Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Annachie   » Wed May 10, 2017 5:20 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -amendment

A threat that was taken seriously enough that the Secrer Service had words with him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Daryl   » Thu May 11, 2017 3:19 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I hope that they are personally ok, but there used to be quite a few really hard right people on this panel, who did argue vehemently that armed insurrection was morally right if you didn't agree with the government. Disagreed with them, but don't wish them ill. Nameless Fly was banned, then I interceded to get him back where he immediately attacked me on this topic, Pokermind is a good person, but he expressed similar views. Can't quite remember the others but it was probably the dominate opinion here at one time.
Post by cthia   » Thu May 11, 2017 3:33 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/09/trump-gun-owners-clinton-judges-second-amendment

A threat that was taken seriously enough that the Secrer Service had words with him.

Thing is, if the threat is ever carried out, his ass is grass and her survivors are the lawn mowers.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Annachie   » Thu May 11, 2017 6:02 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

True.

It boils down to something I've said about him.

He doesn't speach, he orrates.

You give him a vague set of points and hope like hell he hits them while every body else hangs on for the ride.
Problem is that you get a lot of cringe worthy stuff that I'm not sure he ever meant to say.

The Presidents tweets are similar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by The E   » Fri May 12, 2017 11:27 am

The E
Admiral

So Trump just admitted to firing Comey in an effort to end an investigation.

That's a pretty clear-cut case of obstruction of justice. I wonder when those conservatives PeterZ seems to believe in, those whose only interest is in upholding the US Constitution, will start impeachment proceedings.
Post by smr   » Fri May 12, 2017 12:45 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Please show proof of your claim! Just for your info...this issue has been dead for while except by the media! So please quit your hysterical nonsense! By the way, at anytime the President can fire the Director of the FBI or any US attorney! So The E, here I thought a great scientist such as yourself believed in factual evidence devoid of emotion!

The E wrote:So Trump just admitted to firing Comey in an effort to end an investigation.

That's a pretty clear-cut case of obstruction of justice. I wonder when those conservatives PeterZ seems to believe in, those whose only interest is in upholding the US Constitution, will start impeachment proceedings.
Post by The E   » Fri May 12, 2017 1:28 pm

The E
Admiral

smr wrote:Please show proof of your claim! Just for your info...this issue has been dead for while except by the media! So please quit your hysterical nonsense! By the way, at anytime the President can fire the Director of the FBI or any US attorney! So The E, here I thought a great scientist such as yourself believed in factual evidence devoid of emotion!

The E wrote:So Trump just admitted to firing Comey in an effort to end an investigation.

Here's a CNN.com article on the subject. In an NBC Interview, Trump made the following statement: “And, in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, ‘You know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won.’”

This indicates that the Russia investigation was a factor in his decision to fire Comey and that he made up his mind before the AG and Assistant AG made their recommendations.

No matter what this investigation was going to uncover, whether it exonerates Trump or whether it finds evidence of wrongdoing, citing it as part of the reason for the firing can very easily be seen as an attempt to interfere with it, which is something no President, not even Nixon, has ever done.

This isn't "hysterical nonsense". This is Trump doing things that are utterly baffling and quite outside what one would consider normal business. This is an administration that contradicts itself on rather fundamental matters within days.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri May 12, 2017 1:46 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Please show proof of your claim! Just for your info...this issue has been dead for while except by the media! So please quit your hysterical nonsense!

The fact that you think this has been "dead for a while" only tells us how limited and selective your news sources are.

FFS, there were reports of the issuance of Grand Jury subpoenas 2 days ago.

By the way, at anytime the President can fire the Director of the FBI or any US attorney!

Yep, just like Nixon could.

Doesn't mean he SHOULD have while having it being clearly motivated by a desire to obstruct an investigation into his own conduct.
Post by smr   » Fri May 12, 2017 3:07 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Where is your factual evidence not an article from a talking head, reporter, or blogger. The facts that would allow any sitting US attorney to bring charges in a court of law. I am talking about the legal standards that would allow charges to be filed.
Post by noblehunter   » Fri May 12, 2017 3:15 pm

noblehunter
Captain (Junior Grade)

smr wrote:Where is your factual evidence not an article from a talking head, reporter, or blogger. The facts that would allow any sitting US attorney to bring charges in a court of law. I am talking about the legal standards that would allow charges to be filed.

He's the President, the only applicable court is the House of Representatives. The standard there is decided different from a court of law.

Return to Politics