Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by pappilon   » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:19 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

gcomeau wrote: The US has been one long running bad joke to the rest of the world for the last 7 months and it isn't getting better. Because Trump *doesn't learn*. Ever.

But, he's just getting warmed up to his new Celebrity Executive reality show, as opposed to the obviously fake Obama show. All the I'm-not-a-racist,I-just-believe-the-same-things-racists-do that voted for him because they wanted to dran the swamp can sit back and laugh because they're getting exactly what they wanted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Tenshinai   » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:02 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

cthia wrote:Donald Trump was actually elected POTUS! Honest! Really! You can't make that shit up! Although, every day I wake up and feel as if I'm fucking dreaming!

Help, I'm falling and can't wake up!

Yeah, horrible isn't it?

Much easier to blame it on those evil (*cough* russians *cough*)foreigners, right?

Funny how there's still no actual evidence to be found.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:04 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Tenshinai wrote:
Yeah, horrible isn't it?

Much easier to blame it on those evil (*cough* russians *cough*)foreigners, right?

What alternate reality do you post from? Seriously?
Post by Daryl   » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:02 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Speaking from the other side of the world, I've seen what I believe is credible evidence that his team and relatives colluded closely with a number of Russians.
Could be fake news, but if they can mock that much up without a flaw we are screwed anyway.
I'm not a fan of the US political/military/industrial complex, and generally don't like the US "Powers that Be", but this is all Trump's own debacle.

gcomeau wrote:
Tenshinai wrote:
Yeah, horrible isn't it?

Post by Annachie   » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:56 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Primary school did a fund raiser to help school aged girls in Aftica.

Do it in a dress. Boys doing everyday things in a school dress.

Target $900.00

A couple of the hard right christian type politicians decided to have a go at them about it.

They ended up raising $250,000+
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by pappilon   » Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:15 pm

pappilon
Rear Admiral

[quote="Daryl"]Speaking from the other side of the world, I've seen what I believe is credible evidence that his team and relatives colluded closely with a number of Russians.
Could be fake news, but if they can mock that much up without a flaw we are screwed anyway.
I'm not a fan of the US political/military/industrial complex, and generally don't like the US "Powers that Be", but this is all Trump's own debacle.

All I've seen so far is nothing but "the political campaigning as usual" that has come from the Republican Party since, oh, Barry Goldwater's 1964 campaign. You remember, The Democrats ired off "Daisy Chain" in one TV market and it ran one time, the Republicans fired back with Lee Atwater's "Southern Strategy." Find wedge issues, target the appropriate communities, exploit the fractures.

If that's the best the Russians can do, pretty effective but not very original. All Trump had to do was exploit the Feminist and Anti-Clinton wedges.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

Post by Tenshinai   » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:41 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:

The one where people actually bother to check when they find that the "evidence" is pure merry-go-round, where anything remotely resembling "evidence" traces back to stuff like "well they could have done this" or "must have been them because my uncle said so".

And as time goes by, more and more of all those hordes of overwhelming proof is getting shot dead by facts.
Like the screaming that originated from Facebook about all those crazy many fake accounts and their shifty manipulations...
Yeah, except a few weeks ago, Google finished their actual check about stuff like that and found "no evidence of Facebook having been used to interfere with the election".

And you seem unable to comprehend me, so let me say it simple, IF someone had meddled with the election i would cheer them on, because in case you missed it, USA kinda deserves it for being the nation with the most meddling in other nations elections since WWII, by a huge margin.

But here, it's just a sad case of USA electing one of the most unsuitable people for office ever, by their own free choice and will.
Oh there's plenty of tampering and meddling, but that's the "usual" done by the democrats and republicans as well as various interests and "communities".

Seriously, the best "evidence" they had of Russian involvement is based on "the timestamp is during office hours in Moscow", and the extremely ridiculous server that hadn't even been connected online... :roll:
Post by Tenshinai   » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:06 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

Daryl wrote:Speaking from the other side of the world, I've seen what I believe is credible evidence that his team and relatives colluded closely with a number of Russians.

Uh, calling it collusion when it is same old same old as what happens EVERY TIME there's an election upcoming, that's just ridiculous.
Yeah, Trumps people PROBABLY was very much on the edge(or over it) of what was legal, but again, nothing unusual with that. As much as i dislike bashing Obama, crap like that happened during his time as well, it's where some of the claims about corruption, especially about Hillary Clinton originates from.

Then the highly illegal hijinks against the Russian San Francisco embassy, that was actually an act of war. Trying to cause provocations much lately?

Oh yeah, fake news lately by the way...

Russia was accused of preparing to start a war during Zapad 2017, because OBVIOUSLY that must be what they were planning when they had their exercise right at the same time as Nato played around in the Baltic, and oh dear they clearly had AT LEAST over 100000 troops involved, and clearly the only reason to lie about the numbers was because they were up to something and being nefarious.

Right, then Zapad 2017, which is a Russian exercise that occurs every 4 years, ie simply COULD not had anything to do with the Nato exercises since it was planned 3 years earlier, the actual number of troops involved, based on witness accounts admits "well uh, it seems like they had pretty much exactly as many there as they lied about, i mean said", there were not even a hint of any incidents outside the training area, the worst thing that happened was 4 people injured from a single "friendly" misfire.

Which compared to Nato's rampage in the Baltic seems outright sleepy as the Nato exercises have already caused 5 deaths that i know about.
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/rus ... 61856.html
That's about as close as you can get to not get fake news in EUSA media if Russia is even remotely involved.

Oh and not long ago, remember last year, the accusations of Russian mass doping?
Where it was claimed there was EVIDENCE against "nearly a hundred"(97 IIRC) athletes and "hundreds" of others?
Yeah, no. There was ONE actual case of doping. Which we now find out was actually discovered and reported by the Russians themselves.
And that was used to ban a bunch of Russians from the olympics.

In Syria, the facts on the ground are also very interesting, 6 months after CIA stopped supporting just SOME groups of terrorists there, the fighting is suddenly dying down a bit, and a few hundred THOUSAND refugees have returned home.
Think about that while considering what the media is generally writing about the place.

In the last 10 years, there's barely ANY news that involves Russia that isn't fake news.
I could bring up plenty more examples, but many are more or less regional so it would force a bit more typing than i want to get into right now.
Post by Annachie   » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:34 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Of course people used fake facebook accounts for political gain.

It's well known. Australian poli's tend to use Indian or Pakistani companies.

The Trump campaign used a Russian one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by pappilon   » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:21 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:Of course people used fake facebook accounts for political gain.

It's well known. Australian poli's tend to use Indian or Pakistani companies.

The Trump campaign used a Russian one.

And any political circus is better than none. It distracts the newsies from the real stories. Informed public: yet another contradiction of terms.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

Return to Politics