Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: EXTRY! EXTRY! IMPEACHMENT IMMINENT!
Post by Eyal   » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:04 am

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

Joat42 wrote:My thinking was that there was a slight chance that some instances of collusion may have been perpetrated by the staff, but on the whole I thought that most probably the Russians just played them like a fiddle.

I doubt Trump even reflected on the whole thing before it blew up since from his viewpoint, making deals (even dirty ones) to take down an opponent is business as usual, no matter whom you are making the deal with.

Well have to see what the complete report says though.

Well, there are a couple of issues about the collusion:

1) Barr's letter defines collusion very narrowly - such that the actions we know Trump or his associates performed (e.g. the Trump Tower meeting) wouldn't fall under it. That doesn't mean they didn't happen.
2) The letter basically says that there were attempts by Russia to assist in the campaign but they were rebuffed. Now, for one thing, IINM the campaign would have been legally required to report this to the FBI, which they didn't do. But there's also the fact that Trump has been adamantly proclaiming for years that there was no Russian interference in the election, or even attempted interference (remember when he said he believed Putin when the latter said they didn't interfere?) Which means that the Trump campaign/administration has been lying to the public on this issue for two or three years now. And I seem to recall conservatives, including on this very forum, arguing that possibly lying to the American people, even if it was only for a couple of days (i.e. Benghazi), was a massive crime worthy of multiple investigations and impeachment...
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:32 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Trump Administration: "There is nothing bad in the Mueller report. Totally exonerates Trump!"

Also Trump Administration: "Nobody may see the report! You may see a summary that Trump's AG (who he appointed to replace the last AG who got fired for not interfering in the investigation) will write, after he lets Trump's own lawyers edit that summary."

And this is just the reminder that REPUBLICANS in Congress voted unanimously for the report to be released, so Graham, Trump's number one stooge in the Senate, blocked it there.

I invite any Trump apologists here to tell us how they would have reacted if the Starr Report on Clinton had been given only to Janet Reno, who then refused to let anyone see it but just wrote a memo saying "Clinton did nothing wrong... nothing to see here..."

And then add in the detail that Reno had been made AG only after Clinton fired the last AG while admitting publicly that the last AG was fired for NOT being willing to meddle with the investigation against the direction of DOJ ethics officials... and Reno was willing to ignore those officials which is what got her the job.

This is how the rule of law dies.
Post by smr   » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:31 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Block Party/Trump Celebration BBQ, fajitas, hot dogs, burgers, and sausage. I broke out the Margarita Machine. We all had a good time while swimming next door. The consensus of the group regardless of political ideology was "Thank God that is is over!" Of course...the police were called by our resident "hermit". The police came and they had fajitas and we promised to shut off the music at 8:00 pm. I have the direct phone number to the local police station. Usually, I give them a heads up because I know who is going to call the police. What's sad is all the police know me and my family because the resident hermit has called them out every time we have a gathering. The HOA does not even listen to her complaints! They just give her a form to fill out for whatever violations she is claiming.

Now back to my gloating! The Big Boss has already assigned a target. Micheal Avennatti has broken the law repeatedly. This target is like low hanging fruit. He's easily accessible and more and likely non violent. One lawbreaker down and many more to come!

Gcomeau
Hah! Hah1 Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah! Hah!
ROFL! Here is your TIN FOIL had to go along with continued Trump conspiracy theories! Dare I say you have won the NEVER TRUMP award and Resist at any cost award. Face the facts, your girl Hilary lost and that just chaps your hide. Please learn to go fishing when the pressure is getting too great! I suspect that bits and pieces are going to be slowly leaked to the media in the coming weeks. We all know that if the Demoncrats had a real evidence, Nancy Pelosi would not conceded that impeaching Trump is not going to happen. Where is the hard evidence that Adam Schiff claimed he saw on Trump collusion. Oh wait, their is none! Please quit regurgitating the talking points of the Rachel Maddow Show and similar shows (if you can call that a show instead of propaganda)!
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:58 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:<snip smr's favorite exercise in telling anecdotal stories about groups of people who support his position offline>

Gcomeau
ROFL! Here is your TIN FOIL had to go along with continued Trump conspiracy theories!

Tell me which part of what I said is a "conspiracy theory"?

• Trump fired Sessions for the publicly stated reason that he was angry he had followed DOJ ethics directions to recuse from the investigation - FACT
  • Trump appointed Barr who refused to commit to following that ethics guidance during his confirmation hearings. - FACT
  • Barr then received the Mueller report and instead of giving it to Congress immediately wrote his own "summary" stating nothing in it was indicting of the president while not letting anyone see the report - FACT
  • (This is the same Barr who in his last stint as AG supported pardoning the people involved in Iran Contra, letting them off the hook completely - FACT)
  • Barr has now stated he is going to let Trump's own people have first say on what parts of the report on the investigation into Trump anyone gets to see. - FACT

That's all actually happening. Tell me the "conspiracy theory" part.

Dare I say you have won the NEVER TRUMP award and Resist at any cost award. Face the facts, your girl Hilary lost and that just chaps your hide.p

For the last time you clueless freaking idiot, I couldn't stand Clinton. I was clear on this the entire election on this forum. I have reminded you multiple times since the election. And yet you repeatedly declare I'm just upset "my girl" Clinton didn't win. How many times have you been dropped on your damn head?
Post by smr   » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:57 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Let's try this again, you have a binary choice of HRC or Trump to elect as President of the United States. Who would you choose? By the way, you must select either choice A or choice B.

gcomeau wrote:
smr wrote:<snip smr's favorite exercise in telling anecdotal stories about groups of people who support his position offline>

Gcomeau
ROFL! Here is your TIN FOIL had to go along with continued Trump conspiracy theories!

Tell me which part of what I said is a "conspiracy theory"?

• Trump fired Sessions for the publicly stated reason that he was angry he had followed DOJ ethics directions to recuse from the investigation - FACT
  • Trump appointed Barr who refused to commit to following that ethics guidance during his confirmation hearings. - FACT
  • Barr then received the Mueller report and instead of giving it to Congress immediately wrote his own "summary" stating nothing in it was indicting of the president while not letting anyone see the report - FACT
  • (This is the same Barr who in his last stint as AG supported pardoning the people involved in Iran Contra, letting them off the hook completely - FACT)
  • Barr has now stated he is going to let Trump's own people have first say on what parts of the report on the investigation into Trump anyone gets to see. - FACT

That's all actually happening. Tell me the "conspiracy theory" part.

Dare I say you have won the NEVER TRUMP award and Resist at any cost award. Face the facts, your girl Hilary lost and that just chaps your hide.p

For the last time you clueless freaking idiot, I couldn't stand Clinton. I was clear on this the entire election on this forum. I have reminded you multiple times since the election. And yet you repeatedly declare I'm just upset "my girl" Clinton didn't win. How many times have you been dropped on your damn head?
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:45 am

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Let's try this again, you have a binary choice of HRC or Trump to elect as President of the United States. Who would you choose? By the way, you must select either choice A or choice B.

I would choose a mentally deficient orangutan over Trump. At least any damage it did while in office would be accidental.

Now you answer my question.
Post by smr   » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:32 am

smr
Vice Admiral

Hmm...A man commits no crime and has not been charged. Why does he need to be exonerated? Under US Law a person is presumed innocent until he is convicted of a crime. Which you have pointed out numerous times about Hilary and I have to conceded the point.

With that being all said:

LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!
Sorry about that but I just could not help myself! :D
Post by Joat42   » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:03 am

Joat42
Admiral

smr wrote:Hmm...A man commits no crime and has not been charged. Why does he need to be exonerated?

Because the word exonerate means to be cleared of [wrongdoing|accusation|crime|blame|guilt].

In other words, someone doesn't have to be charged with a crime to be exonerated from the accusation of doing said crime.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:57 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

And, be honest, until the report is released in full, and the other ten or so investigations conclude, he can in no wsy be consididered cleared.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by edgeworthy   » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:39 pm

edgeworthy
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Annachie wrote:And, be honest, until the report is released in full, and the other ten or so investigations conclude, he can in no wsy be consididered cleared.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I think its up to 16 other investigations?

Return to Politics