Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:44 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

So as the almost final act of his presidency Trump pardoned Bannon... for stealing millions from Trump's own supporters who were donating to the wall.

Pretty much the most fitting possible final punctuation to end that flaming mass of corruption and just plain evil some called a presidential term.
Post by n7axw   » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:55 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:So as the almost final act of his presidency Trump pardoned Bannon... for stealing millions from Trump's own supporters who were donating to the wall.

Pretty much the most fitting possible final punctuation to end that flaming mass of corruption and just plain evil some called a presidential term.

This is going to sound world weary or even a bit cynical... Just so he gets out of town and away from the leavers of power

By the way I am aware that has already happened... But that doesn't change the feeling.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Joat42   » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:19 pm

Joat42
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:So as the almost final act of his presidency Trump pardoned Bannon... for stealing millions from Trump's own supporters who were donating to the wall.

It's amazing the litany of stuff that has been going on, and how much of it I have already forgotten, so I'll just leave this here as a reminder: https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/the ... es-1-1-056

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:56 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

One for the Australians here, where it's Australia Day.

South Oz police are currently looking for a 24yr old female named Khe Sanh Cox.

:D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Eyal   » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:01 am

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

isaac_newton wrote:ah-ha... do you happen to know about NY?
- assuming that is where RG is licensed.

Doesn't look like NY has a mandatory bar association, per Wikipedia.
Post by isaac_newton   » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:59 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

Eyal wrote:
isaac_newton wrote:ah-ha... do you happen to know about NY?
- assuming that is where RG is licensed.

Doesn't look like NY has a mandatory bar association, per Wikipedia.

I see that he has just been slapped with the good old $1300,000,000 lawsuit by Dominion. :lol: :lol:
Post by n7axw   » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:44 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Why do I doubt that they will ever collect it? I wonder what ole Rudy is actually worth...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by ZVar   » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:30 pm

ZVar
Lieutenant Commander

n7axw wrote:Why do I doubt that they will ever collect it? I wonder what ole Rudy is actually worth...

Don

-

Not as much as he should be as he's suing Trump as Trump, and here is a surprise twist no one saw coming, refuses to pay his debts.

And yes, that clause was sarcasm....
Post by Annachie   » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:02 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Why am I only now finding this? :(

https://youtu.be/trJc_t_AqVY
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by cthia   » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:01 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Is this enlightening, frightening, brightening, heightening, or what?

New book claims KGB started grooming 'vain and greedy' Trump forty years ago

'His vanity, excessive. Narcissism, excessive. Greed, excessive,' an ex-KGB agent says in the book. 'Trump was a dream for KGB officers looking to develop an asset'

Author of the article:National Post Staff
Publishing date:Jan 29, 2021 • Last Updated January 29, 2021 • 4 minute read

A new book makes shocking claims that Russia’s KGB started grooming Donald Trump 40 years ago, repeatedly saving him from financial ruin, and that when the reality-show entrepreneur became U.S. president in 2017, it was time for him to repay the favour.

Investigative reporter Craig Unger’s new book also alleges that Trump established further ties to Russia during his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein, the Daily Mail reports. The deceased sex offender allegedly relied on the same Russian pimps who supplied women to oligarchs with ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“Trump was a dream for KGB officers looking to develop an asset,” Yuri Shvets, a former KGB major living in the U.S., is quoted as saying in the book. “Everybody has weaknesses. But with Trump it wasn’t just weakness. Everything was excessive. His vanity, excessive. Narcissism, excessive. Greed, excessive. Ignorance, excessive.”

The press release for American Kompromat: How The KGB Cultivated Donald Trump, And Related Tales Of Sex, Greed, Power, And Treachery describes the book as “a story of dirty secrets, and the most powerful people in the world.”

Epstein bragged about Clinton and Trump in jail, said he was motivated by 'p***y': new book

Names of everyone who flew on Jeffrey Epstein's planes subpoenaed by U.S. Virgin Islands AG
Unger, who has written for The New Yorker, Esquire Magazine and Vanity Fair among others, has written previous bestselling books about questionable connections between world elites, two of which include, House Of Bush, House Of Saud, and House Of Trump, House Of Putin.

Kompromat is Russian for “compromising information” and the term, which originated in the Stalin era, is used to refer to compromising material that can be used to threaten or blackmail a politician or other public figure. These Kompromat operations can also leverage power “by appealing to what is for some the most prized possession of all: their vanity,” the press release says. “From Donald Trump to Jeffrey Epstein, kompromat operations documented the darkest secrets of the most powerful people in the world and transformed them into potent weapons.”

People have long speculated about why Trump was so friendly with Putin, and Unger’s books asks: “Was Donald Trump a Russian asset? Just how compromised was he? And how could such an audacious feat have been accomplished?”

Unger says his book is based on exclusive interviews with dozens of high-level sources, including former officers in the CIA, former FBI counterintelligence agents and former Soviet KGB agents, including Shvets.

In the book, Shvets says the KGB “began cultivating Trump as a prospective asset” in the early 1980s, the Daily Mail reports.

“When people start talking about Trump’s ties to the KGB or Russian intelligence, some are looking for this super-sophisticated masterplan, which was designed decades ago and finally climaxed with Trump’s election as president of the United States,” Shvets said, but the KGB didn’t actually know whether their investment would pay off.

“That’s the way the KGB sometimes operated. It was like throwing spaghetti against the wall and seeing what would stick,” Unger writes.

All of Trump’s business relationships in Russia and ties to oligarchs are “part of a long, ongoing Russian intelligence operation” approved by the Kremlin, Unger writes.

Trump allegedly first came to the KGB’s attention in 1980, when he opened the Grand Hyatt hotel, his first major Manhattan real estate project.

He visited Joy-Lud Electronics to buy hundreds of television sets for the hotel, but the small discount store was actually a front for the KGB, and Shvets says he is “99 per cent” sure the shop owners gave Trump’s details to the KGB.

Unger writes that, for the Soviets, Trump’s “most appealing quality” was his personality — “vain, narcissistic, highly susceptible to flattery, and greed,” the Daily Mail reports. “Deeply insecure intellectually, highly suggestible, exceedingly susceptible to flattery, Trump was anxious to acquire some real intellectual validation — and the KGB would be more than happy to humor him.”

Unger’s book details numerous examples of times Trump benefitted financially from rich Russians tied to the KGB.

For example, Tamir Sapir, a partner in Joy-Lud electronics, allegedly helped bail out the Trump SoHo development in New York and Putin-linked mobsters allegedly laundered money by buying luxury Trump condos with cash.

In an excerpt published in Vanity Fair, Unger details how Trump and Epstein became friends and eventually fell out in 2004 when Trump outbid Epstein for a 62,000-square-foot mansion in Palm Beach that was being sold at a bankruptcy auction. Trump later sold the property for a profit. Epstein allegedly threatened to sue Trump, who allegedly retaliated by urging the Palm Beach Police Department to start an investigation into Epstein’s relationships with young girls in 2005.

“Their friendship frayed beyond repair, Epstein became less discreet as the keeper of Trump’s secrets and was not averse to showing off potentially compromising photos of him and Trump. An associate of Epstein’s who asked not to be identified told me that Epstein showed him one photo of Trump with a topless young girl,” Unger writes.

Unger also speculated that Russia’s Federal Security Service, the main successor agency to the Soviet Union’s KGB, may have attained “kompromat” material from among Epstein’s alleged collection of compromising photos and videos of his famous friends and young women, the Daily Mail reports.

Trump has not responded to any of the allegations in the book.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense

Return to Politics