Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

The Trump Administration's War With Reality

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Eyal   » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:24 am

Eyal
Commander

Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:09 pm
Location: Israel

[urk=http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/27/politics/trump-health-care-complicated/]Trump: 'Nobody knew health care could be so complicated'[/url]

Really? Because I'm pretty sure a lot of people did know...
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:30 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Posts: 2024
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:54 am
Location: Bristol, England

Eyal wrote:[urk=http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/27/politics/trump-health-care-complicated/]Trump: 'Nobody knew health care could be so complicated'[/url]

Really? Because I'm pretty sure a lot of people did know...

(bolding mine)
...From Trump's viewpoint, "urk" might have been the correct bit.

I think you may have meant to post -
Trump: 'Nobody knew health care could be so complicated'
however.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Annachie   » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:54 am

Annachie
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1579
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Which probably translates to nobody told him.

From his personal experience health care would have been simple.

Side note. I've said before how to fix America's health care.
Pres. Trump is probably the only president crazy enough, or ballsy enough, to do it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Tenshinai   » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:48 am

Tenshinai
Admiral

Posts: 2859
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Sweden

Annachie wrote:Which probably translates to nobody told him.

From his personal experience health care would have been simple.

Side note. I've said before how to fix America's health care.
Pres. Trump is probably the only president crazy enough, or ballsy enough, to do it.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk


And while i don´t EXPECT that to happen, i also do not rule it out and think it would be hilarious if he DID do it. :mrgreen:
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:25 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Posts: 2024
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:54 am
Location: Bristol, England

...With Trump, is anyone else reminded of the Trope Achievements in ignorance?
The concept being that if someone doesn't actually know that something's impossible, they may go ahead and achieve it despite all the opposing conventional wisdom.

If that particular trope does come into play how much will America achieve under Trump?
:twisted:
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Annachie   » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:24 am

Annachie
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1579
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Sessions lied to congress string him up!!!!!


Actualy, it is an indicator to this administration and it's attitude to the truth.
He didn't lie, just left the awkward bit out and made the whole thing look terrible when it was inevitably revealed.

A bit too "business as usual" down in the swamp.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Tenshinai   » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:58 am

Tenshinai
Admiral

Posts: 2859
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Sweden

Michael Everett wrote:...With Trump, is anyone else reminded of the Trope Achievements in ignorance?
The concept being that if someone doesn't actually know that something's impossible, they may go ahead and achieve it despite all the opposing conventional wisdom.

If that particular trope does come into play how much will America achieve under Trump?
:twisted:


Oh it´s definitely a possibility. And about the best the rest of the world can hope for...
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:51 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

Posts: 487
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:08 pm
Location: 35 NW center of nowhere.

Michael Everett wrote:...With Trump, is anyone else reminded of the Trope Achievements in ignorance?
The concept being that if someone doesn't actually know that something's impossible, they may go ahead and achieve it despite all the opposing conventional wisdom.

If that particular trope does come into play how much will America achieve under Trump?
:twisted:


Unfortunately, what makes healthcare so effing complicated is that it has to go through both houses of congress first. No way what Trump wants will get past the Freedom Caucus in the House. No way anything the freedom Caucus bullies through The House will win enough Democrat votes in the Senate for cloture. Since we are making movie/tv references: Catch 22.

Nobody wanted what came out as the ACA, it was the best that could get through the political process and rules had to be suspended to get that.
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Senior Chief   » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:01 pm

Senior Chief
Lieutenant Commander

Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:02 am
Location: Bear Flag Republic - San Diego, CA

Annachie wrote:Sessions lied to congress string him up!!!!!


Actualy, it is an indicator to this administration and it's attitude to the truth.
He didn't lie, just left the awkward bit out and made the whole thing look terrible when it was inevitably revealed.

A bit too "business as usual" down in the swamp.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk


"Every" member of congress lies!!! JMHO... those elected officials meet all the time with foreign ambassadors in the course of doing business. Sessions was not part of the Trump campaign at the time. However these people who are screaming are just like the same people (sore losers) that said that Bush flew in an SR71 to Europe to ensure the hostages would not be released until Reagan was president...
Top
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Annachie   » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:13 pm

Annachie
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1579
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

OK Senior Chief.

Of the 26ish members of the armed forces committee, 20 have said that they have never met with ANY ambassador as part of their comittee functions, the rest didn't answer.

At least one of those meetings occured during a trip that was paid for by the Trump campaign and yes Sessions was a member of the Trump campaign at the time.

Given Trumps nature, and any campaigns understandable desire to keep costs down, if Sessions had actually met the ambassador as part of his senate duties they sure as hell would have charged his senate travel account for part of the costs.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top

Return to Politics