Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by Annachie   » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:29 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

That Carrier plant in Indianopolis that President Trump loudly proclaimed he's save and prevented a thousand or so jobs heading to Mexico, just laid off a couple of hundred staff as they start to move their manufactoring to Mexico.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by biochem   » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:20 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:
Annachie wrote:"The ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation, a TV station among other media things) said that a filing cabinet with no keys ended up in a second-hand store in Canberra that sells off old government furniture. A person bought the filing cabinet cheap and opened the lock with a drill before discovering the treasure trove of highly-sensitive cabinet documents."

Might I add, sensitive and damaging.
You cant make this stuff up!
"The Australian Federal Government has sent a delegation this week to Indonesia to share expertise on how it handles and secures government information."

At least it wasn't a freezer full of nerve gas. At my grad school they had to call the military to dispose of it. Some professor had been working on it with the military and just left it behind in an old storeroom when he retired. They cleaned it out a decade later and found the stuff. Good thing it was being cleaned out by chemists not janitors. They recognized it for what it was.
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:18 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Trump just called not clapping for his SOTU speech an act of treason.

I don't even feel the need to comment further...
Post by dscott8   » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:32 am

dscott8
Commodore

gcomeau wrote:Trump just called not clapping for his SOTU speech an act of treason.

Apparently Senator Tammy Duckworth, who lost her legs as an Army helicopter pilot, did feel the need to comment further:

“We don’t live in a dictatorship or a monarchy,” Duckworth tweeted soon after he made the comment. “I swore an oath ― in the military and in the Senate ― to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, not to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs and clap when he demands I clap.”

I second that emotion.
Post by biochem   » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:50 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

gcomeau wrote:Trump just called not clapping for his SOTU speech an act of treason.

To the humor challenged. It was a joke.

See comment here

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/45 ... treasonous

Contained within the comment is a link to the video. Watch the actual video. It was a joke.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:55 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

biochem wrote:

See comment here

Contained within the comment is a link to the video. Watch the actual video. It was a joke.

I did watch the actual video. He was chuckling the same way he always does when he says something he knows is controversial. And while he may not have been 100% serious he was openly pandering to that sentiment in his lunatic base, from a person in the crowd who he knows damn well was likely serious when HE said it.

The only appropriate response to that is to shut it the hell down, not play along with it.
Post by The E   » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:50 am

The E
Admiral

biochem wrote:

See comment here

I moderate one medium-sized forum (larger and more active than this one) and it's two associated instant message channels. "I was just making a joke" is not an accepted defense for saying something really, really stupid there; we ban people when they, for example, advocate for racist positions and then close it off with "I was just joking".

So why is it acceptable for the President of the United States, the person in charge of the executive branch of government, to make jokes about jailing or even investigating his political opponents for not showing proper deference to him?

Personally, I think this shows Trump's complete lack of suitability for his position. This is not "presidential" behaviour, and it's certainly not going to "make America great again".
Post by The E   » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:07 am

The E
Admiral

Trump wanted a soviet-style military parade for his inauguration

But yeah, it's us who are deranged when we point out his tendencies towards autocracy....
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:32 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Trump just accused the stock market of making a big mistake by going down this last week. Directly. In a tweet.

The stock market. Like THE MARKET did it to personally spite him or something.
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:29 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:Trump just accused the stock market of making a big mistake by going down this last week. Directly. In a tweet.

The stock market. Like THE MARKET did it to personally spite him or something.

...wat
:?
...I just checked the calender, we're nowhere near april.
Please tell me that Trump's twitter account was hacked or something, having that much stupid at the top...
...if that's true, then I have to say it.
"Please stop the world, I want to get off."
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995

Return to Politics