Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:04 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
The E wrote:Also, fun fact: This was not Donald's "first try" at the presidency.

...wait. What?
Okay, as a Brit, I have to ask? When did the Orange Comb-over run before?
And against whom?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_ ... aign,_2000
Post by The E   » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:08 pm

The E
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
The E wrote:Also, fun fact: This was not Donald's "first try" at the presidency.

...wait. What?
Okay, as a Brit, I have to ask? When did the Orange Comb-over run before?
And against whom?

He ran in 2000. He wasn't very successful; he was running on the Reform Party ticket and dropped out in February 2000 when he decided that they were too dysfunctional for him.

But the fact of the matter is that, from October 99 to February 2000, he was a in the running for the presidency.
Post by Annachie   » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:19 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

9 backpackers sharing a house in Perth, Western Australia.

Find a white powder that someone had placed in their letterbox.

Assume it's cocain and snort it.

End up in hospital after overdosing on what was actually sea sickness medication that's also used as a date rape drug.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:16 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

I'd just like to take a moment to point out that the party that regularly gets *outraged* that anyone is registering people who have been convicted of a crime to VOTE may end up running up to four convicted criminals for office this cycle.

(Arpaio
Blankenship
Grimm
Gianforte)
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:08 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

In the early morning Tweeting hours Trump apparently saw something on the internet or somewhere about a FISA act vote coming up today. And of course, since someone had told him before that members of his campaign had been targetted by FISA warrants he immediately lashed out in a rant about the bill.

“House votes on controversial FISA ACT today.” This is the act that may have been used, with the help of the discredited and phony Dossier, to so badly surveil and abuse the Trump Campaign by the previous administration and others?"

Tick.... tock.... 2hrs later apparently his staff has seen he tweeted and run over and explained "Umm, Mr. President, this is *our* party's bill and we kind of want it to pass..."

NEW TWEET!

"With that being said, I have personally directed the fix to the unmasking process since taking office and today’s vote is about foreign surveillance of foreign bad guys on foreign land. We need it! Get smart!"

(And if you believe he "personally directed" anything on this let's go take a look at this lovely bridge...)
Post by Annachie   » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:38 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

One of our more, interesting, tv stations down here in Oz is showing something weird on Sunday.

The Ghan.

17 hours of what is basically a camera mounted on the front of a train that runs from Adelaide to Darwin.

Literally 17 hours of this:
https://youtu.be/eiG3ipuB0Sw

The 3 hour version they did the other week pulled some of the stations best ratings.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Annachie   » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:04 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Watching old 1960's Batman.

Season 2, ep 17.
Hizonner the Penguin.

Proof of being able to forsee the future.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by cthia   » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:06 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Oh shit! Ten minutes to live!

Do I bother wiping myself?

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by cthia   » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:20 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:One of our more, interesting, tv stations down here in Oz is showing something weird on Sunday.

The Ghan.

17 hours of what is basically a camera mounted on the front of a train that runs from Adelaide to Darwin.

Literally 17 hours of this:
https://youtu.be/eiG3ipuB0Sw

The 3 hour version they did the other week pulled some of the stations best ratings.

Actually Annachie, I think this is pretty darn cool. I have a very large screen tv and several smaller ones scattered about the house. I like playing odds and ends video footage when entertaining. It helps break the ice and it's the kind of footage that doesn't require your attention, but can catch the eye and spark conversation. I've contacted a friend in Aussie to get the footage.

I have a friend who owns a pad at One57 and he has a very expensive, one inch thick tv set in the $200,000 range and he would love to get this footage too. We call it MOOD TV.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Annachie   » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:31 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

One of the bits I caught was when the train got to Alice Springs.

It was interesting to see the changes since I was last there, around 30 years ago.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to Politics