Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: NOT! Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by PeterZ   » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:06 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Howard T. Map-addict wrote:Mike Pence is Trump's Impeachment Insurance.
As long as Pence is Heir, Senate Democrats will be *very*
reluctant to vote to convict Trump of an impeachable
offense.

Really. Most of us Democrats believe that Pence would
govern worse than Trump now does.
(Of course, for "worse" read "more of a Republican.")
One obvious example: gay marriage.

As for Congressional Republicans,
they credit Trump with saving the Senate for them,
and maybe even the House. They feel in his debt for that.
Besides, he is doing very much of what they want done.

As for the Enomulents (sic) Clause, it gives Congress the
Constitutional Right to exempt him from it.
They might do just that, or they might keep it "on offer"
to hold over his head, so he won't turn into a Democrat.

HTM

cthia wrote:You misunderstand me. I am not calling for his impeachment, I am simply predicting it.

I hope so. Internal competition between branches of government is sooooooo nice! Keeps them all honest.
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:04 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:I hope so. Internal competition between branches of government is sooooooo nice! Keeps them all honest.

Pre- and during WWII. Japanese Armed Forces.
Due to having to compete for extremely limited resources, the Army and Navy hated each other so much that they actively sabotaged each others projects and were even known to assassinate the other's generals/admirals.

Not something that sounds very honest to me...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:11 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
PeterZ wrote:I hope so. Internal competition between branches of government is sooooooo nice! Keeps them all honest.

Pre- and during WWII. Japanese Armed Forces.
Due to having to compete for extremely limited resources, the Army and Navy hated each other so much that they actively sabotaged each others projects and were even known to assassinate the other's generals/admirals.

Not something that sounds very honest to me...

Different countries different traditions. The US was predicated on co-equal branches of government offsetting excesses in any one branch. Getting back to that would be a good thing for us.
Post by dscott8   » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:10 pm

dscott8
Commodore

offense.

<snip>

The argument that impeaching Trump would bring the horrors of Pence doesn't wash. Pence may be an incompetent zealot, but at least he's sane. Trump is a loose cannon and a huge embarrassment to the nation. He has no ability to consider the consequences of his actions. Based on his years of running a privately held company, he thinks his word is law, so he dodges Congress, trying to rule by executive orders, and does not recognize the judiciary's power and duty to rein in his disregard for the law. He sets policy based on snippets from Breitbart and Infowars, going so far as to dump the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Director of National Intelligence from the Security Council while adding the unqualified and unstable Bannon. Trump is a clueless bully who has surrounded himself with a mix of profiteers, zealots and conspiracy theorists. He is too dangerous to be President.

Pence may have some disagreeable axes to grind, but he can be convinced to acknowledge the rule of law and the system of checks and balances.
Post by cthia   » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:44 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

dscott8 wrote:
offense.

<snip>

The argument that impeaching Trump would bring the horrors of Pence doesn't wash. Pence may be an incompetent zealot, but at least he's sane. Trump is a loose cannon and a huge embarrassment to the nation. He has no ability to consider the consequences of his actions. Based on his years of running a privately held company, he thinks his word is law, so he dodges Congress, trying to rule by executive orders, and does not recognize the judiciary's power and duty to rein in his disregard for the law. He sets policy based on snippets from Breitbart and Infowars, going so far as to dump the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Director of National Intelligence from the Security Council while adding the unqualified and unstable Bannon. Trump is a clueless bully who has surrounded himself with a mix of profiteers, zealots and conspiracy theorists. He is too dangerous to be President.

Pence may have some disagreeable axes to grind, but he can be convinced to acknowledge the rule of law and the system of checks and balances.

"You are wrong there buddy. Simply wrong. Wrong. Wrong."

"I know what checks and balances are. I sign my checks and Ivanka balances my books. Okay!"

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:56 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

cthia wrote:
"You are wrong there buddy. Simply wrong. Wrong. Wrong."

"I know what checks and balances are. I sign my checks and Ivanka balances my books. Okay!"

Fake news! Everyone knows that Jared Kushner balances his books.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Annachie   » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:15 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Trump doesn't dodge congress with the EO's. He dodges the lawyers who might tell him what's wrong with the EO's.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:33 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:Trump doesn't dodge congress with the EO's. He dodges the lawyers who might tell him what's wrong with the EO's.

That's funny and believable if unlikely to be true.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:35 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

They actually admitted to not showing the immugration EO to the OGE or the AG, the two legal departments in the White House whose job it is, in part, is to say if an EO is legal or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:44 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:They actually admitted to not showing the immugration EO to the OGE or the AG, the two legal departments in the White House whose job it is, in part, is to say if an EO is legal or not.

I can see Sally Yates giving an honest opinion. She refused to defend the EO when it was her job was to defend the EO and let the Circuit Court decide on the merits. What makes anyone think her opinion would have been different if an EO worded differently was presented to her limiting travel to those countries?

Return to Politics