Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Stuff you just can't make up

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Stuff you just can't make up
Post by dscott8   » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:04 am

dscott8
Commodore

Annachie wrote:Half way through the weekly shopping and I swear I'm spending more on food for the pets than the two adults and five kids still at home. :(

I seem to recall an article I read some time back that said the US spends more on pets than it does on homeless veterans. Can't find the citation now, but if true, it's a sobering thought.
Post by Imaginos1892   » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:07 am

Imaginos1892
Rear Admiral

dscott8 wrote:I seem to recall an article I read some time back that said the US spends more on pets than it does on homeless veterans. Can't find the citation now, but if true, it's a sobering thought.

It's just numbers. According to Google there are about 180 million pet cats, dogs and birds in the US, and about 41,000 homeless veterans. Add in all the horses, snakes, fish, turtles, rabbits, lizards, hamsters and whatnot and there are easily 5,000 times as many pets as homeless veterans. If we spent $100 a year on each pet, and $400,000 on each homeless veteran, the pets still win.
———————————
Governments can only print money; they can't make it worth anything. They CAN make it worth nothing.
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:28 am

gcomeau
Admiral

Trumpster Brand Christian moral leadership (paraphrasing)... "guys guys guys,.... what's a little torture and murder of a US resident journalist when we have an arms deal on the line here?"

You know, like Jesus would have said. :roll:

https://www.vox.com/2018/10/17/17990268 ... ump-crisis
Post by smr   » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:30 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

https://files.catbox.moe/l2tlsr.jpg

The new Hilary Rodham Clinton Wing at Gitmo! I wonder if this picture has anything to do with Senator Graham asking Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh about military Tribunals when they can be used for civilians! Opps! Just thinking aloud!
Post by Daryl   » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:41 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

Well it does seem that the US is unique among developed first world countries in having some legal and political aspects of third world shit holes. So it may as well become a military dictatorship. Where the military can detain citizens.

smr wrote:https://files.catbox.moe/l2tlsr.jpg

The new Hilary Rodham Clinton Wing at Gitmo! I wonder if this picture has anything to do with Senator Graham asking Supreme Court Justice Kavanaugh about military Tribunals when they can be used for civilians! Opps! Just thinking aloud!
Post by smr   » Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:55 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Daryl: Look up Senator Graham asked Supreme Court Kavanaugh during his scotus nomination. They are very enlightening about US law. It's on you-tube and the video is about 5 minutes long. Next, reference the Executive Order by President Trump that updates the UMCJ regulation starting January 1, 2019. Last, reference the Executive Order that allows seizure of all assets of pedophiles (human trafficers) and political corruption. FYI: the person that clued me into what was happening was an Aussie and that was about a year ago in October 2017!

Daryl wrote:Well it does seem that the US is unique among developed first world countries in having some legal and political aspects of third world shit holes. So it may as well become a military dictatorship. Where the military can detain citizens.

smr wrote:https://files.catbox.moe/l2tlsr.jpg

Post by Daryl   » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:49 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

smr, rather than regurgitate what you wrote, I'd like to ask what has it to do with what I posted? I didn't mention pedophiles at all. Just the concept that the military has authority over civilian citizens, that is only held in military dictatorships.
Post by Michael Everett   » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:46 pm

Michael Everett
Admiral

Given smr's tendency to repeat random stuff, I find myself wondering if there is any truth to a certain meme...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by smr   » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:09 pm

smr
Vice Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:Given smr's tendency to repeat random stuff, I find myself wondering if there is any truth to a certain meme...

3 AND A QUARTER STARS OUT OF 5 STARS, The video made me laugh! Humor is what makes life bearable.
Post by Annachie   » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:55 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)

Return to Politics