Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:16 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Wherefore art thou impeachment?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by smr   » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:34 am

smr
Vice Admiral

cthia wrote:Wherefore art thou impeachment?

I am sure that's coming along with endless investigations from the House.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:09 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Joat42 wrote:So you are saying that in no way is the USA in the slightest at fault?

Yes, greedy bastards in the US have meddled in those countries. They should be prosecuted and punished. BUT — if those countries weren’t corrupt shitholes to begin with, there wouldn’t have been such fertile ground for the greedy bastards to meddle in. We could rid them of their corrupt ‘leaders’ but they would hate us for it, and the next lot to take over would be just as bad.

Those countries have been corrupt shitholes for decades, even generations. The law there is made to keep the corrupt elites in power, so it just makes sense to ignore the law whenever you can get away with it. Of course, that turns the country into an even bigger shithole, so those not part of the corrupt elites want to escape. They want to come here, but they don’t leave the attitudes and behaviors learned from a life spent in those dysfunctional shitholes behind.

They don’t join our society. They gather in barrios, and make them just like the shitholes they ran away from, and blame us because their lives didn’t magically get better when they took their dysfunctional behaviors to a different place. Tell them that they have to change those behaviors if they want their lives to get better and you’re a RACIST!

Dilandu wrote:most of those countries prefer to be loyal friend to US.

Here in San Diego we know exactly what ‘esteem’ those ‘southern neighbors’ have for us.

Mexico has been literally shitting on us for fifty years. They throw their shit in the Tijuana River, it flushes across our border, into our country, dumps into the ocean, and contaminates our beaches. Every time it rains twenty miles of our beaches have to be closed for a week or more because they’re covered with mexican shit.

They have consistently refused to do anything about it for all that time. They literally don’t give a shit because they can dump their problem on us. They expect that we will eventually get disgusted enough to spend billions of dollars building a treatment plant IN OUR COUNTRY to clean up THEIR SHIT.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:49 am

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:
cthia wrote:Wherefore art thou impeachment?

I am sure that's coming along with endless investigations from the House.

Investigations certainly, oversight being the job of congress. something the Republicans completely ignored the last 2 years.

Impeachment? That still takes Senate approval as well. And frankly at this point the GOP is so far gone that I suspect Mueller could come back with ironclad proof that Trump was actually a robot being controlled from a secret room in Putin's basement and they still wouldn't vote to impeach while making public admiring declarations about Trump's really really great lifelike workmanship.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:26 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

So, damn near Trump's first act after the midterms was to fire Sessions then issue threats over Congressional investigations into Trump.

Sheesh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:54 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Annachie wrote:So, damn near Trump's first act after the midterms was to fire Sessions then issue threats over Congressional investigations into Trump.

Sheesh.

He only has one mode... chest beating blustering guilty criminal. He doesn't know how to act like anything else.

The next 2 months are going to be dangerous. He's clearly panicked.

edit: Aaaaand.... to display how panicked, instead of making the deputy AG the acting AG as he was supposed to, he bypassed him and instead appointed someone who is on the record as opposing the Mueller probe.

Which is going to immediately set off ANOTHER obstruction of justice confrontation if he doesn't recuse himself from that probe.

My guess? His next panic stricken move would be to fire Rosenstein too, making the Saturday Night Massacre comparisons inescapable.
Post by Senior Chief   » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:48 pm

Senior Chief
Commander

Imaginos1892 wrote:
Joat42 wrote:So you are saying that in no way is the USA in the slightest at fault?

Here in San Diego we know exactly what ‘esteem’ those ‘southern neighbors’ have for us.

Mexico has been literally shitting on us for fifty years. They throw their shit in the Tijuana River, it flushes across our border, into our country, dumps into the ocean, and contaminates our beaches. Every time it rains twenty miles of our beaches have to be closed for a week or more because they’re covered with mexican shit.

They have consistently refused to do anything about it for all that time. They literally don’t give a shit because they can dump their problem on us. They expect that we will eventually get disgusted enough to spend billions of dollars building a treatment plant IN OUR COUNTRY to clean up THEIR SHIT.[/quote]

Total agreement, I live in San Diego as well.
Post by edgeworthy   » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:45 pm

edgeworthy
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

I'm just wondering what is the position if the President is convicted of a crime by one of the states?
(Most probably something related to Tax Evasion in New York ... no one is above the law!)
Surely if the Chief Executive is now a convicted felon he can no longer serve, regardless of whether he is impeached.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:14 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

edgeworthy wrote:I'm just wondering what is the position if the President is convicted of a crime by one of the states?
(Most probably something related to Tax Evasion in New York ... no one is above the law!)
Surely if the Chief Executive is now a convicted felon he can no longer serve, regardless of whether he is impeached.
Properly speaking, I suspect that he would have to be impeached before he could be tried. Or be out of office at least.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by ywing14   » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:26 pm

ywing14
Captain (Junior Grade)

Annachie wrote:
edgeworthy wrote:I'm just wondering what is the position if the President is convicted of a crime by one of the states?
Properly speaking, I suspect that he would have to be impeached before he could be tried. Or be out of office at least.

As I understand it it's not specifically stated whether you can arrest a sitting president or not though many people feel it is implied. I agree with Annachie, he'd have to be impeached first.

Return to Politics