Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

The Trump Administration's War With Reality

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Annachie   » Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:39 am

Annachie
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1632
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

https://youtu.be/rcxgWuTQS4k

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Bruno Behrends   » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:23 am

Bruno Behrends
Captain of the List

Posts: 527
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:33 am
Location: Berlin

Okay if we are into youtube vids now here is the Netherlands' welcome to Donald Trump.

It's comedy and little off topic so feel free to skip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELD2AwFN9Nc
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by smr   » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:27 pm

smr
Captain of the List

Posts: 657
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:18 pm

That was funny Bruno! :lol:
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by gcomeau   » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:06 am

gcomeau
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 pm

Even Spicer couldn't peddle this absurdity with a straight face...


http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/t ... cer-235936

“In the past, the president has referred to particular job reports as phony or totally fiction,” a reporter asked. “Does the president believe that this jobs report was accurate and a fair way to measure the economy?”

“I talked to the president prior to this, and he said to quote him very clearly,” Spicer said. “They may have been phony in the past, but it’s very real now.”




I wonder just how stupid Trump supporters are ok with Trump treating them as before they start to feel insulted...


(And as Trump has done squat to impact the national economy at this stage, this is still all just momentum from Obama's economy anyway. But then taking credit for other people's work is one of Trump's primary life skills...)
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Annachie   » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:26 am

Annachie
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1632
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

As is breaking the rules by tweeting the results so quickly.
First President to break the 1 hour rule since Ronnie Raygun brought it in.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Daryl   » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Daryl
Admiral

Posts: 2239
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

Latest from the White House, Trump wasn't speaking literally when he said "wire tap", what he meant was that Obama was keeping a close eye on the Trump campaign.
Plus when he called Obama a "bad dude" he really meant some of the people around Obama. Kellyanne says.
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Tenshinai   » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:37 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

Posts: 2872
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Sweden

Daryl wrote:Latest from the White House, Trump wasn't speaking literally when he said "wire tap", what he meant was that Obama was keeping a close eye on the Trump campaign.
Plus when he called Obama a "bad dude" he really meant some of the people around Obama. Kellyanne says.


Wow. How lame can he get?
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Annachie   » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:44 am

Annachie
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1632
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Starting to wonder if the Trump White House has any competant people in it.

While I haven't read the new EO all the way through yet, how do you go from being told what's wrong to making the problems worse?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by The E   » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:51 am

The E
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1591
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 1:28 pm
Location: Paderborn, Germany

Annachie wrote:While I haven't read the new EO all the way through yet, how do you go from being told what's wrong to making the problems worse?


Remember that one of the main points for rejecting these EOs is that, no matter how much their language is redacted, they are still being viewed in light of Trump's anti-muslim rhetoric. If there was a noticeable risk associated with immigrants (or even visitors) from these countries, it'd be one thing (because then Trump could make a real national security argument), but since there isn't, we can always go back to Trump's campaign statements about how he wants to ban muslims, which means that a reasonable judge can find that while the letter of the order doesn't violate the constitution, its real-world effects do.
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:02 pm

gcomeau
Rear Admiral

Posts: 1005
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 pm

The E wrote:
Annachie wrote:While I haven't read the new EO all the way through yet, how do you go from being told what's wrong to making the problems worse?


Remember that one of the main points for rejecting these EOs is that, no matter how much their language is redacted, they are still being viewed in light of Trump's anti-muslim rhetoric. If there was a noticeable risk associated with immigrants (or even visitors) from these countries, it'd be one thing (because then Trump could make a real national security argument), but since there isn't, we can always go back to Trump's campaign statements about how he wants to ban muslims, which means that a reasonable judge can find that while the letter of the order doesn't violate the constitution, its real-world effects do.


Yeah, the language didn't actually get worse, it just didn't fix the underlying problem. You can't have your surrogates running out onto national television telling everyone how they're going to figure out how to make your Muslim Ban legal then argue that you reworked the language so it doesn't explicitly *say* Muslim ban..."So come on Judge... did we fool ya????"

Trump appears not to be capable of understanding what that problem is of course...
Top

Return to Politics