Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests

Government inefficiency in the U.S.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Government inefficiency in the U.S.
Post by BobfromSydney   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:50 am

BobfromSydney
Commander

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfG5oxQAoKs

Another typical example of the government's inefficiency. So many people (including a helicopter) to take care of one little problem. At this rate the 'black problem' will take centuries to solve. It would be much faster to just round them all up and put them into gas chambers right?

</disappointed sarcasm>

Further background information:
Terence Crutcher was an unarmed 40 year old father of four. His car broke down while he was driving home and is consequently stuck in the middle of the road.
Re: Government inefficiency in the U.S.
Post by Daryl   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:26 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

The video that I saw had a sound track from the helo that showed that they thought he was a danger because he was big and black. So that indicates to me the problem is systemic.
What was that statistic of innocent Americans killed by Islamic terrorists versus illegally killed by police, 50-1?
BobfromSydney wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfG5oxQAoKs

Another typical example of the government's inefficiency. So many people (including a helicopter) to take care of one little problem. At this rate the 'black problem' will take centuries to solve. It would be much faster to just round them all up and put them into gas chambers right?

</disappointed sarcasm>

Further background information:
Terence Crutcher was an unarmed 40 year old father of four. His car broke down while he was driving home and is consequently stuck in the middle of the road.
Post by BobfromSydney   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:43 am

BobfromSydney
Commander

Daryl:

Yeah I fully agree with you.

I saw the helicopter footage too: "He looks like a bad dude"

Reasonably dressed, hands up in the air, surrounded by police. Not doing anything violent or acting aggressively. What does "He looks like a bad dude" mean? It means he's got dark skin. It's not murder if you're wearing a badge right?
Post by Annachie   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:20 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

It's almost a self fulfiling prophecy.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by BobfromSydney   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:21 pm

BobfromSydney
Commander

Annachie wrote:It's almost a self fulfiling prophecy.

I'm reminded of a certain scene from South Park where the hunters excuse themselves by shouting 'It's coming right for us' before shooting any animal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt6kKhlX8vU

It's not so funny when I realise cops are doing this and shooting human beings. :cry:
Post by DDHv   » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:29 am

DDHv
Captain of the List

BobfromSydney wrote:
Annachie wrote:It's almost a self fulfiling prophecy.

I'm reminded of a certain scene from South Park where the hunters excuse themselves by shouting 'It's coming right for us' before shooting any animal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt6kKhlX8vU

It's not so funny when I realise cops are doing this and shooting human beings. :cry:

From: http://constitution.com/ron-paul-solve- ... n-problem/

How to tackle the real immigration problem? Eliminate incentives for those who would come here to live off the rest of us, and make it easier and more rational for those who wish to come here legally to contribute to our economy. No walls, no government databases, no biometric national ID cards. But not a penny in welfare for immigrants. It’s really that simple.

Does centralized control really solve any problem, or does it often make it worse? Someone commented that if a people refuse to control themselves, they get a dictator who takes charge. A dictator can make bigger, sometimes worse, mistakes than any private individual is able to
:!:

From: http://constitution.com/do-i-have-the-r ... -be-wrong/

Today it’s popular to blame the youth for everything and call them useless and idiots… Most of them support Bernie Sanders, right? Jonathon completely disagrees and asks one simple question. What percentage of people under the age of 25 today have had real freedom explained to them?

A good point. One valuable function of parents is to explain things to their kids. I still remember Dad's explanation of addiction, given me when he caught me sniffing glue! It has kept me out of much trouble and reduced probable expenses also.

Everyone will be wrong at times. :shock: Should we ever test our ideas against reality, and how should we do it
:?:
Douglas Hvistendahl
Retired technical nerd

Dumb mistakes are very irritating.
Smart mistakes go on forever
Unless you test your assumptions!
Post by RedBaron   » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:21 am

RedBaron

The REALLY screwy thing is - in spite of clear evidence that the person was NOT armed or doing anything wrong - quite a few people rush to defend the cop's obviously criminal actions!

:shock:
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:04 pm

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

RedBaron wrote:The REALLY screwy thing is - in spite of clear evidence that the person was NOT armed or doing anything wrong - quite a few people rush to defend the cop's obviously criminal actions!

:shock:

it is a shame that we are trying to change the ordering principle of our society. Is "equality before the law" such a bad principle? We are now trying t change it to either "individual worth should be decided by 'The Marketplace'," or, alternately "law and order"

"Law and Order" as the ordering principle of a society always leads to dictatorship. Not sure I want The Donald [or any other corporate entity] to decide what I am worth as a person.
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Post by DDHv   » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:07 pm

DDHv
Captain of the List

Blanchard, Olivier, and Roberto Perotti, "An Empirical Characterization of the Dynamic Effects of Changes in Government Spending and Taxes on Output," Quarterly Journal of Economics (2008)
Ilzetzki, Ethan, Enrique G. Mendoza, and Carlos A. Vegh Gramont "How Big (Small?) Are Fiscal Multipliers?" International Monetary Fund working paper (2011)
Dupor, William, and Rodrigo Guerrero "Does Government Spending Create Jobs, Even During Recessions?" The Regional Economist (2016)
Perotti and Roberto "Estimating the Effects of Fiscal Policy in OECD Countries," IGIER working paper 276 (2004)

The title is "There is a 100% Chance of Recession Next Year."

I hope they are wrong. The articles they mention are about empirical studies showing the multiplier for government borrowing and spending is negative. They waste much of the capital they borrow and invest.

Who would have thought it? ;)

Which makes the biggest problem for an economy? When an individual or small group fouls up, or when a corporate or government bureaucrat controlling a large portion of the economy goofs
Douglas Hvistendahl
Retired technical nerd

Dumb mistakes are very irritating.
Smart mistakes go on forever
Unless you test your assumptions!
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:16 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

DDHv wrote: (massive snip)

Which makes the biggest problem for an economy? When an individual or small group fouls up, or when a corporate or government bureaucrat controlling a large portion of the economy goofs

I fail to see the difference. Usually it is a small group within a bureaucracy (government or non)that make a massive mistake. Then the bureaucracy takes over defending itself, digging in and multiplies the original error instead of trying to repair the damage. Or... i could be wrong.
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.

Return to Politics