Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Joat42   » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:29 am

Joat42
Admiral

pappilon wrote:..snip..
Again, why go through the trouble of dissembling, fabricating, omitting what is "just business as usual?"

Because that's how they usually do business and the rules only apply to the little people.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by pappilon   » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:27 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
pappilon wrote:..snip..
Again, why go through the trouble of dissembling, fabricating, omitting what is "just business as usual?"

Because that's how they usually do business and the rules only apply to the little people.

Referring to Trump's administration or all administrations in general? There is business as usual and there is pushing business as usual into the theatre of the absurd. which seems to be the forte of the trump Administration.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:28 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Well it appears Flynn's lawyers have:

1: Informed White House counsel they can no longer communicate with them about matters under investigation.

2: Met with Mueller's team.

There is rampant speculation among the legal community that that could indicate Flynn is cutting a deal, which would require them to stop information sharing or strategizing with subjects still under investigation.

It is very unlikely Mueller gives Flynn a deal unless Flynn gives him someone bigger.

The list of people bigger than the recent National Security Adviser to the President is very short.
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:23 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:The list of people bigger than the recent National Security Adviser to the President is very short.

If you look at the list, you can see...
oh.
This... could be very interesting...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:14 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Ok, Flynn is pleading guilty to "knowingly and willingly making false statements about his Russia contacts to the FBI". But remember, there WERE NO RUSSIA CONTACTS IT'S ALL FAKE NEWS NOTHINGBURGER!!!!!

That charge carries a potential 5yr prison sentence.

That being the only thing he is being charged with (at least so far... publicly...) strongly suggests he flipped and made a deal considering what is already known about Flynn's activities and what Mueller could have got him on... and if he did flip there had to be someone he could flip on Mueller wanted more. If he did make a deal expect the recommended sentence to be pretty damn light, how light depending on how valuable the deal was.

Countdown to Flynn being "just some guy who got us coffee around the White House and really we hardly even know that guy..." begins now.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:13 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:Countdown to Flynn being "just some guy who got us coffee around the White House and really we hardly even know that guy..." begins now.

Well that took a whole hour. Is there anything more predictable than the Trump administration?

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washing ... story.html

"Trump’s lawyer, Ty Cobb, downplayed Flynn’s role in the administration in his statement, pointing out that he was “at the White House for 25 days during the Trump Administration, and a former Obama administration official.”"

1. Obama fired him.
2. Obama *warned Trump* against hiring him.
3. Trump made him the NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISOR and the reason that only lasted 25 days is because that's how long it took him to GET CAUGHT.

FFS these people...
Post by Michael Everett   » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:06 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:1. Obama fired him.
3. Trump made him the NATIONAL SECURITY ADVISOR and the reason that only lasted 25 days is because that's how long it took him to GET CAUGHT.

Bolding mine.
Bets on Trump originally choosing him for that role specifically because Obama warned him against it?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:35 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
gcomeau wrote:1. Obama fired him.

Bolding mine.
Bets on Trump originally choosing him for that role specifically because Obama warned him against it?

That was undoubtedly the cherry on top for Trump. "HeeHeeHee Obama doesn't want me to do it and I'm doing it!"

Because that is the level of juvenile idiocy we now have running the United States.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:45 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

And the consensus now is that when Mueller called Kushner in to testify last week it was a trap to catch him making false statements about stuff Flynn had already given up as part of his plea negotiations and Kushner is probably next on the block...

This is an immensely gratifying day so far...
Post by ksandgren   » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:23 pm

ksandgren
Captain (Junior Grade)

gcomeau wrote:And the consensus now is that when Mueller called Kushner in to testify last week it was a trap to catch him making false statements about stuff Flynn had already given up as part of his plea negotiations and Kushner is probably next on the block...

This is an immensely gratifying day so far...

But the Liar in Chief still owns the Oval Office. Lock ém all up!

Return to Politics