Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

The Trump Administration's War With Reality

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:38 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:I take my hat off to you Peter. Steadfast and fighting to the end.
Looking on from a distance this circus is entertaining, I just hope he doesn't do something permanently stupid and serious.
I know that Australia doesn't rate despite supporting US military adventures more than any other country, but to have Trump's latest dismissal of the phone call scandal between us as being "At least it wasn't with anyone important" hasn't gone over well. Even our conservatives are talking about reconsidering our automatic military support.

How much of that call was problematic because of the release of the details of the call? If so, why is this the President's fault? The jerks leaking the information are at fault. As for the content of the call? Accept your own refugees rather than sucker Obama to agree to terms President Trump has to honor.

I am glad you are entertained. All of us have to enjoy what small favors we find.
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:16 am

gcomeau
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:Gcomeau,
We don't Fing agree on Bengazi. I am morally certain she lied. You have jumped through hoops to excuse those lies. You disagree with me. Surprise!

Regardless of how you insist, I. Disagree. Strenuously.. Big whoop!

*I* jumped through hoops?

And the GOP? They're so desperate to give Clinton the benefit of the doubt THEY also jumped through hoops 7 investigations in a row I suppose?

You. Disagree. Strenuously... AGAINST ALL EXISTING EVIDENCE.

This in not just our 2 competing opinions. Trump's unceasing lies are indisputable facts. Your claim of Benghazi lies was subjected repeatedly to testing and failed every single time.
Post by PeterZ   » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:25 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
PeterZ wrote:Gcomeau,
We don't Fing agree on Bengazi. I am morally certain she lied. You have jumped through hoops to excuse those lies. You disagree with me. Surprise!

Regardless of how you insist, I. Disagree. Strenuously.. Big whoop!

And the GOP? They're so desperate to give Clinton the benefit of the doubt THEY also jumped through hoops 7 investigations in a row I suppose?

This in not just our 2 competing opinions. Trump's unceasing lies are indisputable facts. Your claim of Benghazi lies was subjected repeatedly to testing and failed every single time.

Existing bullshit. You accept that crap, I don't.
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:33 am

gcomeau
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:
gcomeau wrote:

Existing bullshit. You accept that crap, I don't.

You do understand the GOP would have to be complicit in said "Bullshit" right?

The GOP that spent years desperately trying to fling any possible crap they could at Clinton to see what would stick.

The GOP that poured through all the correspondence, all the CIA communications...

So tell me Peter. Why exactly did the GOP fake the results of 7 separate investigations and instead publish... "Bullshit"... To cover for **Clinton**

Lay out the reasoning you're applying here for me.
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:12 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

APPLAUSE !!!

Love the 3 ring circus. In ring #3 is the media that still hasn't figured out Reagan and Shrub taking on The Donald.

In Ring #2 is the comedic magicians distraction team of Spicer and Conway. being loyal henchmen repeating the lies ad nauseum to keep the true believers spellbound and the non-believ ers agitated.

And in the Center ring are Gcomeau and PeterZ keeping us entertained with their version of Duelling Banjos.

Bravo, Bravo, Bravissimo.

Did we forget the feud between Bill Clinton and Obama that ended up around page 14 of the New York Post? Seems Hillary was called into the Oval Office and handed the Party Line on Benghazi. She went out like the team player she always wanted to be and took one for the team. Then Obama threw her under the bus.

when your numbers are sinking and you have an election to win,always dust off the old chestnuts, attack communists, only the communists are dead so make enemies out of the liberals. Attack the chief Liberal: Hillary Clinton. +Don't ned fcts don't need any logic, just keep a steady torrent of lies half-truths and innuendos and eventually people believe that the faux smoke is hiding a real fire. Tell a lie often enough and people fervently believe it.

NEVER challenge person's delusions, it makes them angry and very unpredictable.
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Post by Annachie   » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:15 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

It's not just the administrations war with reality.
That's part of what makes Bannon and Kellyanne so effective.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:47 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

Annachie wrote:It's not just the administrations war with reality.
That's part of what makes Bannon and Kellyanne so effective.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Old Sci-Fi book "The Third Simulacrum" only today they've dumbed it down and call it "living in a bubble."

and for some it is not even ideological, its just the business opportunity, "click Bait."
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Post by Daryl   » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:14 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

A couple of quiet real facts, easily verified here on this very forum. I didn't comment on the "Telephone call" or whether it was Trump's fault it went pear shaped, I commented on Trump's cavalier dismissal of the call to arguably the US's most steadfast supporter as "not with anyone important". Not false facts saw it myself.
As to the actual content of the call now. We weren't asking the US to "accept our own refugees", but to swap them for "your own refugees". Personally I believe it was a stupid political face saving agreement on both sides, but, honour your deals, don't try to weasel out, not our concern if you have changed leaders.
Lastly I was polite and complimentary to you, and you chose to throw it back rudely at me. Not helping my even handiness in this discussion.

PeterZ wrote:
Daryl wrote:I take my hat off to you Peter. Steadfast and fighting to the end.
Looking on from a distance this circus is entertaining, I just hope he doesn't do something permanently stupid and serious.
I know that Australia doesn't rate despite supporting US military adventures more than any other country, but to have Trump's latest dismissal of the phone call scandal between us as being "At least it wasn't with anyone important" hasn't gone over well. Even our conservatives are talking about reconsidering our automatic military support.

How much of that call was problematic because of the release of the details of the call? If so, why is this the President's fault? The jerks leaking the information are at fault. As for the content of the call? Accept your own refugees rather than sucker Obama to agree to terms President Trump has to honor.

I am glad you are entertained. All of us have to enjoy what small favors we find.
Post by The E   » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:17 am

The E
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:How much of that call was problematic because of the release of the details of the call? If so, why is this the President's fault? The jerks leaking the information are at fault.

Yes, PeterZ, it isn't Trump's odiousness that's bad, it's the fact that it gets outed so often.

Say, have you been contacted by the orange one's PR people yet?
Post by PeterZ   » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:22 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

She emailed her daughter the Benghazi attacks were al Qaida like. That requires planning. She emailed her daughter the night of the attack. She told some of the relatives of the folks that died in Benghazi the video was responsible for the attack and the death of the US personnel. That happened 3 days after the attack. One day later we confirmed that an al Qaida splinter group claimed responsibility for the attack. In a statement no longer on the State Dep website, Clinton mentions the video but does not claim it was responsible for the attack. The statement was posted after the private meeting with the relatives of the victims.

Proof that Clinton lied? No. But she suspected the truth from the beginning. She said nothing while Susan Rice promulgated those lies to the American people. Was she responsible for Rice's lies? No. She was not. She was complicit in perpetuating falsehoods she knew was false regarding the deaths of American citizens.

As I said I am morally certain that Clinton lied to the relatives of the attack. She was complicit in perpetuating similar lies made by the administration. All in all I am morally certain she lied about what happened at Benghazi in either of these two ways.

Return to Politics