Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by pappilon   » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:49 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:President's personal assistant, who was fired and escourted from the building by a guard, immediately joins the Presidents re-election campaign in a senior position.

pappilon wrote:Rex Tillerson fired for backing UK in condemning Russia for nerve agent assassination attempt on March 12. But fired effective March 9.

gcomeau wrote:Not according to the State Department he wasn't...he was just asked to come back to the US March 9th according to them.

I read it a little differently. I read he was in Africa and asked the administration to hold off on the announcement until he returned. But with the disinformation coming out of the WHITE House, who can say?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:36 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/ ... 8714747906

Posted without comment, since none is needed. :roll:
Post by dscott8   » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:54 pm

dscott8
Commodore

Many schools are penalizing students for taking part in the National Walkout Against Gun Violence. Detentions, truancy on their permanent records, and one school in Arkansas administered corporal punishment.

Seems like some school boards need to be voted out in November, too.
Post by Daryl   » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:48 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Corporal punishment? It is 2018, isn't it?

dscott8 wrote:Many schools are penalizing students for taking part in the National Walkout Against Gun Violence. Detentions, truancy on their permanent records, and one school in Arkansas administered corporal punishment.

Seems like some school boards need to be voted out in November, too.
Post by The E   » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:46 am

The E
Admiral

dscott8 wrote:Many schools are penalizing students for taking part in the National Walkout Against Gun Violence. Detentions, truancy on their permanent records, and one school in Arkansas administered corporal punishment.

Here's something I'm curious about: What does "permanent record" even mean in this context? Like, how permanent are we talking here, until you leave the school, until you die...?

Also, who the hell cares about those enough to make an entry in it a bad thing?
Post by Bluesqueak   » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:17 am

Bluesqueak
Captain of the List

The E wrote:

Here's something I'm curious about: What does "permanent record" even mean in this context? Like, how permanent are we talking here, until you leave the school, until you die...?

Also, who the hell cares about those enough to make an entry in it a bad thing?

Some colleges request the permanent record, some don't. The solution is to either request the school makes it clear the 'truancy' was taking part in the Walkout, or to mention it in your college essay.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:59 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

James Mattis, the current Sec. Defence, is implicated in a massive, years long, corporate fraud.
A fraud that included some of his actions while still a general at the Pentagon.

But neither party want to mention it because he's competant. Because they're worried about what will happen if he's removed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:19 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Annachie wrote:James Mattis, the current Sec. Defence, is implicated in a massive, years long, corporate fraud.
A fraud that included some of his actions while still a general at the Pentagon.

But neither party want to mention it because he's competant. Because they're worried about what will happen if he's removed.

...yep, this is most certainly "draining the swamp"... :roll:
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by The E   » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:26 am

The E
Admiral

Democrats: Guys, look, the GOP is in such a bad spot now with Trump and their general lack of anything resembling morals, we can compete everywhere and while we may not be able to win, we will put pressure where none was before!

GOP: We ain't got a chance to win anyway, might as well put a holocaust denier front and center

(Yes, I know the Illinois GOP did disavow him, and has worked in previous years to keep that shitstain off the ballot, but this still happened!
As much as certain commenters here assert that the Democrats are the real racists, it isn't the Democrats allowing actual racists on the ballots, is it?)
Post by Annachie   » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:34 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Politics