Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Starsaber   » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:14 pm

Starsaber
Captain (Junior Grade)

biochem wrote:
Do I have to point you at the posting history of every Trump supporter on this forum during the 2016 election, with regard to Clinton? How many admitted Trump was not a good choice.... BUT CLINTON!!!!! OMG!!!! WE HATE HER SO MUCH!!!!

An actual election is a binary choice. Clinton would have put in place any number of horrible policies (at least horrible from a Republican point of view). Plus, her corruption would have worsened the swamp problem in DC. As is often the case one must vote for the best of the two.

The place to really impact selection is in the primaries. That is where true choice exists and I don't know of a single poster who voted for Trump in the primary.

Well, there were other candidates, but the one thing Republicans and Democrats agree on is minimizing the credibility of other parties.

And the best way to start with the primaries is getting rid of closed primaries so that we're less likely to end up with candidates who play to the extremes are less likely to make it to the general elections.
Post by biochem   » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:24 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Syria is complex. If you are going to do it do it right. The biggest complaint re Obama's Syria strike was that the politicians were tying the hands of the military with overly restrictive operational control. Trump basically handed the whole thing over to Mattis and said do what you want. And kept civilian paws out of it. Obama (and for that matter Bush) should learn from that. The Republican shift in many ways reflects a trust of the military above politicians. (Republican support reflects more trust in Mattis than trust in Trump). Republicans also want out but not out as losers. They feel Mattis will finish it and will finish it quickly. Which is a big improvement of Bush/Obama endless war. Support will drop back down if Mattis is not successful. Individual incidents like the chemical weapons retaliation are seen as part of the larger war.
Post by Annachie   » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:36 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Except Biochem, history shows that President Trump has fiddled with the Syria campaign far more that the Obama administration did in a similar time frame.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:01 am

gcomeau
Admiral

So when Nunes writes a memo blabbing about highly classified FISA warrant application details as part of a baseless accusation of FISA abuses in a document that didn't contain evidence of a SINGLE actual abuse of the FISA system... Trump ignores the FBI and DOJ severe warnings against releasing it, is caught on a hot Mic at the SOTU declaring it will be 100% released before he has even been given it for review, and once it is given to him he waves it through unaltered over FBI and DOJ objections. TRANSPARENCY!!!!!

Now the Schiff memo, which debunks the Nunes memo... suddenly Trump is extremely mindfully concerned about letting the public have access to sensitive classified information... about the exact same warrant application he blew those concerns off about last week. And he's blocking the memo release.

Eventually, by some means or other, that memo is getting out. They assured that when they published Nunes's crayon crafted conspiracy theory. And I think we all know Trump doesn't want people finding out what it says.

In the meantime, while the rebuttal to the Nunes memo stays suppressed certain right wing media outlets are still pushing the discredited accusations Nunes made as cause to fire Rosenstien. Which would push control of the Mueller investigation to Rachel Brand....

Who just resigned.

Which makes next in line... Solicitor General Francisco. A hard Trump partisan. Who we can probably expect would promptly try to kill the investigation for Trump. A blatant act of obstruction of justice that there would appear to be no way to go after if it happens with a complicit Attorney General and GOP Congress.
Post by Daryl   » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:28 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Interesting in that returned Australian pilots were somewhat appalled about the operational rules the US pilots operated on for years. Our folk had a no go if there was any evidence of potential civilian fatalities, the US were much looser. So if the rules of engagement have since been loosened many innocent people will die. I know that the Russians are worse again.

biochem wrote:Syria is complex. If you are going to do it do it right. The biggest complaint re Obama's Syria strike was that the politicians were tying the hands of the military with overly restrictive operational control. Trump basically handed the whole thing over to Mattis and said do what you want. And kept civilian paws out of it. Obama (and for that matter Bush) should learn from that. The Republican shift in many ways reflects a trust of the military above politicians. (Republican support reflects more trust in Mattis than trust in Trump). Republicans also want out but not out as losers. They feel Mattis will finish it and will finish it quickly. Which is a big improvement of Bush/Obama endless war. Support will drop back down if Mattis is not successful. Individual incidents like the chemical weapons retaliation are seen as part of the larger war.
Post by Joat42   » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:53 am

Joat42
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:So when Nunes writes a memo blabbing about highly classified FISA warrant application details as part of a baseless accusation of FISA abuses in a document that didn't contain evidence of a SINGLE actual abuse of the FISA system... Trump ignores the FBI and DOJ severe warnings against releasing it, is caught on a hot Mic at the SOTU declaring it will be 100% released before he has even been given it for review, and once it is given to him he waves it through unaltered over FBI and DOJ objections. TRANSPARENCY!!!!!
..snip..

There is one very serious consequence because of the release of the Nunes memo. Because of Nunes retarded memo and the release of it, it has proven that sensitive and classified information can and will be released to the public to score cheap political points.

Worse, the intelligence oversight committee will henceforth be considered not trustworthy and partisan by the intelligence community.

For you people not understanding that this is bad, let me explain: Do you think the FBI, NSA and et al are going to be playing nice with the committee after this? Not a chance, they will try to hide what information they are gathering and NOW when accused of intelligence abuses they can just point at the committee and Nunes memo and say it's just stupid conspiracy theories or politically motivated to stop a legitimate investigation.

This means that spying on american citizens just became even more easy without any sort of consequences. Good job...

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by cthia   » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:45 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Has anyone read any of Michael Wolff's book Fire and Fury?

I've read a few pages and it promises to be a doozy.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:05 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Joat42 wrote:Worse, the intelligence oversight committee will henceforth be considered not trustworthy and partisan by the intelligence community.

So... the Intelligence Agencies will have a quiet meeting about how they all want to protect their country but cannot risk letting the oversight committee get wind of what they're doing since the morons meant to be in charge would use it as political ammo regardless of the cost in terms of local operatives who were just outed...

Why am I seeing the founding of an organisation similar to Kingsman/Statesman as a sudden possibility?
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Joat42   » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
Joat42 wrote:Worse, the intelligence oversight committee will henceforth be considered not trustworthy and partisan by the intelligence community.

So... the Intelligence Agencies will have a quiet meeting about how they all want to protect their country but cannot risk letting the oversight committee get wind of what they're doing since the morons meant to be in charge would use it as political ammo regardless of the cost in terms of local operatives who were just outed...

Why am I seeing the founding of an organisation similar to Kingsman/Statesman as a sudden possibility?

There's a huge difference between having the good of the country vs having the good of the agency as a primary goal...

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Michael Everett   » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:44 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Joat42 wrote:There's a huge difference between having the good of the country vs having the good of the agency as a primary goal...

You're quite right. It's just like having the good of the country vs the good of the political party as a primary goal. Surely no-one would be so moronic as to...
oh.
um.
Last edited by Michael Everett on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995

Return to Politics