Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 33 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:19 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
gcomeau wrote:Ummm, political donation data has always been public and searchable.

Why are we acting as if this is some new and nefarious development directed at Trump exactly?

It just took me 2 minutes to pull up a searchable donor list of who donated to Obama, and their addresses on opensecrets.org.

But you are technologically adept. It is surprising how many people are not and how many lack the patience/skills/planning abilities to do things like that.
Then there's basic knowledge. I would be happy to put a fiver on something like half the population of America not knowing (as of the last election) that there actually were publicly-accessible lists of donations. I myself didn't know until recently, although in my case, a very large contributing factor is that I'm on the other side of the pond and am more concerned with politics on this side.

While I am happy to be corrected, the final query remains. Has any network covered the story?

The question remains... *what* story? That data that has always been public domain remains public domain?

Where exactly is the story in that you expect them to report on?
Post by WLBjork   » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:46 am

WLBjork
Commander

Surprised no-one has commented about Sacha Baron Cohen/Borat yet.

Firstly, in the film Rudy Giuliani is caught behaving inappropriately in front of a much younger woman.

Secondly - and more concerningly - the team managed to infiltrate the White House grounds, being neither searched nor tested for Covid-19.

It looks like far from draining "the swamp", DT has managed to enlarge it to the size of The Mojinga.
Post by n7axw   » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:16 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

WLBjork wrote:Surprised no-one has commented about Sacha Baron Cohen/Borat yet.

Firstly, in the film Rudy Giuliani is caught behaving inappropriately in front of a much younger woman.

Secondly - and more concerningly - the team managed to infiltrate the White House grounds, being neither searched nor tested for Covid-19.

It looks like far from draining "the swamp", DT has managed to enlarge it to the size of The Mojinga.

Younger woman? You mean girl as in child. Rudy is deteriorating out... almost as bad as Trump...

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by edgeworthy   » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:49 am

edgeworthy
Lieutenant (Senior Grade)

Apparently a Dog ate Fox News's Homework!?
https://twitter.com/keithedwards/status ... 5739441152
Its incredible, it seems that all the evidence that they had about Hunter Biden just disappeared, as if it never existed at all :o
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:02 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

edgeworthy wrote:Apparently a Dog ate Fox News's Homework!?
Its incredible, it seems that all the evidence that they had about Hunter Biden just disappeared, as if it never existed at all :o

Yeah, because as we all know it's definitely common practice when a news org gets their hands on damning documentation of wrongdoing by a presidential candidate to not make a single copy or take any pictures or other backup documentation of it in any way and then throw it in the mail where a logistics company they don't want to name for us (so their story can't be checked) magically "loses" all of them. :roll:

Let's all keep in mind this is the same Tucker Carlson whose own employer, Fox News, argued in court in sworn testimony would never be taken seriously by any "reasonable person" and thus his false statements against individuals didn't count as slander. And we can all see why the judge actually accepted that argument.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:10 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

The Lord Major of Perth, Western Australia apologised for some seriously anti transgender comments he recently made.

Apparently, he had forgotten that he was the Lord Mayor of Perth.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Annachie   » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:23 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

If said evedence pertained, or supposedly pertained, to a criminal activity it's destruction of evidence and obstruction.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by isaac_newton   » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:51 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

ah-ha - that's REAL positive proof that the deep state exists and is fully functioning AND protectING BIDEN

THEY DIDNT WANT YOU TO KNOW THE TRUTH!!!!!
WAKE UP SHEEPLES!!!

:roll:
Post by Daryl   » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:55 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Just a little bit of news from the other side of the world, in regard to progressive versus conservative elections.
Recently Jacinda Ardhern's Labour Party won a resounding victory in New Zealand.
After that the Australian Labor Party won the ACT election here (small state around the capital).
Now tonight the votes are being counted for my state of Queensland (about 5M). The conservatives have been baying for blood and claiming they will wrest power from the progressive Australian Labor Party. Result is about a 4.5% swing to Labor and an increased majority. I thought about being magnanimous in victory, and not crowing about it, then I remembered all the vicious and unkind things said throughout the campaign by the conservatives.
FOUR MORE YEARS
Only Trump to go in my personal hit list. Might go and check my Lotto results now.
Post by n7axw   » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:49 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Daryl wrote:Just a little bit of news from the other side of the world, in regard to progressive versus conservative elections.
Recently Jacinda Ardhern's Labour Party won a resounding victory in New Zealand.
After that the Australian Labor Party won the ACT election here (small state around the capital).
Now tonight the votes are being counted for my state of Queensland (about 5M). The conservatives have been baying for blood and claiming they will wrest power from the progressive Australian Labor Party. Result is about a 4.5% swing to Labor and an increased majority. I thought about being magnanimous in victory, and not crowing about it, then I remembered all the vicious and unkind things said throughout the campaign by the conservatives.
FOUR MORE YEARS
Only Trump to go in my personal hit list. Might go and check my Lotto results now.

Well over half of expected turnout already voted and two days left to go. Now to get all those votes counted and the results certified....

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.

Return to Politics