Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests

Duckk said take Mrs Clinton\not in jail here.

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Duckk said take Mrs Clinton\not in jail here.
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:12 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

Hillary Clinton is not in jail because ...
... she has not committed a crime.

No matter what partisan Republicans love to say!

Howard Wilkins, Pointy-Headed Liberal
Re: Duckk said take Mrs Clinton\not in jail here.
Post by dscott8   » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:48 pm

dscott8
Commodore

So why is Trump NOT in jail? Al Capone was done for tax evasion.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:59 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Trump is a trickier case.

A cursory look says he has in fact commited crimes. Not counting some way out there alledged crimes.
Though not necessarily crimes that get persued or punished in America, let alone bring jail time.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Lord Skimper   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:52 am

Lord Skimper
Vice Admiral

DNC is a private club which can change its rules as it wishes. Breaking or changing rules is not a crime any more than having a house rule of taking the garbage out before midnight but then taking it out in the morning. A clear rules violation. Off to jail? Of course not. Having people vote for your head of household, gees that sounds like that tv show i try not to watch, rigging that vote is not a criminal offense. DNC is a private organisation, not a business which has rules but a private club that can change anything it wants.
Post by BobfromSydney   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:20 am

BobfromSydney
Commander

I think the HRC > Jail thing is not about the efforts by the DNC to squeeze out Bernie Sanders. I think it's actually about the private e-mail server she maintained when she was Secretary of State. The point being that there were rules/regulations that all official government business should be conducted using official government e-mail addresses so that records can be kept for purposes of accountability/transparency. An independent investigator appointed by Obama found that HRC was NOT authorised to have a private e-mail server (despite claims to the contrary by her/her campaign).

As Honorverse fans we can all appreciate how an unscrupulous SecState (I'm not accusing HRC here, I'm talking about Giancola) can fiddle or hide official communications and what impacts that may have.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:27 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

It is about the email. But then John Kerry is the first one NOT to do it aparently. For those that we count as having email that is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by dscott8   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:23 am

dscott8
Commodore

Annachie wrote:It is about the email. But then John Kerry is the first one NOT to do it aparently. For those that we count as having email that is.

The email issue has been investigated by:

* The House Select Committee on Benghazi
* The FBI
* The State department Inspector General

After public hearings, it was decided that Clinton was negligent and exercised poor judgement, but was not criminally culpable. Despite this, the alt-right continues to chant "Lock her up!" at every opportunity, including most Trump rallies. Yet they ignore the documented facts that Trump has used charity dollars for personal purposes, including payment of legal penalties assessed against him and making personal purchases. These are crimes under the US Tax Code. He also used money from "his" charities, which bear his name but to which he does not donate, to give $25,000 to Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi's re-election campaign, after which she dropped her intention to join in fraud lawsuits against Trump University, based on 22 legitimate complaints filed with her office by Florida citizens whom she is obliged to defend and represent. Bribery of a public official is a felony.

Lock WHO up?
Post by noblehunter   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:47 am

noblehunter
Captain (Junior Grade)

I really wish that the system was trustworthy enough that the absence of prosecution (and conviction) actually implied the absence of criminal activity.
Post by PeterZ   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:58 am

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

noblehunter wrote:I really wish that the system was trustworthy enough that the absence of prosecution (and conviction) actually implied the absence of criminal activity.

That is truly at issue here. Lack of trustworthiness. Its not just the right that don't believe no criminal activity occurred.
Post by gcomeau   » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:26 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:
noblehunter wrote:I really wish that the system was trustworthy enough that the absence of prosecution (and conviction) actually implied the absence of criminal activity.

That is truly at issue here. Lack of trustworthiness. Its not just the right that don't believe no criminal activity occurred.

But it is only the right that uses the suspicion of criminal activity on Clinton's behalf as a rationalization for overlooking the certainty of criminal activity by Trump...

Return to Politics