Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

The Trump Administration's War With Reality

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by biochem   » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:20 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

I'm interested in seeing the memo. I'm curious as to what is in it.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:46 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

biochem wrote:I'm interested in seeing the memo. I'm curious as to what is in it.

Me as well, for the entertainment value mostly.

My guess is something similar in theme to:

*"They used the TOTALLY FAKE (because I said so) Steele Dossier to get a warrant to monitor some totally absolutely innocent people on the Trump campaign.... HOW DARE THEY?"

*"UNMASKING!!!"

*"HILLARY'S E-MAILS!!!"

*"This FBI agent over here... is... is... is... is a DEMOCRAT!!!!"

*"Look at this text message talking about a Secret Society! Clearly as I have no ability to read context this can ONLY be meant literally and is definitely not a sarcastic joke and highly trained counter intelligence agents actually started a sinister secret society in the FBI, called it "Secret Society", and discussed it openly in unsecured communications!"

*"This other FBI agent thinks Trump is stupid! Clearly the entire agency is now disqualified from investigating any charges involving Trump, or his campaign, or his transition team members like ME!"

Etc...

But hey, maybe for the first time in his entire life and career Devin Nunes is actually on to something. Could happen. Hypothetically. And he's not bringing it to ANY of the oversight bodies responsible for investigating things like this in the DoJ or FBI and is instead using it as a political cudgel because... reasons. Really, very very good but secret so he can't tell us reasons.

:roll:
Post by biochem   » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:27 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
biochem wrote:I'm interested in seeing the memo. I'm curious as to what is in it.

Me as well, for the entertainment value mostly.

My guess is something similar in theme to:

*"They used the TOTALLY FAKE (because I said so) Steele Dossier to get a warrant to monitor some totally absolutely innocent people on the Trump campaign.... HOW DARE THEY?"

*"UNMASKING!!!"

*"HILLARY'S E-MAILS!!!"

*"This FBI agent over here... is... is... is... is a DEMOCRAT!!!!"

*"Look at this text message talking about a Secret Society! Clearly as I have no ability to read context this can ONLY be meant literally and is definitely not a sarcastic joke and highly trained counter intelligence agents actually started a sinister secret society in the FBI, called it "Secret Society", and discussed it openly in unsecured communications!"

*"This other FBI agent thinks Trump is stupid! Clearly the entire agency is now disqualified from investigating any charges involving Trump, or his campaign, or his transition team members like ME!"

Etc...

But hey, maybe for the first time in his entire life and career Devin Nunes is actually on to something. Could happen. Hypothetically. And he's not bringing it to ANY of the oversight bodies responsible for investigating things like this in the DoJ or FBI and is instead using it as a political cudgel because... reasons. Really, very very good but secret so he can't tell us reasons.

:roll:

We will have to see how well your crystal ball is functioning.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:03 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

biochem wrote:We will have to see how well your crystal ball is functioning.

We will eventually. Obviously a little hyperbolic but the main point is I expect it to be a whole lot of manufactured and distorted nothing fabricated for the sole purpose of attacking the credibility of the agents investigating Trump and his campaign.

The more interesting point I see in all of this is Nunes basically just validated the DoJ reluctance to provide his committee with classified information on the investigation... since they did it on the condition he not share it outside of the approved list of people they signed off on and the first thing he did is cherry pick a bunch of info out of it, write a memo, and show it to half the Republicans in Congress.

He already had strike one against him when he went running to the White House with information about the investigation early last year, clearly declaring his first priority when he got info on the investigation was to leak it to the SUBJECTS of said investigation. Forcing him to "recuse" himself from the hearings (and then continue to meddle in them anyway).

Now, strike two. I wish the Intel committee good luck getting shit all out of DoJ after this until Nunes is removed from the committee, or Congress itself, altogether. Because I doubt they're feeling generous enough to sign off on a chance at a strike three.
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:28 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

This is both hilarious and pathetic...

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/956729170700259329
Post by Annachie   » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:59 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Sounds more like one of Hannity's producers wanted to get him for some reason.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:11 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Annachie wrote:Sounds more like one of Hannity's producers wanted to get him for some reason.

And the countdown to Hannity or Alex Jones talking about the Deep State conspiracy to assassinate the GOP with a suicide truck immolation on the front of a train begins....

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/31/politics ... index.html
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:14 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Trump's own appointed FBI director is stating Nunes' memo is misleading and innacurate.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 083218001/

"The FBI was provided a limited opportunity to review this memo the day before the committee voted to release it," the bureau said in a statement as the White House considered releasing the document. "As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy."

Watch Trump release it anyway because he thinks it's a good political weapon, and damn the consequences to the country or the functioning of the FBI and DOJ. (Or more likely, cheering on the consequences to the FBI and DOJ)
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:19 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

And the constant ally in the war on reality.... Fox News:

FBI official statement:

"The FBI takes seriously its obligation to the FISA court and its compliance with procedures overseen by career professionals in the Department of Justice and the FBI. We are committed to working with the appropriate oversight entities to ensure the continuing integrity of the FISA process.

With regards to the House Intelligence Committee's memorandum, the FBI was provided a limited opportunity to review this memo the day before the committee voted to release it. As expressed during out initial review, we have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo's accuracy."

Fox News Story: "http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/01/30/fbi-officials-review-surveillance-memo-could-not-cite-any-factual-inaccuracies-source.html

"FBI officials review surveillance memo, could not cite 'any factual inaccuracies': source"
Post by Annachie   » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:16 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

So, will the President use the sentencing of a former GOP chairman for voter fraud as fodder for his millions of illegal votes rubbish?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Politics