Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by smr   » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:47 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Thank you for the compliment that's high praise indeed!
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

...reading this thread has convinced me that at least one of the participants would fail a Turing Test.

Moving on to another subject, Speaker Bercow has been publicly thanked during a session of Parliament by Jeremy Corbyn for all the help that he has given Labour.
Given the Speaker is meant to be the neutral arbiter of Parliament and not a biased bully, the sooner Squeaker Bercow is kicked out, the sooner the damage he's done can start to be repaired.

To help explain the background of this to the non-Brits, Bercow is a former Conservative-in-name-only MP who was elected to the woolsack due to a campaign run primarily by Labour MPs. Once he had accepted the position, he began abusing the power and tried to go against the traditional limitations of the position simply to claim more power for himself, during which he is reported to have bullied the staff assigned to help him.
In short, Bercow is a weak man with delusions of competence.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Eyal   » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:54 am

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

Imaginos1892 wrote:Okay. I never watched soap operas, but that sure sounds like one.

The fact remains that they're making a big stink about the president's daughter's personal E-mails, and trying to equate that to gross malfeasance in office by the head of a major department of the US government.

Said daughter is a presidential advisor, not a private citizen, and the emails in question were government related. Add to that that this conduct is currently explicitly forbidden but was not in Clinton's time and the focus that Trump and the GOP have been making on Clinton's email...
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:32 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:Okay. I never watched soap operas, but that sure sounds like one.

The fact remains that they're making a big stink about the president's daughter's personal E-mails,

Ummm, no. As pointed out already they are making a stink about the e-mail use of an official Advisor To The President of The United States with full Top Secret security clearance who just went through an entire campaign watching her father call for the imprisonment of his opponent for doing what she is now doing herself.

In any other administration we would just be talking about the president's daughter, but not in the Administration of Nepotism.
Post by smr   » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:37 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Gcomeau is worried that his precious President Hilary Clinton if Trump had not stolen the election in his mind will be indicted! They have been investigating her foundations for a while (2015) out of the Dallas, Texas FBI field office along with the IRS field office. I still feel she will beat the rap as usual but one can hope.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:46 pm

TFLYTSNBN

Eyal wrote:

The fact remains that they're making a big stink about the president's daughter's personal E-mails, and trying to equate that to gross malfeasance in office by the head of a major department of the US government.

Said daughter is a presidential advisor, not a private citizen, and the emails in question were government related. Add to that that this conduct is currently explicitly forbidden but was not in Clinton's time and the focus that Trump and the GOP have been making on Clinton's email...

There is an enormous difference between may be including some classified information in a few emails using a personal account on a public server verses certainly including classified information in thousands of emails using an email account on a personal server that was obviously set up with the intent of being able to control and delete politically damaging information.
Post by TFLYTSNBN   » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:58 pm

TFLYTSNBN

The primary motivation for stirring up feces about Ivanka occassionally using her private email account for government business is exactly the same as thebfixation that the enemedia had with Governor Palin's emails. Just as the reporters were hoping to discover "candid photography" that Sarah Palin might have sent to her husband Todd while he was working at the North Slope (I confess that I am disapointed by the failure to discover and publish such imagery), the liberals are secretely hoping to discover imagery that Ivanka might have sent of herself. Since I very carefully studied the nude photos of Melania that were published prior to the election in an obvious effort to embaress her and concluded that she had nothing to be ashamed of, I would be equally eager to see similar photos of Ivanka.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:23 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

smr wrote:Gcomeau is worried that his precious President Hilary Clinton if Trump had not stolen the election in his mind will be indicted! They have been investigating her foundations for a while (2015) out of the Dallas, Texas FBI field office along with the IRS field office. I still feel she will beat the rap as usual but one can hope.

Clearly someone never read literally any of my posts all election long.

I can't stand Clinton you genius. I just can't stand her for reasons based in reality, as opposed to your little delusional fantasy world.
Post by smr   » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:59 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

So says the man with nude pin ups of HRC in his garage workshop! :P
Post by Imaginos1892   » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:12 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

smr wrote:So says the man with nude pin ups of HRC in his garage workshop!

Gack!! Now everybody needs 100 meters of Mental Floss!

Return to Politics