Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by Annachie   » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:44 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:53 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

I think we got it the first time. Posting it twice more was not necessary.
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Annachie   » Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:44 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Site was lagging up horendously and managed the tripple on it's own.
Didn't know it had happened until a day later.

It happens sometimes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Annachie   » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:50 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Well the court of disputed returns came back today with a ruling.

Deputy Prime Minister, out. Illegally elected.
Though given he is in the lower house and a damn safe seat he will no doubt win the bye-election.

Four of the six Senators, out.
One safe because it appears the learned judges couldn't make heads nor tails of Italian citizenship laws and thought it unfair to expect a mere politician to. (Or so I hope :) )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Joat42   » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:07 am

Joat42
Admiral

Annachie wrote:Well the court of disputed returns came back today with a ruling.

Though given he is in the lower house and a damn safe seat he will no doubt win the bye-election.

One safe because it appears the learned judges couldn't make heads nor tails of Italian citizenship laws and thought it unfair to expect a mere politician to. (Or so I hope :) )

It seems all governments are more or less populated by clowns these days. It's far between politicians that actually work for the good of the public and even farther between civil servants that aren't out to protect their little fiefdoms with any means possible.

I love Juice Medias satire videos on the Australian government, but now it seems some of the politicians are getting a bit aggravated and going after them: Honest Government Advert: War on Satire

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Michael Everett   » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:06 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Apparently, the Catalan Parliament has just voted for independence from Spain while the Spanish parliament has approved direct rule over the Catalonian region.

Given the violence which happened during the non-binding/illegal vote, anyone else think we're going to witness a nasty bout of The Troubles, Spanish Style?

After all, Spain has an army that they can bring to bear while Catalonia doesn't even have a militia...

Whatever happens, things will be... interesting.
~~~~~~

Post by cthia   » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:58 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Joat42 wrote:
Annachie wrote:Well the court of disputed returns came back today with a ruling.

It seems all governments are more or less populated by clowns these days. It's far between politicians that actually work for the good of the public and even farther between civil servants that aren't out to protect their little fiefdoms with any means possible.

I love Juice Medias satire videos on the Australian government, but now it seems some of the politicians are getting a bit aggravated and going after them: Honest Government Advert: War on Satire

Seems only fitting, since politics has become a circus. LOL

Laughing to keep from crying... more.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by biochem   » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:40 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

cthia wrote:It is obvious to me that there was Russian interference in the election. One simply has to open ones eyes to see it. Surely enough, in this case, "Where there's smoke, there's fire."

Look at all of the better than circumstantial evidence. Why else would Russia spend that much money on 3,000+ American ads?

Then there are the Twitter accounts.

And the story just keeps on going.

Temper it all with this and your eyes should see, lest completely blind and naively jaded. American citizens used to be a little less gullible.

What is also obvious to me, is that even if evidence is found, chances are good that the American people will never be told. It taints the election process too much and if the American people lose faith in the system, it fails. Much more so than the Recount fiasco ever threatened to do. The truth will never come out. But if one has eyes, one sees.

I have never understood standing behind ones choice of presidents out of sheer arrogance and pride, but this is much bigger than any president, or ones pride.

Wake up and smell the tainted coffee. And the tainted beans.

There is no shame in placing country above party.

And that is why we need a special prosecuter investigating Hilary Clinton for colluding with Russia.
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:24 am

gcomeau
Admiral

biochem wrote:And that is why we need a special prosecuter investigating Hilary Clinton for colluding with Russia.

Is there no end to this infantile bullshit from the right? Seriously?

The entire US intelligence community has concluded with high confidence the Russians launched a cyber and intelligence warfare campaign directed at disrupting the US election and swinging the vote to Trump. Whose campaign and associates were *infested* with people with highly suspect ties and contacts to Russia and spent the last year having lie after lie about it exposed

"We need to investigate Hillary Clinton! Because... reasons!"

FFS.
Post by Michael Everett   » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:24 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
biochem wrote:And that is why we need a special prosecuter investigating Hilary Clinton for colluding with Russia.

Is there no end to this infantile bullshit from the right? Seriously?

The entire US intelligence community has concluded with high confidence the Russians launched a cyber and intelligence warfare campaign directed at disrupting the US election and swinging the vote to Trump. Whose campaign and associates were *infested* with people with highly suspect ties and contacts to Russia and spent the last year having lie after lie about it exposed

"We need to investigate Hillary Clinton! Because... reasons!"

FFS.

It's obvious. Both of them need to be investigated.

Never happen, though. Too many skeletons in a certain person's closet...
~~~~~~

Return to Politics