Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by Annachie   » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:51 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Eyal, from memory the phrasing is "entitled to the rights and privledges..."

This particular case sounds bogus, but it could come down to specific countries and their laws. Actually it did in one case where I believe the Australian courts decided that the couldn't make heads nor tails of Italian citizenship law and found it unreasonable to expect a Senator too. :)

More fun. The recounts happen today (they are stored electronically and publ7c domain so the news organisatiins have already done them)
One new winner is now ineligible though likely hand waved to be OK, and one elected Senator should loose their seat and be replaced though the courts are likely to ignore that as beyond the realms of the case.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Annachie   » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:54 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:...so what's to stop Russia and/or the USA from awarding citizenship to Australian Politicians that they dislike, thus forcing them out of office?
The check is at the time of nomination.
Said politician could renounce and be fine.

Since the standard is reasonable steps to renounce, the courts could also find said actions fall into unreasonable, or that attemps to renounce are fine if the they are being blocked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Annachie   » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:15 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Modern air is a little to clean for Optimum health
Last edited by Annachie on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by gcomeau   » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:21 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Annachie wrote:

Maybe the EPA fired all those science advisors as a protection measure to keep their brains from liquefying when exposed to the weaponized levels of stupid of the incoming team?
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:11 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

My sister rang me after texting me a link and said to me "Your niece is furious because of this."

Tierney says to me "You can't say 'Fuck the president?' This administration is a joke! What happened to the woman's free speech? The woman wasn't even talking. Besides, she could have been measuring the wind of political change."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by biochem   » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:26 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:

Actually it's a daily common discussion in immunology that modern life as a whole may be too clean for optimum human health. That is one of the hypothesizes about the rise of autoimmune disorders.
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:37 am

gcomeau
Admiral

biochem wrote:
Annachie wrote:Modern air is a little to clean for Optimum health

Actually it's a daily common discussion in immunology that modern life as a whole may be too clean for optimum human health. That is one of the hypothesizes about the rise of autoimmune disorders.

Which is NOT talking about general environmental air quality, but overly antiseptic conditions in some living environments.

Not what this moron was trying to argue. HE is trying to argue air pollution in general just doesn't matter.

They're deliberately picking fringe crackpots who are going to argue for no environmental protection standards.
Post by Annachie   » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:39 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

biochem wrote:
Annachie wrote:[quote]Modern air is a little to clean for Optimum health

Actually it's a daily common discussion in immunology that modern life as a whole may be too clean for optimum human health. That is one of the hypothesizes about the rise of autoimmune disorders.[/quote]Those discussions are not refering to clean air.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by cthia   » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:05 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:
biochem wrote:Actually it's a daily common discussion in immunology that modern life as a whole may be too clean for optimum human health. That is one of the hypothesizes about the rise of autoimmune disorders.
Annachie wrote:Those discussions are not refering to clean air.

They are referring to things like the overuse of sanitizers to the improper use of probiotics to the abuse of antibiotics to the over sterilization of a baby's environment. And a human's. Clean air is hardly suspect. I'm a Civil Engineer. Cleaner air is always a goal. Dirty air affects not only humans, but the planet. It is a vehicle of global warming -- which can get rather involved.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by gcomeau   » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:28 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Trump started his speech to the South Korean General Assembly 20mins late while the entire Assembly waited for him because... he was *still working on his speech*.

This isn't an 8th grade book report, how the hell do you not have that speech ready far in advance???

Return to Politics