Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:18 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/sta ... 7534231552

The noise from windmills... causes cancer...

This guy isn't mentally fit to manage a Burger King.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:36 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

There's a proposed wind farm in my area that would put one about 1,200 meters away.

I dream of the day it is quiet enough in my house so that I could hear it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Daryl   » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:21 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

LOCK THEM UP
LOCK THEM UP
LOCK THEM UP

The E wrote:You really can't make this shit up.
https://www.npr.org/2019/03/21/70556158 ... ittee-says

Jared Kushner's attorney told the House Committee on Oversight and Reform that Kushner uses private messaging applications and personal email to communicate about official White House matters, the committee wrote in a letter to White House Counsel Pat Cipollone on Thursday.

Aside from the Kushners, the House committee said other officials such as the former deputy national security adviser K.T. McFarland and former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon used their personal email accounts to discuss the "transfer of sensitive U.S. nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia." The panel produced a report last month alleging that the Trump administration sought to rush the transfer of American nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia in potential violation of the law.

You'd think that, after all the bullshit about Clinton's use of non-governmental communication systems, they'd at least try to pretend to be careful about this shit, but no. Hypocrisy, it seems, is a highly competitive sport in the Trump administration.
Post by Daryl   » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:23 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I remember having a picnic under a huge turbine, in an enormous field of them in the UK. Just a slight murmur.

quote="Annachie"]There's a proposed wind farm in my area that would put one about 1,200 meters away.

I dream of the day it is quiet enough in my house so that I could hear it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk[/quote]
Post by Annachie   » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:51 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

More properly, the department is investigating and have supposedly not briefed the minister.
[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190409/8953761b9cb24462fd34fc95c2bdecc7.jpg[/img]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Imaginos1892   » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:40 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

Daryl wrote:I remember having a picnic under a huge turbine, in an enormous field of them in the UK. Just a slight murmur.

Giant windmills generate infrasound — extremely low-frequency sound that travels for miles. There's evidence that some people are subliminally aware of it, and disturbed by it. Symptoms can include anxiety, irritability, insomnia, and headaches.

I don't think anything has been proven conclusively, but all those people should not be dismissed as 'mentally unfit' until we know more.

Do all those hundred-plus windmills in the North Sea disturb the whales?
———————————
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!
Post by The E   » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:49 pm

The E
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:I don't think anything has been proven conclusively, but all those people should not be dismissed as 'mentally unfit' until we know more.

I don't think any of them got cancer though. You know, that thing Trump claimed? That, just like any other claim Trump has made, was bullshit?
Post by Imaginos1892   » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:06 pm

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

The E wrote:I don't think any of them got cancer though. You know, that thing Trump claimed? That, just like any other claim Trump has made, was bullshit?

There is also evidence that stress can contribute to all sorts of health problems, including cancer. Infrasound could increase the risk of cancer. Indirectly, the way sunspots affect climate.

We need the electricity. Does the benefit outweigh the slight risks? We can only know that by knowing the risks, not by dismissing them.
———————————
Bring out yer dead!
Post by The E   » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:57 pm

The E
Admiral

Imaginos1892 wrote:There is also evidence that stress can contribute to all sorts of health problems, including cancer. Infrasound could increase the risk of cancer. Indirectly, the way sunspots affect climate.

We need the electricity. Does the benefit outweigh the slight risks? We can only know that by knowing the risks, not by dismissing them.
———————————
Bring out yer dead!

Are you seriously trying to argue that Trump was maybe technically correct here
Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:11 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

The E wrote:Are you seriously trying to argue that Trump was maybe technically correct here

It could be that he was right for all the wrong reasons...

It's been known to happen. A certain Ancient Greek Philosopher deduced that the Earth orbited the sun since fire is a nobler element than earth and the center is a nobler position than the outside, therefore fire had to be at the center...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995

Return to Politics