Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

The Trump Administration's War With Reality

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:33 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Trump now claiming yesterday's Inspector General's report "totally exonerates" him of Russian collusion.

That isn't even what the report was ABOUT. It was about the FBI's handling of the Clinton e-mail investigation. Which it concluded was improperly handled mostly in ways that *helped Trump win and hurt Clinton's chances*.

It did not contain one single damn word about the Russia investigation. But now watch half of Trump's base accept this as truth.
Post by smr   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:33 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

I have to agree with this post. However, I will disagree with your characterization of the IG report. Initially, Gcomeau assessment was correct until some legal terms were explained to me. That's when the IG becomes very damaging! Well, my next 2 to 3 weeks are going to busy in my spare time. The dang report is over 500 pages and this is going to take sometime to go through, digest, and understand the report.

gcomeau wrote:Trump now claiming yesterday's Inspector General's report "totally exonerates" him of Russian collusion.

That isn't even what the report was ABOUT. It was about the FBI's handling of the Clinton e-mail investigation. Which it concluded was improperly handled mostly in ways that *helped Trump win and hurt Clinton's chances*.

It did not contain one single damn word about the Russia investigation. But now watch half of Trump's base accept this as truth.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:38 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:I have to agree with this post. However, I will disagree with your characterization of the IG report. Initially, Gcomeau assessment was correct until some legal terms were explained to me. That's when the IG becomes very damaging!

We will all now proceed to wait, in futility, for an explanation of specifically how it is "very damaging".
Post by smr   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:48 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Look up what legal "bias" means in a court of law. Comey had no documented "legal" bias but others did. What does this mean...could that be phone conversations (that's only if your in the intelligence services) (every phone is recorded and stored at the NSA in the US), emails, or texts.

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:I have to agree with this post. However, I will disagree with your characterization of the IG report. Initially, Gcomeau assessment was correct until some legal terms were explained to me. That's when the IG becomes very damaging!

We will all now proceed to wait, in futility, for an explanation of specifically how it is "very damaging".
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:06 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Look up what legal "bias" means in a court of law. Comey had no documented "legal" bias but others did.

Not that was found to have influenced their work they didn't.

Still waiting for the specifics about the very damaging part.
Post by smr   » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:49 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Actually their are people found with bias just not Comey. He did not put it in any texts or emails. Lisa Paige and Peter Strok and others were found to have bias and recommendations of investigations. So where does this go now, depends if they are cooperating or not. I can see this going either way...in favor of Trump...in favor of Mueller.

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:Look up what legal "bias" means in a court of law. Comey had no documented "legal" bias but others did.

Not that was found to have influenced their work they didn't.

Still waiting for the specifics about the very damaging part.
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:28 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Actually their are people found with bias just not Comey. He did not put it in any texts or emails. Lisa Paige and Peter Strok and others were found to have bias...

Not. That. Effected. Their. Work.
Post by smr   » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:38 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Opinion not fact. Notice they reference the Weiner's laptop and the clinton foundation (footnotes).

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:Actually their are people found with bias just not Comey. He did not put it in any texts or emails. Lisa Paige and Peter Strok and others were found to have bias...

Not. That. Effected. Their. Work.
Post by The E   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:27 pm

The E
Admiral

Trump just tweeted about how crime in germany is a yuuuge problem because immigrants.

Hey, smr, wanna guess how true that statement is? I'm gonna give you a chance to verify it before I debunk it.

... Except that would be stupid; leaving smr to do independent fact checking is like trying to get a dog to throw the ball back to you.

So, in between the general trend of the german criminal statistics which, like many such statistics compiled all over the western world, show a consistent downward trend in pretty much all areas of criminal activity, there is one particular stat that saw a marked increase over last year.

Can you guess what it is?

No, it's not rape or sexual assault, try again.
No, it's not property theft either.
No, grand theft is also out.
No, look, "being a mime" isn't even a crime, why'd you think....

Anyway, it's (drumroll.wav) anti-semitic hate crime. Up 2.5%. Mostly perpetrated not by muslims, but run-of-the-mill white boys.

Curious, that, isn't it.
Post by smr   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:38 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

To THeE: Who cares it's Germany!

Return to Politics