Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by smr   » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:24 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Can we have discussions without cursing Gcomeau we are adults not animals act like a man regardless of political affiliation. I am asking you remove picture with cursing in the picture. We are better than that! You are fairly eloquent to put that to work or just take some time out and enjoy life!
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:31 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Can we have discussions without cursing Gcomeau we are adults not animals act like a man regardless of political affiliation. I am asking you remove picture with cursing in the picture.

Umm... no. I am hardly gratuitous in my use of language but the occasional expletive is entirely appropriate and called for given the subject matter we are dealing with.
Post by smr   » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:43 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

This board is a privilege not a right. This forum can be taken from all of us and that would be a shame. We argue, get mad, and discuss but we should maintain civilized behavior towards each other and the topic we are discussing. I hope other forum posters will echo this sediment and express their displeasure with this turn of events.

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:Can we have discussions without cursing Gcomeau we are adults not animals act like a man regardless of political affiliation. I am asking you remove picture with cursing in the picture.

Umm... no. I am hardly gratuitous in my use of language but the occasional expletive is entirely appropriate and called for given the subject matter we are dealing with.
Post by Joat42   » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:04 pm

Joat42
Admiral

smr wrote:This board is a privilege not a right.This forum can be taken from all of us and that would be a shame. We argue, get mad, and discuss but we should maintain civilized behavior towards each other and the topic we are discussing. I hope other forum posters will echo this sediment and express their displeasure with this turn of events.

Sometimes expletives will be used in a context the poster finds fitting, you don't have to like it but the moderation rules for the Politics sub-forum are a bit more relaxed than for the rest of the forum.
duckk wrote:Politics Subforum Rules Addendum

Seeing how political topics inevitably gets heated, I have created the Politics subforum for explicitly discussing real world topics. Rules regarding flaming and language are relaxed, HOWEVER any racial, ethnic, homophobic, sexist, etc. slurs and epithets are still considered improper and grounds for moderation. The Management takes no responsibility for the views espoused in this forum and any arguments that may result.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:11 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:This board is a privilege not a right. This forum can be taken from all of us and that would be a shame. We argue, get mad, and discuss but we should maintain civilized behavior towards each other and the topic we are discussing. I hope other forum posters will echo this sediment and express their displeasure with this turn of events.

Turn of events???

In case you hadn't noticed, occasional cursing isn't even against the forum rules *outside* the politics forum, let alone inside it. And the use of the occasional expletive is hardly some kind of new development.

So spare us the sudden development of outrage and concern.

Welcome to the Forum Rules! As your Forum God - err, I mean Moderator - it's my job to keep some semblance of order here on Mr. Weber's forums. So I need you to help me do as little work as possible. =)

Many of these rules are common sense, but it's probably good to have it out in the open so people know what I am looking for when I review reported posts. So without further ado:

1. General

Language
- While Mr. Weber writes wonderful fiction for adults, his work has been read by a wide age range of people. I expect people to keep the language used on the forums PG-13 (or whatever the equivalent is in your country). In other words, cursing is allowed if you think it is appropriate; gratuitous/excessive cursing is not.
- It is NEVER appropriate to use racial or sexual slurs, offensive derogatory terms, etc.
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:23 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:This board is a privilege not a right. This forum can be taken from all of us and that would be a shame. We argue, get mad, and discuss but we should maintain civilized behavior towards each other and the topic we are discussing. I hope other forum posters will echo this sediment and express their displeasure with this turn of events.

Turn of events???

In case you hadn't noticed, occasional cursing isn't even against the forum rules *outside* the politics forum, let alone inside it. And the use of the occasional expletive is hardly some kind of new development.

So spare us the sudden development of outrage and concern.

Welcome to the Forum Rules! As your Forum God - err, I mean Moderator - it's my job to keep some semblance of order here on Mr. Weber's forums. So I need you to help me do as little work as possible. =)

Many of these rules are common sense, but it's probably good to have it out in the open so people know what I am looking for when I review reported posts. So without further ado:

1. General

Language
- While Mr. Weber writes wonderful fiction for adults, his work has been read by a wide age range of people. I expect people to keep the language used on the forums PG-13 (or whatever the equivalent is in your country). In other words, cursing is allowed if you think it is appropriate; gratuitous/excessive cursing is not.
- It is NEVER appropriate to use racial or sexual slurs, offensive derogatory terms, etc.

Well I have found that a Racial or
Sexual slur at just the right moment can evoke the response You want Just look at CNN or MSNBC

Nimitz
Post by Joat42   » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:00 pm

Joat42
Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote:Well I have found that a Racial or
Sexual slur at just the right moment can evoke the response You want Just look at CNN or MSNBC

Nimitz

Or Trump...

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:10 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

Joat42 wrote:
Nimitz1923PD wrote:Well I have found that a Racial or

Nimitz

Or Trump...

:lol: Trump does give them troll bait to snap at :lol:

Nimitz
Post by Annachie   » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:53 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Nimitz1923PD wrote:

Nimitz

I think the one thing we can all agree on is that Trump does no baiting.

He speaks purely what is on his mind.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Nimitz1923PD   » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:57 pm

Nimitz1923PD
Commander

Annachie wrote:
Nimitz1923PD wrote:

Nimitz

I think the one thing we can all agree on is that Trump does no baiting.

He speaks purely what is on his mind.

We will have to disagree on this point - Trump has gained the rank of

"Troll Master"

Nimitz

Return to Politics