Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by n7axw   » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:46 pm

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:To change the subject, what are your thoughts on the Nashville E-mail revelations re Covid 19?

National Review* story here
*Have never used this website before, not currently aware of what biases it has.

Just curious as to how (relatively) low numbers required an actual lockdown rather than a warning/distance-keeping orders...

The National Review is pretty conservative on most stuff. I am a bit skeptical of the low numbers. They really don't make sense least for bars jammed full of people, esp. if they are not wearing masks which I am afraid is all too often the case. The restaurants I have patronized lately have made provisions for social distancing with the staff wearing masks. I can see where that would would produce lower numbers without being completely risk free.

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by Annachie   » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:51 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

https://www.facebook.com/14530225449316 ... 494744711/

Tim Smith, a state LNP (ie:right wing) mp posted a blatantly rigged facebook poll about whether the state Premier (right wing) should keep his job.

Currently running 90% that the Premier should keep his job.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Joat42   » Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:44 am

Joat42
Admiral

This is.. disturbing...
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... -education

Trump took particular aim at “critical race theory,” a methodology that argues racism and racial inequality are a result of systemic power structures. Trump called it a “Marxist doctrine” and said teaching it to children amounts to “a form of child abuse in the truest sense of the word.”

Why do that statement remind me of the early campaign-speeches and doctrines of the Nationalsozialistische Partei in the early 30's ???

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:55 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Fervent anti-masker who publicly claimed that the WHO and the CDC were running a huge covid conspiracy died age 57.

Anyone wanna guess what he died from? Anybody?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Arol   » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:47 am

Arol
Captain of the List

Annachie wrote:Fervent anti-masker who publicly claimed that the WHO and the CDC were running a huge covid conspiracy died age 57.

Stupidity / Gullibility? :?:

Not the first; and by the scenes from the B.O.M.’s election rallies where face masks and social distancing is almost seen as an anathema, by no means the last! :(
Post by n7axw   » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:53 am

n7axw
Fleet Admiral

Arol wrote:
Annachie wrote:Fervent anti-masker who publicly claimed that the WHO and the CDC were running a huge covid conspiracy died age 57.

Stupidity / Gullibility? :?:

Not the first; and by the scenes from the B.O.M.’s election rallies where face masks and social distancing is almost seen as an anathema, by no means the last! :(

All I know for sure is that October is going to be a loonngg month... :(

Don

-
When any group seeks political power in God's name, both religion and politics are instantly corrupted.
Post by isaac_newton   » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:51 am

isaac_newton
Rear Admiral

n7axw wrote:SNIP

All I know for sure is that October is going to be a loonngg month... :(

Don

-

I'm surprised that Trump hasn't declared [by presidential decree] October is four years long!! :o
Post by Annachie   » Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:40 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

"(FBI) Agents foiled a stunning plot to kidnap Michigan Democratic Governor Gretchen Whitmer, authorities say, in announcing charges in an alleged scheme that involved months of planning and even rehearsals to snatch her from her vacation home."

A right wing militia group who planned to kidnap her and hold a mock treason trial.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Daryl   » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:55 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

This fits perfectly with the 2nd amendment ethos that is esposed by many in the US, and (before they left us) many of the regular commentators on here. It was apparently quite ethical to use firearms to kill politicians to overturn a democratically elected government, if you disagreed with it. I had some memorable exchanges on here with people who couldn't grasp that armed insurrection was viewed as a serious crime everywhere, but some sections of the US

Annachie wrote:"(FBI) Agents foiled a stunning plot to kidnap Michigan Democratic Governor Gretchen Whitmer, authorities say, in announcing charges in an alleged scheme that involved months of planning and even rehearsals to snatch her from her vacation home."

A right wing militia group who planned to kidnap her and hold a mock treason trial.
Post by Joat42   » Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:37 am

Joat42
Admiral

Annachie wrote:"(FBI) Agents foiled a stunning plot to kidnap Michigan Democratic Governor Gretchen Whitmer, authorities say, in announcing charges in an alleged scheme that involved months of planning and even rehearsals to snatch her from her vacation home."

I think the biggest problem with that particular group is not that they are on the right, it's that they are radicalized and willing to use force on those they disagree with. Don't think it would matter if their target is on the right or on the left if that person said something they vehemently disagree with.

In the end, it doesn't matter at which end of the political spectrum a radicalized group is, since all that matters to them is that they know that they are right and are willing to use force to get what they want.

---
Jack of all trades and destructive tinkerer.

Anyone who have simple solutions for complex problems is a fool.

Return to Politics