Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by biochem   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:54 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:...So, what has Trump not done which he is being blamed for?
Conversely, what has he done which he has been accused of not doing?
(Please note - all claims by President Trump himself to have done/not done things do not count).

Gcomeau and his fellow leftists hate Trump beyond all reason, blame him for everything and believe every anti-Trump conspiracy theory out there.

Re the economy - the economic impact on the day to day economy is a lagging indicator. So with jobs etc most of that would be attributed to Obama not Trump. And frankly in spite of the spin it's not doing wonderful. But the stock market is a forward looking indicator with a large amount of it being driven by what investor's think will be coming in Trump's economy. In general toward the end of Obama investor's were optimistic (2014 S&P 500@ 12%, 2015 it was flat (trying to stay away from the effects of the 2016 election so skipping 2016)) but it's 20% with Trump so far.

He is getting deserved blame for his obnoxious personality. However the I hate Trump frothing at the mouth crowd exaggerates it. This includes the media which has lost all objectivity. It's best to read the Twitter feed directly that way you see all statements good and bad. The media has been exaggerating the bad and minimizing the good (which seems to be hurting them as much as him but they hate him too much to be objective).

Re Mueller He deserves Trump's attacks. He made some very poor judgment calls on his staff. 9/15 are avowed Hillary supporters. And a couple of them were frothing at the mouth I hate Trumpers. Not good optics. He is also an establishment guy and establishment Republicans hate Trump.

Re the FBI Trump has been a strong supporter of law enforcement especially the officer on the street. His attacks on the FBI have been reserved for the political top of the organization. The cadets responded positively to his speech. So they seem to be willing to accept that.

Re ISIS Trump is getting deserved credit for their defeat. Primarily because he knew he didn't have a clue and got out of Mattis's way. If more presidents did that we'd be a lot better off.

As a general theme Trump deserves a lot of the critism he gets but doesn't deserve the intensity of it. The I hate Trump crowd is so obviously irrational, they hurt their own cause because there is a lot that Trump can be legitimately blamed for but when they look like biased deranged lunatics it doesn't come across well.
Post by The E   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:20 am

The E
Admiral

But Hillary Clinton definitely deserves all the hate she gets, and Obama was very definitely the beginning of the end for freedom in America, yes?
Post by biochem   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:02 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

The E wrote:But Hillary Clinton definitely deserves all the hate she gets, and Obama was very definitely the beginning of the end for freedom in America, yes?

Re Hillary - She deserves the hatred but not the intensity

Re Obama - Seems nice enough as a person but I HATED his policies. And his imperial president tactics were setting a bad precedent for seperation of powers. Even some forward thinking Democrats were concerned, correctly noting that those same tactics could be used against them by a president of the opposite party.
Post by biochem   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:48 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

Re Kennedy and Ginsberg. I do think that he will replace both of them. Given Gorsuch Kennedy is not to worried and rumor is that Trump has promised Kennedy that he would stick to the list. Re Ginsberg I agree with the postings that she would die in office before allowing Trump to replace her. She is 88 and in poor health. Surviving 3 years would be a feat.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:42 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

biochem wrote:
Michael Everett wrote:...So, what has Trump not done which he is being blamed for?
Conversely, what has he done which he has been accused of not doing?
(Please note - all claims by President Trump himself to have done/not done things do not count).

Gcomeau and his fellow leftists hate Trump beyond all reason, blame him for everything and believe every anti-Trump conspiracy theory out there.

If you can point at a single "conspiracy theory" I have posted on this board that is not evidentially supported I would love to see it.

Re the economy - the economic impact on the day to day economy is a lagging indicator. So with jobs etc most of that would be attributed to Obama not Trump. And frankly in spite of the spin it's not doing wonderful. But the stock market is a forward looking indicator with a large amount of it being driven by what investor's think will be coming in Trump's economy.

Yeah, large dividend payouts for investors when this heist of a tax bill is passed. Which will end up being paid for by the poor and middle class and which do not meaningfully create any jobs for those people.

If you think that's a leading indicator of anything but an anticipated payday for the rich at the expense of the fiscal health of the nation, explain how.

He is getting deserved blame for his obnoxious personality. However the I hate Trump frothing at the mouth crowd exaggerates it.

They really, really do not.

This includes the media which has lost all objectivity. It's best to read the Twitter feed directly that way you see all statements good and bad. The media has been exaggerating the bad and minimizing the good (which seems to be hurting them as much as him but they hate him too much to be objective).

Re Mueller He deserves Trump's attacks. He made some very poor judgment calls on his staff. 9/15 are avowed Hillary supporters. And a couple of them were frothing at the mouth I hate Trumpers. Not good optics. He is also an establishment guy and establishment Republicans hate Trump.

Ok, let's just be absolutely clear here.

You think law enforcement hiring decisions should be based not on skill and merit, but on the personal political beliefs of the agents?

Because that is literally what you just argued.

Re the FBI Trump has been a strong supporter of law enforcement especially the officer on the street. His attacks on the FBI have been reserved for the political top of the organization.

And the CIA. And the NSA. And anyone who supports the overwhelming intelligence consensus Russia interfered in the election on his behalf.

The cadets responded positively to his speech. So they seem to be willing to accept that.

Pretty sure they're required to respond positively.

Re ISIS Trump is getting deserved credit for their defeat. Primarily because he knew he didn't have a clue and got out of Mattis's way. If more presidents did that we'd be a lot better off.

Once again, what exactly has been done under this admin that hasn't just been a continuation of what was already being done before? Or is he getting credit for..... doing nothing?

You keep blaming the I hate Trump crowd for their irrationality but you're never able to prevent actual data to rebut their arguments. You just accuse them of being hysterical then walk away.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:11 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Personally, I'd love to see a list of anti-Trump conspiricy theories.

Is it stupid to ask that it's a credible list?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:37 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Annachie wrote:Personally, I'd love to see a list of anti-Trump conspiricy theories.

Is it stupid to ask that it's a credible list?

Oh there's always some whack a doodle stuff floating around the fringes (like the "Melania has been secretly replaced by a body double" silliness). But everyone is pretty hung up on the whole Trump/Russia thing at center stage. And it's a hard sell to call that one a crazy conspiracy theory when it's coming from the nation's intelligence services. Of course that is exactly the kind of thing bio is referring to when he says "conspiracy theories"

Which is pretty astounding actually when you consider he's doing that in defense of the guy in the White House who has supported/endorsed at various times:

1. The birther conspiracy theory that Barack Obama's entire past was faked to hide the fact he was born in Kenya.

2. The "scientists all over the world are faking climate change science for REASONS" conspiracy theory.

3. A "Ted Cruz's dad was involved in the Kennedy assassination" conspiracy theory I had never even heard of before he suddenly crazily started throwing it around.

4. The "millions of illegals" voted for Clinton and cost him the popular vote conspiracy theory.

5. The "Joe Scarborough murdered one of his interns" conspiracy theory.

etc...

The guy who once publicly stated that absolute NUTCASE conspiracy theorist Alex Jones (whose show among other gems brought us the "NASA has a secret child slavery ring on Mars" conspiracy theory) deserves a Pullitzer...

This is the conspiracy theory presidency ffs... seeing any Trump supporter complaining that people against Trump are conspiracy theorists causes levels of cognitive dissonance that may pose a health hazard.
Post by Joat42   » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:57 pm

Joat42
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:..snip..
This is the conspiracy theory presidency ffs... seeing any Trump supporter complaining that people against Trump are conspiracy theorists causes levels of cognitive dissonance that may pose a health hazard.

(Couldn't resist)

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by cthia   » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:39 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Comical relief courtesy of my niece...

"Fortunately, there's a bright side to electing Donald Trump.
Unfortunately, he sits on it."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:09 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Me own comical relief...

"Ivanka, my dear. I am the greatest. I really am. The greatest."

"No daddy. Muhammad Ali is the greatest."

"What?! After all of the blows I've dealt this country, I'm not considered the greatest? After all the sucker punches, the uppercuts, the loopy right hands I've thrown? After all of the dopes I've roped into voting for me, Ali is still considered the greatest? What's he got that I don't? He only floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee. So does my decisions. Since I can't take away the crown from Muhammad, I'll take away the mountain from Muhammad. NO MORE MUSLIMS CAN ENTER THIS COUNTRY!"

This would make a great SNL skit.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Politics