theory, tells us that history is shaped by great geniuses, singular men and women who by their actions warp history and put entire cultures onto new paths.
The other is the theory of the movement of the masses, which tells us that history is shaped not by any single person, but instead by large popular movements that sometimes crystallize around singular leaders as their focal points.

With Trump in the US and Boris Johnson in the UK, a new theory has to emerge: The "Great Moron" theory. As Nick Cohen argues in this article, these are people who find themselves propelled upward not through any particular talent or ability they themselves posess, but by exploiting vulnerabilities in the systems they are embedded into, it is only when they are tested in the real world that they fall apart completely.

While the article does not make a direct reference to Trump, the mechanisms it describes are fully applicable to Trump:
For all that, Johnson remains in a bubble that feeds narcissistic delusions. The Tory press fawns over him because he is one of its own. His party toes the line because Johnson removes the whip from Tory MPs who challenge him and Cummings orders armed police officers to take away allegedly disloyal aides on the flimsiest of excuses.

Johnson’s career of failing upwards since he left Eton illustrates that overconfidence is class determined. In politics and so many other British institutions, you see mediocrities take jobs for which they are not remotely qualified, because wealthy families and a private education have emboldened them.

In all spheres, catastrophic men and women are united by an imperviousness to the suffering they cause.
Top

Return to Politics