Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 18 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by zyffyr   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:58 pm

zyffyr
Lieutenant Commander

jchilds wrote:But would VP Pence necessarily become President if Trump is impeached, smr?

If the Democrats have the votes to impeach Trump, they can likely also manage the votes to impeach Pence, if he's able to be implicated in what's alleged to be going on(VPs are also impeachable, are they not?). In that case, the Presidency would then go to the Speaker of the House, IIRC. Who would likely be a Democrat in this scenario?

At the moment, there is sufficient public support that they can get away with removing Trump if they can scrape up the votes.

Pence, on the other hand, currently has nothing public against him. Without some MAJOR revelations in the very near future, any attempt by the Dems to boot him as well will essentially eliminate the Dems as a meaningful political party on the national level for the next 10 to 20 years. Their base would love it. The middle, on the other hand, will see it as nothing but a blatant underhanded purely partisan move. Piss that group off and you stop winning elections.

If we were at all likely to see such revelations, it is all but guaranteed that there would be hints floating around. Leaks are just to popular for something like that to stay quiet.

Additionally, if the Dems take control of the Senate in the November election you can expect the Repubs to do the impeachment themselves in late NOV/early DEC. That will allow them to pick the new VP before the new congress is seated - I am 99% sure they already have someone in mind. In that case, even if they can make a case to boot Pence, just how will they justify impeachment #3 to get their guy to the top spot?
Post by Daryl   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:01 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. If Hilary had done something illegal I'm sure that having a Republican President, Congress and Senate in charge would have meant a conviction by now. All the pullable strings are on the other side.
It's supremely ironic that the people who invented the term "fake news" are the main producers of it.
Post by smr   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:32 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

If Hilary was the only target I would agree but their is much more to the story.

Daryl wrote:The proof of the pudding is in the eating. If Hilary had done something illegal I'm sure that having a Republican President, Congress and Senate in charge would have meant a conviction by now. All the pullable strings are on the other side.
It's supremely ironic that the people who invented the term "fake news" are the main producers of it.
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:52 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:If Hilary was the only target I would agree but their is much more to the story.

Yeah we haven't even gotten to the Illiminati and the Lizard people that were really responsible for Benghazi that Clinton and Obama covered up with the help of John McCain but Trump the Reality Television star who is really George Washington's resurrected clone is going to SAVE AMERICA from all of them!!!!

:roll:
Post by smr   » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:25 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Next your going to be dead JFK jr. who faked his own death. Well I want a DNA before confirmation.

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:If Hilary was the only target I would agree but their is much more to the story.

Yeah we haven't even gotten to the Illiminati and the Lizard people that were really responsible for Benghazi that Clinton and Obama covered up with the help of John McCain but Trump the Reality Television star who is really George Washington's resurrected clone is going to SAVE AMERICA from all of them!!!!

:roll:
Post by Annachie   » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:49 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Well, Manafort has now taken a deal.[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180914/2b671a5989f6edde25377c4b2c53ff29.jpg[/img]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Daryl   » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:18 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I have this vision of Trump in shackles being led from the dock, raising his hands above his head and declaring the GREATEST, BIGGEST victory in his trial.
Post by smr   » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:26 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Can I laugh at you if it does not come true? :lol: Are you giving me odds in a friendly bet? $100 to the Red Cross donated by the loser of the bet? What time frame are we talking about? So what exactly are you predicting?

Daryl wrote:I have this vision of Trump in shackles being led from the dock, raising his hands above his head and declaring the GREATEST, BIGGEST victory in his trial.
Post by Daryl   » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:43 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Only a fool would take that bet, as anything could happen, so why take a 50/50 bet when there are multiple outcomes? It is a joke and a possible prediction.
I fully admit that I despise Trump after seeing him on direct TV a number of times. Commentators about him confirm my low opinion, however he is your problem not mine.
Post by smr   » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:35 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Daryl, I figure a friendly wager that would benefit charity. A wager that can be written off on taxes because the stakes are tax deductible charity contribution. It's the art of the deal...ask for the moon and negoiate down from their. :P Can you blame a fellow for trying for odds. So what odds are your giving me under what conditions?

Daryl wrote:Only a fool would take that bet, as anything could happen, so why take a 50/50 bet when there are multiple outcomes? It is a joke and a possible prediction.
I fully admit that I despise Trump after seeing him on direct TV a number of times. Commentators about him confirm my low opinion, however he is your problem not mine.

Return to Politics