Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by cthia   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:27 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

smr wrote:Would you talk to Mueller? Me...Not smart...I fight it in court but then the Demoncrats would want that.

Hell yes I'd talk to Mueller. If I'm POTUS, I'd talk to Mueller. If I'm innocent and POTUS, I'd talk to Mueller. Regardless, I'm POTUS and the charges are serious, so I'd talk to Mueller. Heck, I'd have insisted that I talk to Mueller long time ago to assist the witch hunt because I'd be after the witches too! Democracy is being threatened in the US!

The only reason I wouldn't talk to Mueller is if it's a threat to National Security. Is a threat to National Security the reason Trump won't talk to Mueller and why he is hiding behind his "Fake News" claims on top of the fake News that he delivers?

I'd want the Constitution to be shoved deeply up my ass if I were guilty of the charges too. But hey, that's just me.

President Trump distorts every single fact that comes out of his mouth, rendering facts untruths. He taints reality as a matter of principle. Like taking credit when credit is not due him. Heck, perhaps we should see his birth certificate.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by smr   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:44 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Not according to the lawyers...Say one thing wrong or misspeaks then the lawyer goes perjury then Congress does their impeachment vote. I listen to the Trump lawyers. That's what they are being paid to do especially after these pack of political hyenas that are circling Trump. Sounds good in theory cythia but that is the wrong move.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:21 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Not according to the lawyers...Say one thing wrong or misspeaks then the lawyer goes perjury then Congress does their impeachment vote. I listen to the Trump lawyers. That's what they are being paid to do especially after these pack of political hyenas that are circling Trump. Sounds good in theory cythia but that is the wrong move.

Trump's lawyers are telling him not to do the interview because he's a pathological liar and lying to Mueller will be a felony.

You can argue they are giving him sound legal advice, but the reason it is sound is because the President of the United States cannot be trusted to tell the truth to law enforcement. And that's an issue.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:50 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Remember, Trump has previously been done for perjury.
A half decent lawyer wouldn't let him within cooee of a sworn statement.
Trouble is, this is one that he can't avoid.
If it can't be avoided you get it over and done with. Only reason not to is if actually answering questions under oath is far more damaging than refusing too.

Same as the tax returns actually. Releasing them must be far more damaging than not releasing them was.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by zyffyr   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:04 am

zyffyr
Lieutenant Commander

gcomeau wrote:Trump's lawyers are telling him not to do the interview because he's a pathological liar and lying to Mueller will be a felony.

Competent lawyers will tell you something to the effect of "If there is even the slightest chance that they are investigating you, do NOT talk to police or prosecutors. They almost always already know the answers to the questions they intend to ask and are just looking to catch you in a lie." Most cops will offer the same advice (at least to those they are close to).

Wait until they actually file charges, so you can see what they have on you.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:26 am

gcomeau
Admiral

zyffyr wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Trump's lawyers are telling him not to do the interview because he's a pathological liar and lying to Mueller will be a felony.

Competent lawyers will tell you something to the effect of "If there is even the slightest chance that they are investigating you, do NOT talk to police or prosecutors. They almost always already know the answers to the questions they intend to ask and are just looking to catch you in a lie." Most cops will offer the same advice (at least to those they are close to).

Wait until they actually file charges, so you can see what they have on you.

Which is fine if you are Joe Average Citizen. Don't want to cooperate with law enforcement? Ok...

Less fine if you are the President of the country whose sworn duty involves upholding the laws of the nation.

If a detective investigating a murder calls some guy off the street into interrogation them calling for their lawyer and being reluctant to start talking is one thing.

If that detective calls the captain of his precinct over with "hey Captain can I ask you something about this?" and the police captain responds with "I ain't saying nothing without my lawyer! And I plead the fifth!" you have a big freaking problem.
Post by zyffyr   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:50 pm

zyffyr
Lieutenant Commander

gcomeau wrote:If that detective calls the captain of his precinct over with "hey Captain can I ask you something about this?" and the police captain responds with "I ain't saying nothing without my lawyer! And I plead the fifth!" you have a big freaking problem.

If that detective is publicly investigating that captain, he sure as hell should say that. To do otherwise would be abject stupidity.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:55 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

zyffyr wrote:
gcomeau wrote:If that detective calls the captain of his precinct over with "hey Captain can I ask you something about this?" and the police captain responds with "I ain't saying nothing without my lawyer! And I plead the fifth!" you have a big freaking problem.

If that detective is publicly investigating that captain, he sure as hell should say that. To do otherwise would be abject stupidity.

It would also be grounds for removing that Captain from leadership of that precinct or active duty of any kind until the investigation was completed because someone refusing to cooperate with law enforcement cannot effectively RUN law enforcement.

And the president is supposed to be the chief law enforcement official of the nation. He swears a whole oath about it and everything.

It's why when certain previous Presidents were asked to talk to Special Counsels they damn well did it.
Post by zyffyr   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:12 pm

zyffyr
Lieutenant Commander

gcomeau wrote:It's why when certain previous Presidents were asked to talk to Special Counsels they damn well did it.

Read this : https://reason.com/archives/2018/02/08/ ... the-feds-a
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:21 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

zyffyr wrote:
gcomeau wrote:It's why when certain previous Presidents were asked to talk to Special Counsels they damn well did it.

Read this : https://reason.com/archives/2018/02/08/ ... the-feds-a

Ok, read it. Introduced no new information... so not sure why I was asked to read it, but whatever.

White spoke ONLY in terms of "advice I would give as a lawyer if he were my client".

I think we established pretty firmly any lawyer would give that advice to Trump if he was their client, because he will DEFINITELY commit a felony if they put him in front of Mueller and he starts lying his ass off as everyone knows he will.

That doesn't change the fact that the President of the United States refusing to cooperate with a law enforcement action is a serious damn problem.

Return to Politics