Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Daryl   » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:13 am

Daryl
Admiral

Posts: 2571
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

I don't believe that he deliberately trolls for bites, he is such an objectionable person that most people just dislike his normal thought processes.

Nimitz1923PD wrote:
Annachie wrote:I think the one thing we can all agree on is that Trump does no baiting.

He speaks purely what is on his mind.


We will have to disagree on this point - Trump has gained the rank of

"Troll Master"

Nimitz
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:30 am

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

Posts: 206
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Daryl wrote:I don't believe that he deliberately trolls for bites, he is such an objectionable person that most people just dislike his normal thought processes.
Annachie wrote:I think the one thing we can all agree on is that Trump does no baiting.

He speaks purely what is on his mind.


We will have to disagree on this point - Trump has gained the rank of

"Troll Master"

Nimitz
[/quote]
He is only objectionable to His enemies - But who is not objectionable to thier enemies?

I dont either I think it is intuative - Something like Sixth Sense

Nimitz
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Daryl   » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:41 am

Daryl
Admiral

Posts: 2571
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

Some of it may be cultural, but reading comments on here from the US citizens and from the US press (Fake media, I know) I do get the impression that many see him as I do.
A not particularly bright, loud mouthed, egotist. Somewhat like the embarrassing uncle that we accidently forget to invite to parties.

I'll even risk alienating my good US friends on here by comparing him to the "Ugly American" that you see while doing the tourist bit. Loud, brash and ignorant. At least he doesn't wear Hawaiian shirts.
I have two classic examples, we were at Dover castle in England admiring the 1st century Roman Pharos (lighthouse) when a fat man in an Hawaiian shirt loudly expounded on how it wasn't a lighthouse but a fort, because "I know forts".
The other was a loud woman on a excursion boat in Amsterdam who told us all that the cobblestoned streets were fake for the tourists, because you wouldn't have been able to ride a horse on them, and she knew because she was a Colonel in the US Marines.
To me both were similar to Trump.
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:51 am

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

Posts: 206
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Daryl wrote:Some of it may be cultural, but reading comments on here from the US citizens and from the US press (Fake media, I know) I do get the impression that many see him as I do.
A not particularly bright, loud mouthed, egotist. Somewhat like the embarrassing uncle that we accidently forget to invite to parties.

I'll even risk alienating my good US friends on here by comparing him to the "Ugly American" that you see while doing the tourist bit. Loud, brash and ignorant. At least he doesn't wear Hawaiian shirts.
I have two classic examples, we were at Dover castle in England admiring the 1st century Roman Pharos (lighthouse) when a fat man in an Hawaiian shirt loudly expounded on how it wasn't a lighthouse but a fort, because "I know forts".
The other was a loud woman on a excursion boat in Amsterdam who told us all that the cobblestoned streets were fake for the tourists, because you wouldn't have been able to ride a horse on them, and she knew because she was a Colonel in the US Marines.
To me both were similar to Trump.


It's always good to be Underestimated - Trump is the
P.T. Barnum of U.S. Politics

Nimitz
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:56 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Posts: 2229
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:54 am
Location: Bristol, England

Evil random question time.

Trump has tried to get rid of several laws, apparently (and I say this as someone viewing this from the outside, so I'm missing a lot of the subtleties) because he didn't like the person who was in charge when the law was created/implemented.

Could Trump Accidentally the Constitution?

Could he put in place a Law that as an unexpected side-effect (due to bad phrasing or unchecked small print) renders the Constitution effectively null and void?

And if he did, would America then be forced to revert to being the British Colonies?

It does seem like a Trump-ish thing to do, doesn't it?
:lol:
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
Animal Crossing Dreams at 6E00-00F5-2891
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:04 am

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

Posts: 206
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Michael Everett wrote:Evil random question time.

Trump has tried to get rid of several laws, apparently (and I say this as someone viewing this from the outside, so I'm missing a lot of the subtleties) because he didn't like the person who was in charge when the law was created/implemented.

Could Trump Accidentally the Constitution?

Could he put in place a Law that as an unexpected side-effect (due to bad phrasing or unchecked small print) renders the Constitution effectively null and void?

And if he did, would America then be forced to revert to being the British Colonies?

It does seem like a Trump-ish thing to do, doesn't it?
:lol:


Tell me You did not go to a public school...Please

Only Congress can make Laws - The President ie - Trump is obligated to enforce those Laws

What did happen to Civics 101?

Nimitz
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Annachie   » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:09 am

Annachie
Admiral

Posts: 2436
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Not as such.

By it's very nature it would be unconstitutional so wouldn't count.

If a law clashes with the constitution, the constitution wins.

But then laws are the province of the house, even if the President has a heavy hand in it.

Now a constitutional convention could conceivably do it, but again the constitution may not be interpreted in such a way as to make parts of it non-sensicle, and such a putative amendment would probably fail that test.


Nimitz, Michael's a pommie, not an American.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:23 am

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

Posts: 206
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Annachie wrote:Not as such.

By it's very nature it would be unconstitutional so wouldn't count.

If a law clashes with the constitution, the constitution wins.

But then laws are the province of the house, even if the President has a heavy hand in it.

Now a constitutional convention could conceivably do it, but again the constitution may not be interpreted in such a way as to make parts of it non-sensicle, and such a putative amendment would probably fail that test.


Nimitz, Michael's a pommie, not an American.

People tend to want quick fixes - Our system was designed to be slow and deliberate - Remember they knew the damage a King or Mob Rule could do - So they put in place safeguards

Nimitz
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Daryl   » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:29 am

Daryl
Admiral

Posts: 2571
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

More than one way to skin a cat.
Harry Turtledove wrote an alternative history book based on the premise that Joseph Stalin's pregnant mother had migrated to the US. He is called Joe Steel (as is the novel).

In it he gets into power by legal means (as did Hitler) then progressively subverted public opinion to the point that they accepted the Supreme Court being arrested (along with many Generals) and eventually shot for treason. Treason being to deny the beloved leader's wishes.

There are some parallels in Trump's situation. He continually lies without shame, so how can you call him on it? When people continually accept matters that other Presidents would have been called out on, he becomes even bolder. Will he go too quickly so that even his rusted on supporters say "Wait a sec"?
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:37 am

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

Posts: 206
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Daryl wrote:More than one way to skin a cat.
Harry Turtledove wrote an alternative history book based on the premise that Joseph Stalin's pregnant mother had migrated to the US. He is called Joe Steel (as is the novel).

In it he gets into power by legal means (as did Hitler) then progressively subverted public opinion to the point that they accepted the Supreme Court being arrested (along with many Generals) and eventually shot for treason. Treason being to deny the beloved leader's wishes.

There are some parallels in Trump's situation. He continually lies without shame, so how can you call him on it? When people continually accept matters that other Presidents would have been called out on, he becomes even bolder. Will he go too quickly so that even his rusted on supporters say "Wait a sec"?


Not hapening here -That is why we have the 2nd Amendment

Nimitz
Top

Return to Politics