Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by Joat42   » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:15 pm

Joat42
Admiral

smr wrote:Considering that most nominees have been stalled by the Democrats obstructionism. Look how many appointments that have been delayed because We Hate Trump crowd. (I am including some Republicans within this crowd!)

Annachie wrote:After TWO years, there's finally a US ambassador to Australia.

To quote one reporter: "Australia is about the only US ally that Trump likes"

:)

It's hard to obstruct nominations that doesn't exist...

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by smr   » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:47 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Shows how much your paying attention to how the Senate works...I get it your foreigner and your just not paying attention. Look how many Federal Judge appointments that are being slow walked through the Senate. What about all those other appointments that are waiting to be filled. Hmmm...Recess Appointments come to mind. I wonder if magically a bunch of Judge ships and other appointments are going to be filled after this shutdown. Just thinking aloud on the forum!
Post by Joat42   » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:45 pm

Joat42
Admiral

smr wrote:Shows how much your paying attention to how the Senate works...I get it your foreigner and your just not paying attention. Look how many Federal Judge appointments that are being slow walked through the Senate. What about all those other appointments that are waiting to be filled. Hmmm...Recess Appointments come to mind. I wonder if magically a bunch of Judge ships and other appointments are going to be filled after this shutdown. Just thinking aloud on the forum!

That means that the republicans knew they where going to lose the majority in the midterms, doesn't it?

Because that's the only reason why they would slow walk the nominations so Trump could get the recess appointments they wanted until the end of 2020? There couldn't be any other reason for the missing nominations, right?

And this, it's not like some would come up with the bright idea to use pro forma sessions to avoid Senate recess to be in effect...

---

Post by smr   » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:22 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

They have been doing these tactics from day one. Unfortunately the Republicans do not do what the Demoncrats do. I give the Demons credits they are much better organized and vote mostly as a body with few exceptions.

Joat42 wrote:
smr wrote:Shows how much your paying attention to how the Senate works...I get it your foreigner and your just not paying attention. Look how many Federal Judge appointments that are being slow walked through the Senate. What about all those other appointments that are waiting to be filled. Hmmm...Recess Appointments come to mind. I wonder if magically a bunch of Judge ships and other appointments are going to be filled after this shutdown. Just thinking aloud on the forum!

That means that the republicans knew they where going to lose the majority in the midterms, doesn't it?

Because that's the only reason why they would slow walk the nominations so Trump could get the recess appointments they wanted until the end of 2020? There couldn't be any other reason for the missing nominations, right?

And this, it's not like some would come up with the bright idea to use pro forma sessions to avoid Senate recess to be in effect...
Post by Annachie   » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:53 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Kinda true smr, but then they learned that from the GOP.

But last I checked, which was a few months ago, less than a third of the vacancies had nominations.

Less than a third.

A problem exacerbated by Trump who fired people immediately instead of cycling through them as is usual.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by smr   » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:50 am

smr
Vice Admiral

True...downsizing! Some of those posts are being permanently removed. I suspect this continued lockout will be the excuse he uses to terminate those positions.

Annachie wrote:Kinda true smr, but then they learned that from the GOP.

But last I checked, which was a few months ago, less than a third of the vacancies had nominations.

Less than a third.

A problem exacerbated by Trump who fired people immediately instead of cycling through them as is usual.
Post by Joat42   » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:27 pm

Joat42
Admiral

smr wrote:They have been doing these tactics from day one. Unfortunately the Republicans do not do what the Demoncrats do. I give the Demons credits they are much better organized and vote mostly as a body with few exceptions.

The Republicans had the majority for 14 months so the democrats couldn't have used that tactic from day 1.

What really happened is that Trump and the GOP couldn't give a shit about seeing to the nominations unless it was for positions they wanted their handpicked guys to have. Then when the democrats has a chance to do something about the vacancies they are suddenly the bad guys?!

---

Post by smr   » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:36 am

smr
Vice Admiral

To pass everything in Senate takes 60 votes! The exception is the Supreme Court (just 50 votes)any questions on that ask Chuck (sorry for the error of Nancy)!

Joat42 wrote:
smr wrote:They have been doing these tactics from day one. Unfortunately the Republicans do not do what the Demoncrats do. I give the Demons credits they are much better organized and vote mostly as a body with few exceptions.

The Republicans had the majority for 14 months so the democrats couldn't have used that tactic from day 1.

What really happened is that Trump and the GOP couldn't give a shit about seeing to the nominations unless it was for positions they wanted their handpicked guys to have. Then when the democrats has a chance to do something about the vacancies they are suddenly the bad guys?!
Last edited by smr on Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post by Eyal   » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:59 am

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

smr wrote:To pass everything in Senate takes 60 votes! The exception is the Supreme Court (just 50 votes)any questions on that ask Nancy!

What does Pelosi have to do with Senate nominations?
Post by smr   » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:49 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Eyal wrote:
smr wrote:To pass everything in Senate takes 60 votes! The exception is the Supreme Court (just 50 votes)any questions on that ask Nancy!

What does Pelosi have to do with Senate nominations?

Corrected the statement: should be Chuck! My bad!

Return to Politics