Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

The Trump Administration's War With Reality

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by The E   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:31 am

The E
Admiral

Posts: 2421
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 12:28 pm
Location: Bielefeld, Germany

smr wrote:For Trump to be reelected he has to deliver on the wall issue. So either the Demoncrats will come with some compromise or the Government is shut down again.


Why would the Democrats want to help Trump get reelected?

(Also, it's hilarious that you think that Trump not keeping any of his promises would be an impediment to him trying for reelection and getting a lot of support from people as ignorant of reality as you are)

The reason I do not want to see the government shut down again is Trump will probably declare a National Emergency. To be honest that scares me more than anything else. Under a National Emergency lots of rights, laws, and civil liberties can be suspended by just a signature without approval from Congress or the Courts.


But according to your QAnon friends, that's actually a good thing, isn't it? Get some emergency powers, "drain the swamp", build the wall, maga, lock her up, all your various catchphrases could suddenly come true.

All you'd have to do is to ignore the democratically expressed will of the american people, but that's such a small price to pay, isn't it?
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Daryl   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:33 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 3062
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

The more I see of this the more I realise that our system isn't so bad after all.
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Eyal   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:32 am

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:09 pm
Location: Israel

Annachie wrote:I really wasn't going to bother with any of these threads, but ...

"Getting back to the Shutdown, this shutdown is probably going to go on for a long time"

However, I suspect smr is basically right.
Three weeks time, chances are it will be shut down again. Hell, if it wasn't for Stone's arrest and flight problems leading into Superbowl next weekend, it would still be shut down.


Not impossible but I think that's unlikely. It seems to me that the main reasons behind Trump relenting were the imminent flight shutdowns (which were showing signs of starting, especially since it seems the ATCs found a way around the prohibition on their striking) and cracks starting to show in the GOP's Senate delegation.

smr wrote:For Trump to be reelected he has to deliver on the wall issue. So either the Demoncrats will come with some compromise or the Government is shut down again. The reason I do not want to see the government shut down again is Trump will probably declare a National Emergency. To be honest that scares me more than anything else. Under a National Emergency lots of rights, laws, and civil liberties can be suspended by just a signature without approval from Congress or the Courts.


If you're concerned about Trump declaring a state of emergency, why are you putting the onus on the Democrats to yield to prevent that?
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by smr   » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:36 am

smr
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1521
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Taking the Long View over Time, the Precedent being set will allow future Presidents too much latitude in National Emergencies. Think of Caesar and the Roman Republic becoming the Roman Empire. I am not talking about Trump because he is too concentrated on US. I am talking about future Presidents after Trump because the Democrats have become the Demoncrats with the Radicals running the Party.
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by noblehunter   » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:32 am

noblehunter
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 375
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:49 pm

One hopes that if Trump declares an national emergency over the border "crisis" Congress will recognize that they've been a bit too free in handing out emergency powers and repeal some of relevant legislation.
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:46 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Anyone else concerned that so many of the justifications Trump keeps throwing around for why there is a "national emergency" on the southern border appear to have no basis in reality but all appear in Sicario: Day of the Soldado? Or is that just me?
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by smr   » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:27 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1521
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car ... 120100.jpg

Just For You Gcomeau! Russian Collusion=Poltical Witch Hunt!

https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car ... 084522.jpg

The Wall is not Racist or Immoral but sensible. Both sides have voted for the Wall in the past! Now that Trump wants a wall, the Demoncrats are voting No!

https://media.townhall.com/Townhall/Car ... 084522.jpg
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:24 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

smr wrote:
Just For You Gcomeau! Russian Collusion=Poltical Witch Hunt!


Let me know when you move past "argument by cartoon".

I'll be over here watching Republicans trying to come up with an explanation for why Trump keeps having private meetings with Putin he allows no witnesses to and no record of the content of even to his own administration members.
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by smr   » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:23 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1521
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Here I though you a bright and intelligent person! Gcomeau have you been hitting the weed too much because all treaties and agreements are based on personal relationships between the leaders of different countries. Does the Leader of Canada need to share every private conversation with you (the public) concerning the Chinese leader? No...so please go stand in corner and put the dunce cap back on!

Where is the Russian collusion? I know Mueller never leaks but CNN just happened to be at Roger Stone's house at 5 am when Mr. Stone's house was raided. Can you say "PR stunt"? Look over here while ignoring what's happening behind the curtain. Russian Collusion="Witch Hunt!" (Witch hunt is really a play on words!)
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:22 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:24 pm

smr wrote:Here I though you a bright and intelligent person! Gcomeau have you been hitting the weed too much because all treaties and agreements are based on personal relationships between the leaders of different countries. Does the Leader of Canada need to share every private conversation with you (the public) concerning the Chinese leader? No...so please go stand in corner and put the dunce cap back on!


No, but he absolutely sure as freaking hell shares them with HIS OWN GOVERNMENT.

So why is Trump hiding that info from HIS OWN ADMINISTRATION?

I know Mueller never leaks but CNN just happened to be at Roger Stone's house at 5 am when Mr. Stone's house was raided. Can you say "PR stunt"?


Can you say "people have been saying Stone was going to be indicted based on publicly visible activity in the courts for weeks, then Mueller's Grand Jury held a fairly unusual Thursday meeting which told people something was probably coming very soon, and CNN staked his house out that night and managed to catch them coming for him the next morning"?
Top

Return to Politics