Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 27 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by cthia   » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:49 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Did Donald divorce Ivana because her breast implants felt all wrong? Really? LOL

That poor woman. You're better off without that Nfantile MBecile!

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Annachie   » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:48 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

What, beyond the literally dozens of investigations into Hillary Clinton that have already happened?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:32 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:
gcomeau wrote:
Is there no end to this infantile bullshit from the right? Seriously?

The entire US intelligence community has concluded with high confidence the Russians launched a cyber and intelligence warfare campaign directed at disrupting the US election and swinging the vote to Trump. Whose campaign and associates were *infested* with people with highly suspect ties and contacts to Russia and spent the last year having lie after lie about it exposed

"We need to investigate Hillary Clinton! Because... reasons!"

FFS.

It's obvious. Both of them need to be investigated.

Never happen, though. Too many skeletons in a certain person's closet...

All the GOP Congress seems capable of doing is investigating Clinton.... and finding nothing because there's nothing there (beyond the usual level of political corruption involving being too beholden to special interests). It's been their number one pastime.
Post by pappilon   » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:21 am

pappilon
Rear Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
SNIP

FFS.

Michael Everett wrote:It's obvious. Both of them need to be investigated.

Never happen, though. Too many skeletons in a certain person's closet...

gcomeau wrote: All the GOP Congress seems capable of doing is investigating Clinton.... and finding nothing because there's nothing there (beyond the usual level of political corruption involving being too beholden to special interests). It's been their number one pastime.

#1 pastime, #1favorite whipping girl, #1 goto for whipping the masses to slavering paroxysms of hatred. #1 guaranteed way to distract the faithful from the hypocrisy and betrayals of their party.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The imagination has to be trained into foresight and empathy.
Ursula K. LeGuinn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by cthia   » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:15 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

I'm confused. Aren't prostitutes paid to go down. Aren't the world's best divers at home diving in the biggest oceans? Aren't prostitutes keen on diving? I could do this all day.

On a serious note. I can imagine the strain, tension and stuffiness of a prolonged sub duty without fresh air and sunlight confined in tight spaces. My first thought is that a healthy reward for the men got out of hand. The crews are probably being put through their paces off the coast of North Korea.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Tenshinai   » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:16 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

Annachie wrote:Of course people used fake facebook accounts for political gain.

It's well known. Australian poli's tend to use Indian or Pakistani companies.

The Trump campaign used a Russian one.

Except google's internal investigation of this found that nope, that was bullshit.
The fake accounts were in the US, created there and accessed from there, without trace of proxies.

But of course, that official report seems to have mostly been ignored by media, obviously not newsworthy when someone inside facebook claimed otherwise, again, despite those claims having been the exact ones google investigated.

How very strange.
Post by Tenshinai   » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:22 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

gcomeau wrote:

The entire US intelligence community has concluded with high confidence the Russians launched a cyber and intelligence warfare campaign directed at disrupting the US election and swinging the vote to Trump. Whose campaign and associates were *infested* with people with highly suspect ties and contacts to Russia and spent the last year having lie after lie about it exposed

FFS.

Yes, the "entire community"...

So, when Poland created its "cyber warfare unit" fairly recently the comments on it internally was that it was really a means of controlling their own citizen, forced through by exploiting the fake news about Russian hacking and interference etc, they were just dreaming right...

This came from various people inside the polish opposition and the intelligence community, both with insight into said community.
"why prepare for something that never actually happened" was one comment casting suspicions on exactly why the government wanted the VERY expensive addition to the military.

And in case you still didn't understand, personally i wouldn't care if Russia DID interfere, it would just be well deserved considering how many elections in other nations USA have screwed over in the last 70+ years.
But the more fake news is normalised, the more it hurts everyone.
Post by Annachie   » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:58 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

The chief of staff, John Kelly, basically said an inability to compromise led to the US civil war.

Slavery is an isue that there's no real compromise on, and the issue that caused the civil war.

So the US chief of staff is basically saying slavery is OK.

Think about that for a moment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:42 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Tenshinai wrote:
gcomeau wrote:

FFS.

Yes, the "entire community"...

Yep. That's right.

<snip conspiracy theorizing>
Post by biochem   » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:28 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:The chief of staff, John Kelly, basically said an inability to compromise led to the US civil war.

Slavery is an isue that there's no real compromise on, and the issue that caused the civil war.

So the US chief of staff is basically saying slavery is OK.

Think about that for a moment.

In 20/20 hindsight it would have been a lot cheaper to organize a massive buyout and pay off the slave owners. And millions of people wouldn't have been dead. That solution would have been impossible at the time without the foreknowledge of what was to come. It never occurred to either side that the war would be anything but Short and Victorious.

Return to Politics