Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests

The Trump Administration's War With Reality

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:41 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Where is that tweet or was that just a headline? Please post the tweet and what he was responding to!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 7703026689

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 5400386560

3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000...

.....This was done by the Democrats in order to make me look as bad as possible when I was successfully raising Billions of Dollars to help rebuild Puerto Rico. If a person died for any reason, like old age, just add them onto the list. Bad politics. I love Puerto Rico!

The official death toll was updated after the completion of the report on the aftermath of the storm. The few confirmed deaths he was speaking of when he took his photo op trip there were extremely early on when they were still not even in communication with most of the island and there was nothing resembling a proper count yet... and then his total lack of concern about conditions on the island as they were pleading for help for the next many months led to a large number of avoidable deaths.

But Trump is incapable of dealing with reality, so it's all a Democratic conspiracy and everyone is out to get him!!!!!

He's a pathologically lying cripplingly narcissistic moron.
Post by smr   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:55 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

We had 3 major level 4 hurricanes that hit the US and Puerto Rico and not to mention the wild fires in California. I personally had my flooded by 5 feet of water. I had never been flooded in 40 years. We had Governor of Puerto Rico blaming Trump for her lack of preparedness. The utility was bankrupted under the Democrats. She was not even attending the FEMA meetings. The most important problem was logistics. They are on an island. The Majors were supporting Trump in rescue efforts and said FEMA was doing a good job under difficult circumstances. The logistics of being an Island take more time during a natural disaster. (Before Harvey) My last hurricane I went through it took 6 weeks to restore power to my sub-division. I just moved back into my old house August 1, 2018. I am still doing repairs but the house is livable and safe. Lots of little jobs to complete.

Gcomeau your an idiot. Annachie, I am truly disappointed with you agreeing with Gcomeau. I expect better out of you. Annachie, please go use your time to bash Trump on legitimate issues this is not one of them.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:37 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:We had 3 major level 4 hurricanes that hit the US and Puerto Rico and not to mention the wild fires in California.

Uhhuh.... I'm aware.

I personally had my flooded by 5 feet of water. I had never been flooded in 40 years. We had Governor of Puerto Rico blaming Trump for her lack of preparedness.

She's the mayor of San Juan. Not the governor of Puerto Rico.

That's the kind of thing anyone actually paying attention would know.

The utility was bankrupted under the Democrats. She was not even attending the FEMA meetings. The most important problem was logistics. They are on an island.

Puerto Rico is AN ISLAND?????

Good gosh, thanks for telling us!

If only the US had the world's largest merchant marine fleet or something on top of the world's largest navy? And a bunch of planes that can fly over water? Oh darn.... if only...

The Majors were supporting Trump in rescue efforts and said FEMA was doing a good job under difficult circumstances. The logistics of being an Island take more time during a natural disaster. (Before Harvey) My last hurricane I went through it took 6 weeks to restore power to my sub-division.

Puerto Rico still didn't have full power restoration until after 11 MONTHS.

And what part of any of this is addressing the death toll Trump is claiming was made up to make him look bad???

You asked for where he said it. I showed you where he said it. you go screaming off on a tangent...
Post by Annachie   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:42 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I'm not bashing Trump on this, after all FEMA has been a clusterfuck for years. Too expensive until you actually need it and not sexy like military spending.

No, my problem is Trump's responses which aren't worthy of a 5 yr old let alone a world leader.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:11 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Thank you for the clarification, Annachie. Now, Gcomeau she was running for Governor...my bad in that regard. You are correct she was a Mayor. My point is still valid.

Annachie wrote:I'm not bashing Trump on this, after all FEMA has been a clusterfuck for years. Too expensive until you actually need it and not sexy like military spending.

No, my problem is Trump's responses which aren't worthy of a 5 yr old let alone a world leader.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:29 am

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Thank you for the clarification, Annachie. Now, Gcomeau she was running for Governor...my bad in that regard. You are correct she was a Mayor. My point is still valid.

Annachie wrote:I'm not bashing Trump on this, after all FEMA has been a clusterfuck for years. Too expensive until you actually need it and not sexy like military spending.

You didn't make a point. We were discussing him denying what the death toll was. Because this thread's entire premise is his constant reality denial.

You completely ignored that.
Post by smr   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:17 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

64 people actually died in Hurricane Maria! We all can play games with statistics.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:55 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:64 people actually died in Hurricane Maria! We all can play games with statistics.

What you just did is not "playing games with statistics". It's called "denying reality ".
Post by smr   » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:25 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Life imitates art!

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:64 people actually died in Hurricane Maria! We all can play games with statistics.

What you just did is not "playing games with statistics". It's called "denying reality ".
Post by Starsaber   » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:47 pm

Starsaber
Captain (Junior Grade)

Yes, technically 64 people died during Maria. That's just not all the people that died during or because of Maria, but 64 is less than 3000, so at least 64 people did die then.

Return to Politics