Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by cthia   » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:39 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Annachie   » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:59 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:53 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

After having 6 months to compile a list of Russian Oligarchs who should at least be seriously LOOKED at for sanctions, the report the Treasury released, they have just admitted, was simply cribbed from a Forbes Magazine article of "200 Richest Businessmen in Russia 2017". It includes people Putin has actively gone after and seized the assets of. They just put down ANY random rich people in Russia.

That is how seriously this administration is taking a confirmed Russian attack on US elections.
Post by dscott8   » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:30 pm

dscott8
Commodore

gcomeau wrote:After having 6 months to compile a list of Russian Oligarchs who should at least be seriously LOOKED at for sanctions, the report the Treasury released, they have just admitted, was simply cribbed from a Forbes Magazine article of "200 Richest Businessmen in Russia 2017". It includes people Putin has actively gone after and seized the assets of. They just put down ANY random rich people in Russia.

That is how seriously this administration is taking a confirmed Russian attack on US elections.

What's disturbing is that this is all the admin intends to do. The sanctions, which got overwhelming majorities in both houses and were signed into law by Traitor Trump, will not be implemented. Plain and simple, he is abrogating his responsibility to enforce the laws passed by our elected representatives. His signature on a bill is worthless.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:55 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

dscott8 wrote:
gcomeau wrote:After having 6 months to compile a list of Russian Oligarchs who should at least be seriously LOOKED at for sanctions, the report the Treasury released, they have just admitted, was simply cribbed from a Forbes Magazine article of "200 Richest Businessmen in Russia 2017". It includes people Putin has actively gone after and seized the assets of. They just put down ANY random rich people in Russia.

What's disturbing is that this is all the admin intends to do. The sanctions, which got overwhelming majorities in both houses and were signed into law by Traitor Trump, will not be implemented. Plain and simple, he is abrogating his responsibility to enforce the laws passed by our elected representatives. His signature on a bill is worthless.

Possibly more disturbing... they've known for over a year now not just that Russia hit the US election, but that they have every capability to do it again and that US intelligence has every *expectation* that they will do it again.

And this administration has done literally NOTHING. Taken zero precautions. It's like they're issuing an invitation.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:38 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

"The ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation, a TV station among other media things) said that a filing cabinet with no keys ended up in a second-hand store in Canberra that sells off old government furniture. A person bought the filing cabinet cheap and opened the lock with a drill before discovering the treasure trove of highly-sensitive cabinet documents."

Might I add, sensitive and damaging.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Annachie   » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:06 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Ferry McFerryFace - Gate.

I wish I was making this shit up.

The NSW government held a poll, last year, to the tune of around A$100,000, to name on of the new Sydney Harbour ferries.

The results, as announced was that Boaty McBoatFace received the most votes but as the name was taken the second highest would be the winner.

Ferry McFerryFace.

Turns out, it didn't receive all that many votes.

Maybe a tenth of what actually should have won.
But as that was the name of a political rival the minister lied about the results.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Daryl   » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:46 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Interesting to me. When I left a senior position in our Defence Department a decade ago I was told that I could admit to being cleared to "Top Secret Positive Vetting AUSTEO" which translates to the highest regular clearance that had also been verified by actually checking me out on the ground, and the high sounding AUSTEO meant that I couldn't mention some things to our closest allies. I was told however that I shouldn't mention that I also held "Cabinet in Confidence" clearance as that level itself's name was classified. Saw it on national free to air TV on documents tonight, so guess I can now mention it.
Annachie wrote:"The ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation, a TV station among other media things) said that a filing cabinet with no keys ended up in a second-hand store in Canberra that sells off old government furniture. A person bought the filing cabinet cheap and opened the lock with a drill before discovering the treasure trove of highly-sensitive cabinet documents."

Post by biochem   » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:04 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Daryl wrote:Interesting to me. When I left a senior position in our Defence Department a decade ago I was told that I could admit to being cleared to "Top Secret Positive Vetting AUSTEO" which translates to the highest regular clearance that had also been verified by actually checking me out on the ground, and the high sounding AUSTEO meant that I couldn't mention some things to our closest allies. I was told however that I shouldn't mention that I also held "Cabinet in Confidence" clearance as that level itself's name was classified. Saw it on national free to air TV on documents tonight, so guess I can now mention it.
Annachie wrote:"The ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation, a TV station among other media things) said that a filing cabinet with no keys ended up in a second-hand store in Canberra that sells off old government furniture. A person bought the filing cabinet cheap and opened the lock with a drill before discovering the treasure trove of highly-sensitive cabinet documents."

Our latest Intel disaster is a jogging app. Which lit up the location of secret bases.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thinkprogr ... 5d418/amp/
Post by Annachie   » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:06 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

You cant make this stuff up!
"The Australian Federal Government has sent a delegation this week to Indonesia to share expertise on how it handles and secures government information."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to Politics