Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by Michael Everett   » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:04 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:So the White House just responded to a bunch of citizens concerned their personal data would be leaked thanks to the new joke of an "election integrity" commission by... publicly posting the personal information of the concerned parties.

The phrase "Amateur Hour" seems somehow insufficient to describe this...
This is definitely a case where you need a...
(Sorry for the overlap, not sure how to shrink images to fit...)
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:37 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

It appears there's a pretty good chance the Japanese Prime Ministers wife spent 2 hours at the G20 pretending not to know how to speak English to avoid having to talk to Trump...

http://www.newsweek.com/japan-akie-abe- ... ium=Social
Post by Annachie   » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:23 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

You forgot the best bit.

Aparently he was recently asking if he could pardon himself.

(Personally? I'd have asked day 1. Never after an investigation started though.)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Annachie   » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:09 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Under Australian Federal Law, you are ineligible to be a member of the Federal Parliament if you hold dual citizenship.

Back in the 00's, a Senator resigned from the Parliament because of this. (I don't remember who)

In around 2010 Senator Eric Abetz (A power broker in the ruling LNP) managed to avoid being kicked out of the Senate because he had officially renounced his citizenship a few weeks before nominations closed, despite having been a Senator for around 16 years at that point. (Court of disputed returns ruled it couldn't do anything about previous parliaments, only the current one and that he was legal for that)

Then recently, and I think it's been mentioned here, Senator Ludlam was discovered that he still held New Zealand citizenship despite having moved to Australia at a very young age, and then a few days later Sen. Waters discovered that she held Canadian citizenship, despite having moved to Australia as a baby. (Apparently there was some confusion caused by Canadian law changing the week she was born)

Now, Sen. Canavan has found out that he has Italian citizenship despite being born in Australia because, get this, his Australian born mother registered herself and the Senator as dual Italian citizens in 2006 because of her Italian heritage apparently without telling him.

He's fighting it in the court of disputed returns of course, but he should loose because precedent appears to be against him.

All this after we lost two Senators at the start of the Parliament.
One for being a convicted Felon at the time he nominated (even though the conviction was later quashed) and another for owning a property that the government rented part of for a parliamentary office.
Hell, it might have been three and I've forgotten one.

Oh, and we have another Senator being challenged for the same reason.

Not to mention Sen. Hansen being investigated for electioneering irregularities.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:22 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Trump just turned an address to the Boyscouts Jamboree into a partisan political rally and egged a bunch of kids into booing Obama and Clinton. It was like he was TRYING to invite comparisons to the Hitler Youth.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... fa8aa359e4

The BSA facebook page comments sections and twitter are blowing up with outrage today... people are livid. And the BSA did not help with their non apology apology response just saying "we're non partisan and it's tradition to invite the president" without addressing at all the hyper partisan nature of the speech that violated all tradition.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:59 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

And while the boyscouts thing could be a thread all its own and in any other presidency would be... moving on to the next head shaking item...

Senators caught on hot mic giving their honest opinions of this administration...

(Collins is a Republican)

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politi ... story.html

‘‘I swear, [the Office of Management and Budget] just went through and whenever there was ‘grant,’ they just X it out,’’ Collins says. ‘‘With no measurement, no thinking about it, no metrics, no nothing. It’s just incredibly irresponsible.’’

‘‘Yes,’’ Reed replies. ‘‘I think - I think he’s crazy,’’ apparently referring to the president. ‘‘I mean, I don’t say that lightly and as a kind of a goofy guy.’’

‘‘I’m worried,’’ Collins replies.

‘‘Oof,’’ Reed continues. ‘‘You know, this thing - if we don’t get a budget deal, we’re going to be paralyzed.’’

‘‘I know,’’ Collins replies.

‘‘[Department of Defense] is going to be paralyzed, everybody is going to be paralyzed,’’ Reed says.

‘‘I don’t think he knows there is a [Budget Control Act] or anything,’’ Collins says, referring to a 2011 law that defines the budget process.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:58 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Oh for fucks sake.
Yet another Federal Senator in Australia who was aparently inelligable to run due to dual citizenship.
This one, however, claimed not to be a UK citizen (documents found showing him using a British passport), claimed not to have visited England (photo's of him at Tower Bridge the month before), carefully worded Stat Dec presented to parliment to support his elligibiity that doesn't actually say he was elligable.

That's now 4 this year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Annachie   » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:55 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Now the Deputy Prime Minister, Barnaby Joyce, has turned out to have dual citizenship with New Zealand.

The Deputy fucking Prime Minister.

Well had, he renounced it today.

Barnaby previously: "You can’t be a member of parliament & have dual citizenship- it's black & white."

Of course then he was refering to a member of an opposition party.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Michael Everett   » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:54 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Annachie wrote:Now the Deputy Prime Minister, Barnaby Joyce, has turned out to have dual citizenship with New Zealand.

IIRC, it was because (one of?) his parents was from NZ/had NZ citizenship and for NZ, anyone born to a NZ citizen is a NZ citizen.
Joyce apparently wasn't actually aware that he had said citizenship until it sprangup and bit him in the unmentionables.
NZ citizenship - the rake hiding in the long grass...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Annachie   » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:10 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Yeah his father.

But eveyone busted for it this year was unaware.
Hell even Abetz claimed he thought he'd renounced his German citizenship when he was caught.

But as Barnaby says, it's pretty black and white.

Of course now our foreign minister, Aspestos Julie, is claiming the NZ opposition party is colluding with the treasonus Australian opposition to bring down the Australian government.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to Politics