Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

The Trump Administration's War With Reality

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by smr   » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:50 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Except the Obama administration instituted that rule and when Trump tried to change rule. The rule change was blocked by 9th Circuit Judge. (The rest of the story!)

The Failing @nytimes quotes “a senior White House official,” who doesn’t exist, as saying “even if the meeting were reinstated, holding it on June 12 would be impossible, given the lack of time and the amount of planning needed.” WRONG AGAIN! Use real people, not phony sources.

Trump at it again. Any time the news reports anything he doesn't like he just reflexively calls it fake.

Only this time the Times released the name of the official that "doesn't exist" AND the recording of the press briefing that official was conducting where he said exactly what they reported he said.

An OFFICIAL briefing, given to DOZENS of reporters and news outlets.

Now we can all watch Trump ignore this and continue his pathological lying because his supporters din't care if anything he says is true anyway.[/quote]

In a similar vein, after it came out that ICE lost almost 1500 children it took away from their parents at the border, Trump was on the twitters telling people to ... force the Democrats to do something about this?

Never mind that this whole "separate families to deter immigration" thing is something the Trump admin came up with all on their own, never mind that the Democrats aren't in power right now....[/quote]
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:45 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Except the Obama administration instituted that rule and when Trump tried to change rule. The rule change was blocked by 9th Circuit Judge. (The rest of the story!)

Please provide credible references for what you just claimed.
Post by ywing14   » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:44 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

The E wrote:https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1000396430371106817?s=19

The Failing @nytimes quotes “a senior White House official,” who doesn’t exist, as saying “even if the meeting were reinstated, holding it on June 12 would be impossible, given the lack of time and the amount of planning needed.” WRONG AGAIN! Use real people, not phony sources.

Trump at it again. Any time the news reports anything he doesn't like he just reflexively calls it fake.

Only this time the Times released the name of the official that "doesn't exist" AND the recording of the press briefing that official was conducting where he said exactly what they reported he said.

An OFFICIAL briefing, given to DOZENS of reporters and news outlets.

Now we can all watch Trump ignore this and continue his pathological lying because his supporters din't care if anything he says is true anyway.

In a similar vein, after it came out that ICE lost almost 1500 children it took away from their parents at the border, Trump was on the twitters telling people to ... force the Democrats to do something about this?

Never mind that this whole "separate families to deter immigration" thing is something the Trump admin came up with all on their own, never mind that the Democrats aren't in power right now....[/quote]

The E, you're incorrect. ICE did not loose the children. When ICE encounters children they are turned over to HHS, HHS lost the children. HHS is an entirely different organization.
Post by Fireflair   » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:01 pm

Fireflair
Captain of the List

I feel that it's not relevant which branch or agency of the government lost the children. The simple fact that a government organization lost 1500 people, children or otherwise, is significant.
Post by ywing14   » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:21 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Fireflair wrote:I feel that it's not relevant which branch or agency of the government lost the children. The simple fact that a government organization lost 1500 people, children or otherwise, is significant.

Overall, I agree with you! But the amount of arguments I see on this board regarding accuracy and documentation of facts I want to be make sure people use the right ones. Additionally I've got a lot of friends in ICE and I don't appreciate when people blacken their name for things they aren't responsible for. By all means complain about what they have done. But not what they haven't.
Post by Annachie   » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:43 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Actually it's what ICE are being instructed to do that is the real problem.
Compared the what the chief propagandist is telling us they are doing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by The E   » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:53 am

The E
Admiral

ywing14 wrote:The E, you're incorrect. ICE did not loose the children. When ICE encounters children they are turned over to HHS, HHS lost the children. HHS is an entirely different organization.

This is true, but beside the point. Trump telling people to tell the Democrats to fix things he and his administration have fucked up (despite the Dems not being in a position to do so, what with being the minority party in Congress and all) is just plain weird.
Post by Annachie   » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:28 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

While he says fix, he means capitulate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:47 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

Annachie wrote:While he says fix, he means capitulate.

Capitulate means total surrender -that is what Obama did with Anti-Americans & Radical Islam

Nimitz
Post by Michael Everett   » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:51 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote:
Annachie wrote:While he says fix, he means capitulate.

Capitulate means total surrender -that is what Obama did with Anti-Americans & Radical Islam

Nimitz

Really? Guess I missed the sight of New York coming to a stop five times a day as prayers to Allah are broadcast from loudspeakers.

Of course, that might be because the city is almost at a standstill anyway as people worship the Almighty Dollar...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995

Return to Politics