Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests

The Trump Administration's War With Reality

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: The Trump Administration's War With Reality
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Odd thing about that picture. While the board is the right way round, the Blue pieces are at the wrong angle for the game. Not that it matters much given that the Red side is cheating hugely by adding three extra boards filled with 16 faceless pawns which is twice as many as is legally allowed. In addition, a large percentage of those pawns aren't actually on squares but are on the intersections instead, which is illegal.
Of course, being unable to move vertically means that they are unable to reach the main board, unless they turn into suicide attacks (damaged from throwing themselves over the edge... hmmmm, an interesting potential metaphor there...)
The two primary pieces on Red (King and Queen/Trump and Whatsername) seem to be taking up twice as much space as is allowed, having a 2x1 base rather than 1x1. While the Blue side has four counters, it is not uncommon for Pawns to be denoted by Draughts/Checkers counters due to how easy it is to lose the pieces in question. Nevertheless, that particular representation is... borderline. Given the orientation of the blue pieces, the four counters at what at first glance appears to be the first row (where Pawns cannot be due to how they move), it is possible that the CNN counter is about to get promoted, probably to a Queen. In addition, the blue knight seems well positioned to take out the K-Bishop which is currently totally unprotected. It is also worth noting that unless Trump is a Queen, the fact that Blue is moving one of the counter/pawns indicates that the Obama-piece is a piece that has a far wider range of movement than Trump, given the fact that Whatsername is on the same diagonal and it would otherwise be check, forcing Blue to move Obama or block the potential attack.

My conclusion? The person who drew the cartoon knows about Chess only from watching Star Trek.
The intended metaphor has failed under scrutiny.
Which is, in itself, another metaphor...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:48 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:It's not business with the Government shut down!

Yes it is genius. Congress is NOT shut down.

Nancy should be Washington at the Table with Trump to iron out their differences or is this just about stopping Trump!

Wall meet immovable object!

https://grrrgraphics.com/wp-content/upl ... _match.jpg

The fact that you can even conceive of Trump playing chess is just a sad commentary on the level of your delusion regarding him.

He doesn't have the attention span for a game of tic tac toe. He's not playing out some kind of grand political strategy. The Democrats just won a wave election based in part on running on NOT building a wall. If Trump couldn't get one with GOP control of both chambers for 2 years he isn't getting one now and everyone knows it.

He. Is. Throwing. A. Tantrum.

And he's ruining the lives of thousands upon thousands of federal workers he is responsible for as his preferred methods of tantrum throwing. Because he doesn't give a shit about a single one of them. (Or you btw)
Post by smr   » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:56 am

smr
Vice Admiral

Gcomeau. the views that you espouse is your right to express!

Getting back to the Shutdown, this shutdown is probably going to go on for a long time. Why is that? I suggested Alpha Male verses Alpha Female locked into a battle of wills. Also, my concurrent view that both are acting as petulant children on the World's stage.

I can not help but think of Moses, the Pharaoh, and the Exodus of Jews from Egypt. Has Nancy's heart been hardened or is Trump's heart been hardened? Is this a gambit by both parties to try to break the will of the opposing political party? Is this history repeating itself?
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:32 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Gcomeau. the views that you espouse is your right to express!

Getting back to the Shutdown, this shutdown is probably going to go on for a long time. Why is that? I suggested Alpha Male verses Alpha Female locked into a battle of wills. Also, my concurrent view that both are acting as petulant children on the World's stage.

I can not help but think of Moses, the Pharaoh, and the Exodus of Jews from Egypt. Has Nancy's heart been hardened or is Trump's heart been hardened? Is this a gambit by both parties to try to break the will of the opposing political party? Is this history repeating itself?

These are the simple facts.

1. Trump just had 2 years of GOP control of the White House, The Senate, and the House. Didn't build a wall.
2. Trump was given over a billion dollars for enhanced border security already, barely spent any of it.
2. We just had an election where he spent the entire thing yelling "Build That Wall!" and the Democrats said "Nope, no wall". The Democrats won a resounding victory and seized firm control of the House.
3. Now that they are in control of the House suddenly it is a national emergency that the wall isn't being built. Despite nothing changing on the border relative to the last 2 years except that the number of children torn from their parents by this administration keeps climbing.
4. The GOP in the Senate voted UNANIMOUSLY for a funding resolution that would have kept the government open before the end of 2018. Trump then had that resolution killed in the House before it could be passed.
5. That same funding bill is now being rejected by the senators who voted UNANIMOUSLY IN FAVOR OF IT because Trump is telling them they can't pass it unless he gets the wall that is suddenly so important the entire country's government has to grind to a halt if he doesn't get it.
6. Trump announced on national television in advance of all this that he was the one who was going to shut down the government and he was going to be proud to do it.
7. The Democratic controlled House has passed over 10 resolutions that would refund the government and end the shutdown. The GOP in the Senate are refusing to let them pass and Trump is refusing to sign. While the country becomes n=more and more damaged by the day.

There is no debate over which side has a "hardened heart" here. Pull your head out of the sand and look at what is happening.
Post by smr   » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:06 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Gcomeau...your an idiot if you think Trump controlled the Senate. You need 60 votes and Demoncrats were not going to Trump anything! As for you caring for any Government workers...yeah right! This is like when you accused Trump being Nazi for interning children. Remember those photos were from when Obama was trying to stop the flood of immigrants. The children were being separated from parents by the Obama administration because they were not biologically related! Strangers were bringing other people's children across to qualify for Amnesty! Little details like that mean a big difference in a story! As for a National Emergency...I reference all your posts about we were treating children and illegal immigrants for wanting a better job. Is this a National Emergency happening like your claimed when he had those immigrant caravans come up in October or is this a Manufactured Crisis Issue? Either way you come off looking like a hypocrite! Now for that billion dollars that was allocated for border security...their is specific language that does not allow the money to be spent on the wall! As for the GOP, they have have taken the political hit they might as well weight it out and get the funding for the wall. Their are numerous Democrats that are OK with funding for the wall! Either the Democrats approve the funding or a National Emergency is declared! We both do not want a National Emergency declared because the office of President gains substantial powers under a National Emergency Declaration!

gcomeau wrote:

These are the simple facts.

1. Trump just had 2 years of GOP control of the White House, The Senate, and the House. Didn't build a wall.
2. Trump was given over a billion dollars for enhanced border security already, barely spent any of it.
2. We just had an election where he spent the entire thing yelling "Build That Wall!" and the Democrats said "Nope, no wall". The Democrats won a resounding victory and seized firm control of the House.
3. Now that they are in control of the House suddenly it is a national emergency that the wall isn't being built. Despite nothing changing on the border relative to the last 2 years except that the number of children torn from their parents by this administration keeps climbing.
4. The GOP in the Senate voted UNANIMOUSLY for a funding resolution that would have kept the government open before the end of 2018. Trump then had that resolution killed in the House before it could be passed.
5. That same funding bill is now being rejected by the senators who voted UNANIMOUSLY IN FAVOR OF IT because Trump is telling them they can't pass it unless he gets the wall that is suddenly so important the entire country's government has to grind to a halt if he doesn't get it.
6. Trump announced on national television in advance of all this that he was the one who was going to shut down the government and he was going to be proud to do it.
7. The Democratic controlled House has passed over 10 resolutions that would refund the government and end the shutdown. The GOP in the Senate are refusing to let them pass and Trump is refusing to sign.

There is no debate over which side has a "hardened heart" here. Pull your head out of the sand and look at what is happening.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:45 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Gcomeau...your an idiot if you think Trump controlled the Senate. You need 60 votes and Demoncrats were not going to Trump anything!

I repeat. GOP control of the Senate and the White House AND the House. = No Wall.

Now he thinks he's getting a wall with Democrats in control of the House after winning an election where they said they weren't building the wall?

Who's the idiot?

As for you caring for any Government workers...yeah right! This is like when you accused Trump being Nazi for interning children.

No, I call him a monstrous piece of shit for what he's doing to those children.

I call him a nazi sympathizer when he goes on cheerleading spiels defending nazis. Like after Charlottetown. Because that's what he was being.

Try to keep your Trump atrocities straight. I know it's hard with there being so many of them.

Remember those photos were from when Obama was trying to stop the flood of immigrants. The children were being separated from parents by the Obama administration because they were not biologically related!

Yes, there were ISOLATED instances of that happening when circumstances warranted it.

Which changed to it being done to pretty much EVERY FAMILY APPREHENDED CROSSING THE BORDER under Trump. Children taken from their actual parents just because he could. Not even bothering to keep track of them so they could be later returned. Because he wanted to inflict pain and torment as a deterrent and used children to do it.

Wake. Up.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:27 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

So President 3 Dimensional Political Chess Player.... Mr. Art Of The Deal... just caved completely in the Rose Garden like everyone knew was going to happen from the day he started this asinine shutdown, and agreed to reopen the government in exchange for exactly nothing at all. Probably because he's panicking over Stone and needed a new distraction for people to talk about instead of that.

Saw someone on Twitter say Pelosi is going to have to add Trump to her disclosure forms when it asks her for a list of assets she owns now.
Post by dscott8   » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:02 pm

dscott8
Commodore

Getting back to the Shutdown, this shutdown is probably going to go on for a long time....

And....

Twenty-four hours after this post, Trump fold his pair of deuces and Pelosi takes the pot.
Post by Annachie   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:15 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I really wasn't going to bother with any of these threads, but ...

"Getting back to the Shutdown, this shutdown is probably going to go on for a long time"

However, I suspect smr is basically right.
Three weeks time, chances are it will be shut down again. Hell, if it wasn't for Stone's arrest and flight problems leading into Superbowl next weekend, it would still be shut down.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:09 am

smr
Vice Admiral

For Trump to be reelected he has to deliver on the wall issue. So either the Demoncrats will come with some compromise or the Government is shut down again. The reason I do not want to see the government shut down again is Trump will probably declare a National Emergency. To be honest that scares me more than anything else. Under a National Emergency lots of rights, laws, and civil liberties can be suspended by just a signature without approval from Congress or the Courts.

Return to Politics