Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests

The Trump Administration's War With Reality

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by gcomeau   » Sat May 26, 2018 3:54 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 06817?s=19

The Failing @nytimes quotes “a senior White House official,” who doesn’t exist, as saying “even if the meeting were reinstated, holding it on June 12 would be impossible, given the lack of time and the amount of planning needed.” WRONG AGAIN! Use real people, not phony sources.

Trump at it again. Any time the news reports anything he doesn't like he just reflexively calls it fake.

Only this time the Times released the name of the official that "doesn't exist" AND the recording of the press briefing that official was conducting where he said exactly what they reported he said.

An OFFICIAL briefing, given to DOZENS of reporters and news outlets.

Now we can all watch Trump ignore this and continue his pathological lying because his supporters din't care if anything he says is true anyway.
Post by dscott8   » Sat May 26, 2018 4:41 pm

dscott8
Commodore

Starsaber wrote:The best way to reduce the power of OPEC is to reduce our dependency on oil. Obviously, that's a long-term effort, but it's one that we need to focus on rather than continuing to pander to oil companies (either conventional or shale).

In related news, Ford is dropping all production of passenger cars except for the Mustang, to focus on producing trucks and SUVs.
Post by The E   » Sun May 27, 2018 2:16 am

The E
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1000396430371106817?s=19

The Failing @nytimes quotes “a senior White House official,” who doesn’t exist, as saying “even if the meeting were reinstated, holding it on June 12 would be impossible, given the lack of time and the amount of planning needed.” WRONG AGAIN! Use real people, not phony sources.

Trump at it again. Any time the news reports anything he doesn't like he just reflexively calls it fake.

Only this time the Times released the name of the official that "doesn't exist" AND the recording of the press briefing that official was conducting where he said exactly what they reported he said.

An OFFICIAL briefing, given to DOZENS of reporters and news outlets.

Now we can all watch Trump ignore this and continue his pathological lying because his supporters din't care if anything he says is true anyway.

In a similar vein, after it came out that ICE lost almost 1500 children it took away from their parents at the border, Trump was on the twitters telling people to ... force the Democrats to do something about this?

Never mind that this whole "separate families to deter immigration" thing is something the Trump admin came up with all on their own, never mind that the Democrats aren't in power right now....
Post by gcomeau   » Thu May 31, 2018 12:49 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 6733853696

Not that it matters but I never fired James Comey because of Russia! The Corrupt Mainstream Media loves to keep pushing that narrative, but they know it is not true!

Well, apparently someone has finally, after a year and a half, managed to successfully explain to Trump that firing Comey because of the Russian investigation Comey was overseeing into Trump is what "Obstruction of Justice" is referring to.

Now they just need to explain the concept of video recordings and transcripts to him. Like the video of him telling Lester Holt he fired Comey because he thought the Russia investigation was a made up thing, or the transcript of him telling the Russians in the White House that he had fired Comey and now the "pressure because of Russia" would be "taken off".

(Just kidding, he doesn't care if there are videos and transcripts, he's just going to lie about the FAKE NEWS MEDIA to his base anyway, and they're going to eat it up.)
Post by smr   » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:05 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Gcomeau why don't you go to the library and check out the [u]The Art of the Deal[u]. Next, refine that philosophy by 30 years of experience and that will help you understand Trump and many of tactics. The reason I suggested the library is because you hate Trump with extreme prejudice and you will not be rewarding his coffers by buying the book. The closet character in a book that reminds me of Donald Trump is Eric Flint and the 1632 series. Donald reminds me of the King of the Danes both are smart intelligent men but could act as buffoons at times. The King of the Danes at least had the excuse of being a drunk but Donald is a non-drinker.
Post by Joat42   » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:19 pm

Joat42
Admiral

smr wrote:Gcomeau why don't you go to the library and check out the [u]The Art of the Deal[u]. Next, refine that philosophy by 30 years of experience and that will help you understand Trump and many of tactics. The reason I suggested the library is because you hate Trump with extreme prejudice and you will not be rewarding his coffers by buying the book. The closet character in a book that reminds me of Donald Trump is Eric Flint and the 1632 series. Donald reminds me of the King of the Danes both are smart intelligent men but could act as buffoons at times. The King of the Danes at least had the excuse of being a drunk but Donald is a non-drinker.

You mean the book that was written by Tony Schwartz and if he had written it today it would have been titled 'The Sociopath'?

And I don't get it, why do you think someone hates Trump when they factually point out all his faults, lies and inconsistencies? They may have an intense dislike for Trump, but going from that to hatred is a stretch.

I don't doubt there are people that hates Trump but the vast majority that doesn't see him in a positive light probably just dislike him.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:30 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
smr wrote:Gcomeau why don't you go to the library and check out the [u]The Art of the Deal[u]. Next, refine that philosophy by 30 years of experience and that will help you understand Trump and many of tactics. The reason I suggested the library is because you hate Trump with extreme prejudice and you will not be rewarding his coffers by buying the book. The closet character in a book that reminds me of Donald Trump is Eric Flint and the 1632 series. Donald reminds me of the King of the Danes both are smart intelligent men but could act as buffoons at times. The King of the Danes at least had the excuse of being a drunk but Donald is a non-drinker.

You mean the book that was written by Tony Schwartz and if he had written it today it would have been titled 'The Sociopath'?

And I don't get it, why do you think someone hates Trump when they factually point out all his faults, lies and inconsistencies? They may have an intense dislike for Trump, but going from that to hatred is a stretch.

I don't doubt there are people that hates Trump but the vast majority that doesn't see him in a positive light probably just dislike him.

Awww.... beat me to it. ;)

But yeah smr, if you're getting your insight on who Trump is from a book he didn't write by a ghostwriter whose REAL expressed opinion of Trump outside that work of fiction he was paid to produce is... ummm... let's say 'not complimentary'...

Well, ok, I'm not even a little bit surprised by that actually. It fits your track record pretty well.
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:03 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

gcomeau wrote:
Joat42 wrote:eau why don't you go to the library and check out the [u]The Art of the Deal[u]. Next, refine that philosophy by 30 years of experience and that will help you understand Trump and many of tactics. The reason I suggested the library is because you hate Trump with extreme prejudice and you will not be rewarding his coffers by buying the book. The closet character in a book that reminds me of Donald Trump is Eric Flint and the 1632 series. Donald reminds me of the King of the Danes both are smart intelligent men but could act as buffoons at times. The King of the Danes at least had the excuse of being a drunk but Donald is a non-drinker.

But yeah smr, if you're getting your insight on who Trump is from a book he didn't write by a ghostwriter whose REAL expressed opinion of Trump outside that work of fiction he was paid to produce is... ummm... let's say 'not complimentary'...

Well, ok, I'm not even a little bit surprised by that actually. It fits your track record pretty well.[/quote]
--------------- :mrgreen:

Enlighten Us gcomeau are You a paid troll or a true believer in the Anti-Trump cause?

Nimitz
Post by Eyal   » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:57 am

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

gcomeau wrote:
Joat42 wrote:You mean the book that was written by Tony Schwartz and if he had written it today it would have been titled 'The Sociopath'?

Well, ok, I'm not even a little bit surprised by that actually. It fits your track record pretty well.

Ironically, the background of The Art Of The Deal arguably showcases Trump's lack of negotiating chops - the writer was apparently able to press for terms ehich are pretty much unheard of for ghost writers
Post by Fireflair   » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:01 am

Fireflair
Captain of the List

I have to second the point about hating him. I don't care for Trump (Or many politicians) because of how they act, what they do and their lack of a moralistic or realistic view of the world. But I don't hate them.

I can't think of a single person I hate, honestly. Not even people who have genuinely done me wrong. I don't forget those wrongs and the people involved, I don't forgive them either, but I won't waste the energy needed to actively hate them.

Even when I disagree with some one's opinion, and likely I think they're a fool for standing on what is 'obviously' a stupid position that they are equally convinced is the right one, I don't hate them. I've seen some pretty vitriolic rhetoric here on the boards in the politics section, for example, but I don't hate anyone involved.

Return to Politics