Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by gcomeau   » Fri May 12, 2017 3:17 pm

gcomeau
Commodore

Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 pm

smr wrote:Where is your factual evidence not an article from a talking head, reporter, or blogger. The facts that would allow any sitting US attorney to bring charges in a court of law. I am talking about the legal standards that would allow charges to be filed.


You do understand they don't release those facts while the investigation is still happening right?

As in, it's not dead... so they don't just publish that stuff for the public. There is an entire task force at the FBI still pursuing this investigation FFS.
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by The E   » Fri May 12, 2017 4:41 pm

The E
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1542
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 1:28 pm
Location: Paderborn, Germany

smr wrote:Where is your factual evidence not an article from a talking head, reporter, or blogger. The facts that would allow any sitting US attorney to bring charges in a court of law. I am talking about the legal standards that would allow charges to be filed.


I am not a lawyer, nor an investigator, nor even an american for that matter. I am just a commentator on the internet with no authority whatsoever, but a strong wish that you americans would start to get your shit together before you're doing something that impacts the rest of the world. All I can say is that, with the number of scandals big and small Trump is amassing by the week, it is baffling to me why there aren't any congressional hearings, any investigative committees being convened with the intent to bring impeachment charges. US conservatives spent months and years on trying to make absolutely sure that Hillary Clinton would get justice after what is, in essence, a failure in public communication, yet these guardians of proper governmental procedure and transparency are silent when Trump does his best to turn the US into a chickenshit dictatorship. Hell, there are rumours that Trump tried to get Comey to affirm his personal loyalty to Trump (something that Comey, knowing that the US doesn't do personal loyalty to the person of the President, declined to do).

This is the guy you want to defend? This moron who spends time other presidents use to work golfing, and yet doesn't grasp why he can't get his big ticket items done?
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Daryl   » Fri May 12, 2017 6:36 pm

Daryl
Admiral

Posts: 2175
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:57 am
Location: Queensland Australia

They spent millions trying to nail Bill Clinton over the Monica scandal, and the rest of the world said, so what, that's nothing to do with his fitness to govern. Then they spent millions (led by Trump) trying to prove that Obama wasn't born in America, and the rest of the world found it strange that a nation built by immigrants had such an archaic law that made no sense anyway.
Now there is clear evidence of actual incompetence that indicates big trouble for the country ahead, and nothing is being done? People say Australians are weird, but we're amateurs compared to the US.
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by cthia   » Fri May 12, 2017 6:47 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Posts: 7604
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:10 pm

Daryl wrote:They spent millions trying to nail Bill Clinton over the Monica scandal, and the rest of the world said, so what, that's nothing to do with his fitness to govern. Then they spent millions (led by Trump) trying to prove that Obama wasn't born in America, and the rest of the world found it strange that a nation built by immigrants had such an archaic law that made no sense anyway.
Now there is clear evidence of actual incompetence that indicates big trouble for the country ahead, and nothing is being done? People say Australians are weird, but we're amateurs compared to the US.

:lol:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Annachie   » Sat May 13, 2017 2:51 am

Annachie
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

Smr. Ptesident Trump actually saying that the "Russia investigation" was part of his thinking when he fired Comey is not factual evidence of possible obstruction of justice with regard to the Russia investigation?

Seriously??

What would be factual evidence?

What about in the firing of Bharara?
Surely firing someone who was investigating Trump administration officials for corruption after the President offered to keep him on also smacks of obstruction.
Someone whose biggest scalps for corruption were Democrats I might mention.

Surely firing Sally Yates while she was investigating Trump administration officials for corruption is possible obstruction?



You know what they say.
Once is happenance.
Twice is coincidence.
Three times ...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by The E   » Sat May 13, 2017 4:31 am

The E
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1542
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 1:28 pm
Location: Paderborn, Germany

Annachie wrote:You know what they say.
Once is happenance.
Twice is coincidence.
Three times ...


Three times is perfectly normal and there's nothing to see here, you liberal communist traitor to the american cause. [/sarcasm]
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Tenshinai   » Sun May 14, 2017 12:27 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

Posts: 2859
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: Sweden

Annachie wrote:Smr. Ptesident Trump actually saying that the "Russia investigation" was part of his thinking when he fired Comey is not factual evidence of possible obstruction of justice with regard to the Russia investigation?

Seriously??

What would be factual evidence?

What about in the firing of Bharara?
Surely firing someone who was investigating Trump administration officials for corruption after the President offered to keep him on also smacks of obstruction.
Someone whose biggest scalps for corruption were Democrats I might mention.

Surely firing Sally Yates while she was investigating Trump administration officials for corruption is possible obstruction?



You know what they say.
Once is happenance.
Twice is coincidence.
Three times ...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk



There´s an article in Time that gives some interesting insights into how Trump works, oh right, found it:
http://time.com/donald-trump-after-hours/

Try reading it, you might find some of it enlightening.


Then go back and figure out how you could miss the really superb job of character assassination the article does on him.


Thing to remember about Trump is that he is NOT a politician. He runs the presidential position like he would run just another corporate CEO position.
In short, he simply does not do things the "proper" way, and then he´s confused when people interpret his actions based on what we would expect from a politician.

Not saying whether that firing was suspect or not, because it could be either way, as it goes perfectly along with his personality and "leadership" style either way.
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Annachie   » Sun May 14, 2017 8:27 pm

Annachie
Vice Admiral

Posts: 1560
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:36 pm

The Presidents actions regarding Yates and Bharara would raise red flags in the business world too.

Big ones.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by ksandgren   » Sun May 14, 2017 11:33 pm

ksandgren
Captain (Junior Grade)

Posts: 290
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:54 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

This opinion piece is a good one to one sum up my opinion of Putin's pet.

www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-05 ... iancy-down
Top
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by gcomeau   » Mon May 15, 2017 11:47 am

gcomeau
Commodore

Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 pm

Tenshinai wrote:There´s an article in Time that gives some interesting insights into how Trump works, oh right, found it:
http://time.com/donald-trump-after-hours/

Try reading it, you might find some of it enlightening.


Then go back and figure out how you could miss the really superb job of character assassination the article does on him.


Thing to remember about Trump is that he is NOT a politician. He runs the presidential position like he would run just another corporate CEO position.


Pretty sure if a CEO fired an internal auditor after the internal auditor reported they were investigating possible misconduct by the CEO that would be an issue too.

There is no excusing the crap Trump pulls by simply saying "oh he's a businessman not a politician".
Top

Return to Politics