Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by biochem   » Tue May 16, 2017 8:49 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
biochem wrote:Everybody willing to put their name to the story claims that it is a flat out lie. Basically Trump and the Russians were having an intelligence sharing meeting regarding our mutual enemy ISIS. The anonomus source(s) claimed that Trump overshared. No one else actually in the meeting agrees with the anonymous source(s) (this assumes the anonymous source(s) was actually in the meeting and not passing on second hand information (or 3rd hand or 4th hand)).

Yeah.... I don't know what news you've been watching (I'm going to guess, reading Brietbart and Infowars?), but Trump copped to the leak this morning on twitter (while trying to make excuses for it and saying he totally meant to do it all along, for humanitarian reasons of all things). Sooo...

Actually I rarely look at either. I usually prefer primary sources.

In this case I prefer trumps Twitter feed in which he simply states that he shared Intel with the Russian vs our mutual enemy ISIS. We've been doing that since the Obama administration and it's frankly standard to share Intel with Frenemies and even enemies in this type of situation. The question is that did he overshare? He does not address that question in the tweets.

The original WP article was not impressive, lots of unnamed sources who are "senior". "Senior" could be anybody and no where does it indicate if the knowledge was first hand or part of the White House rumor mill. WP stories should be taken with a grain of salt since Bezos HATES Trump and has employed editors at the WP who make is very obvious that they hate Trump too.

In Erickson's article he states that the source is a former supporter of Trump and currently works at the White House. He feels justified in leaking rumors since Trump doesn't listen to criticism ( which translates to Trump doesn't listen to MY criticism and/or that of my political friends). Pretty much everybody in the country (except this guy apparently) knows that Trump doesn't take criticism well and know that you have to get one of the inner circle ( often but not exclusively Ivanka) to pass on criticism for you. If he can't work with Trump, he should quit not leak rumors to Trump's enemies.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue May 16, 2017 8:56 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

biochem wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Yeah.... I don't know what news you've been watching (I'm going to guess, reading Brietbart and Infowars?), but Trump copped to the leak this morning on twitter (while trying to make excuses for it and saying he totally meant to do it all along, for humanitarian reasons of all things). Sooo...

Actually I rarely look at either. I usually prefer primary sources.

In this case I prefer trumps Twitter feed in which he simply states that he shared Intel with the Russian vs our mutual enemy ISIS. We've been doing that since the Obama administration and it's frankly standard to share Intel with Frenemies and even enemies in this type of situation. The question is that did he overshare? He does not address that question in the tweets.

The original WP article was not impressive, lots of unnamed sources who are "senior". "Senior" could be anybody and no where does it indicate if the knowledge was first hand or part of the White House rumor mill. WP stories should be taken with a grain of salt since Bezos HATES Trump and has employed editors at the WP who make is very obvious that they hate Trump too.

In Erickson's article he states that the source is a former supporter of Trump and currently works at the White House. He feels justified in leaking rumors since Trump doesn't listen to criticism ( which translates to Trump doesn't listen to MY criticism and/or that of my political friends). Pretty much everybody in the country (except this guy apparently) knows that Trump doesn't take criticism well and know that you have to get one of the inner circle ( often but not exclusively Ivanka) to pass on criticism for you. If he can't work with Trump, he should quit not leak rumors to Trump's enemies.

And since then a multitude of reporting sources, both liberal and conservative, have confirmed the Post's version of events. Up to and including that is is significantly worse than the Post reported but the Post held back the most damaging data to avoid causing National Security issues.

And you may want to take note of how the White House is very carefully NOT actually challenging any of the factual details in the Posts story and is instead engaging in spin about how big a deal it is.

Just face it, this happened. And it's not even surprising, it is 100% consistent with everything we know about Trump.
Post by biochem   » Tue May 16, 2017 10:44 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Actually with a few exceptions most conservatives are writing this off as yet another attempt by Trump's enemies to at best widely exaggerate and at worst create.

From today's news (Erickson is an exception since his friend is involved, it's personal)

Fox

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/05/ ... blown.html

The Federalist

http://thefederalist.com/2017/05/16/tip ... ous-leaks/

Lifezette

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/mcma ... a-meeting/

But realistically we're just in the beginning stages of a breaking news story and as the Federalist article points out, information at this stage is often highly inaccurate. Take a deep breath, calm down and wait a few days (or weeks) and then we'll have a better idea if there is anything genuine about this or if it is another media generated tempest in a teapot.
Post by cthia   » Wed May 17, 2017 1:07 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Jack Welch: Impeachment of Trump would blow the market away

Jack Welch, a former titan of industry who has President Donald Trump's ear, told CNBC on Wednesday that an impeachment would "blow the market away."

Welch also said Trump's firing of James Comey as FBI director was a "rookie mistake."

Welch, formerly CEO of General Electric (GE), told "Squawk Box" he gives the president a "D-minus" on his management of the White House.

The botched Comey firing is an example of Trump's inexperience in running a bureaucracy, the executive chairman of Jack Welch Management Institute said.
Since Trump was so glowing in his praise when he kept the Obama-holdover Comey on after he took office, Trump should have "loved him on the way out" as much as he "loved him on the way in," Welch said.

On the policy front and in his Cabinet and Supreme Court pick, Welch said he would give Trump an "A."

Umm, is that an A for... asshole?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Joat42   » Wed May 17, 2017 2:52 pm

Joat42
Admiral

biochem wrote:Actually with a few exceptions most conservatives are writing this off as yet another attempt by Trump's enemies to at best widely exaggerate and at worst create.

From today's news (Erickson is an exception since his friend is involved, it's personal)

Fox

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/05/ ... blown.html

The Federalist

http://thefederalist.com/2017/05/16/tip ... ous-leaks/

Lifezette

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/mcma ... a-meeting/

But realistically we're just in the beginning stages of a breaking news story and as the Federalist article points out, information at this stage is often highly inaccurate. Take a deep breath, calm down and wait a few days (or weeks) and then we'll have a better idea if there is anything genuine about this or if it is another media generated tempest in a teapot.

Seriously? You are linking to Fox as a source of factual news? I guess the old saying "There's a sucker born every minute" still holds true...

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed May 17, 2017 2:54 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

cthia wrote:
-SNIP-
Welch, formerly CEO of General Electric (GE), told "Squawk Box" he gives the president a "D-minus" on his management of the White House.

-SNIP-

On the policy front and in his Cabinet and Supreme Court pick, Welch said he would give Trump an "A."

Umm, is that an A for... asshole?

Trump seems to live in his own magical world, so that would make the grades Dreadful and Adequate respectively (thanks HP!)
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Annachie   » Wed May 17, 2017 5:31 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Well Gorsuch wasn't picked bt Pres. Trump. So that A doesn't count. (Though at least he listened to Preibus and Pence who probably did the picking)

And foreign Policy is a cluster fuck. Some good (from a conservative POV), but mostly attrocious in how he deals with US allies.

As for the intel, the very very specific non-denial from McMasters (?) the next day kind of confirmed the story.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Wed May 17, 2017 6:41 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

And the pressure from this past week's implosions at the White House finally got to be too much to continue ignoring:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washing ... story.html

Former FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III has been appointed independent special prosecutor to take over the Justice Department investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election and any coordination between Donald Trump's campaign and Russian intelligence.

Deputy Atty. Gen. Rod J. Rosenstein announced the decision after a week of rising political pressure on the Justice Department to ensure the probe remains independent of the White House.
Post by Annachie   » Wed May 17, 2017 11:08 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Wonder why he's never run for office.

Chalk and cheese when compared to the President.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by biochem   » Wed May 17, 2017 11:12 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

gcomeau wrote:And the pressure from this past week's implosions at the White House finally got to be too much to continue ignoring:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washing ... story.html

Former FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III has been appointed independent special prosecutor to take over the Justice Department investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election and any coordination between Donald Trump's campaign and Russian intelligence.

Deputy Atty. Gen. Rod J. Rosenstein announced the decision after a week of rising political pressure on the Justice Department to ensure the probe remains independent of the White House.

You are assuming an outcome before the investigation.

However it will be nice to get some actual facts for a change instead of wild rumors and anatomical accusations.

Return to Politics