Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Climate

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Climate
Post by Tenshinai   » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:19 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

"Experts." Bah. According to many of them the Medieval warming period didn't happen and neither did the mini-ice age of the late 1700s - early 1800s.

That´s because they didn´t. Outside of Europe. Or more specifically, outside of certain parts of the Earth.

It wasn't until a couple of years ago they finally admitted they didn't take solar variability into account and more recently variations in our planet's orbit around Sol. How many other factors do they need to recognize but don't?

Uh, that´s not true. They have continually had to correct a lot of factors in modelling to get closer to correctly modelling how much and get better detail on their influences, but i KNOW for a fact that solar variability and orbits were taken into account for the first time back in the 60s or earlier.

Before it was even much of a science.

Also, the not so funny thing right now?
According to the largest known nonhuman factors, like solar variability and Earth orbit variations, we should currently see a distinct cooling for several years now.
Instead the only thing noticed is slower warming.

Which "greenhouse gases" are they referring to?

All of them. When used as monolithic unconditional statement, it´s usually referring to all of them.

These "experts" are doing nothing more than guessing because they cannot even get their models to work properly, and that is because half the temperature "measurements" they use are actually "estimates," not direct measurements and the fact that they don't begin to understand how half of the variables they need to account for work.

Incorrect. You shouldn´t listen too closely to the oil industry shills.
Cuz, you know funny thing? The oil industry researchers figured out that global warming was happening in the 70s and 80s.
And that their products were among the big culprits. They didn´t like that, so suddenly they were paying a big chunk of people to disprove their own previous research.
Still ongoing today.
Post by Daryl   » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:42 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I do know the difference between weather and climate, but our last year's weather patterns do indicate that the times they are a changing.
Our mountain city had a maximum temperature up to this year of 38 degrees, so we got a 40 degree, then that was beaten by a 41.5 degree. After a record run of temperatures we have just now participated in a record weather event. Tropical cyclone Debbie cat 4 crossed our state's northern coast doing record damage (destruction zone was 100 kms across), turned into a rain depression that has now left floods 2000 kilometres long over two states. We have had Cat 5 storms before but they were narrowly focused and caused less damage.
Post by Tenshinai   » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:10 am

Tenshinai
Admiral

Daryl wrote:I do know the difference between weather and climate, but our last year's weather patterns do indicate that the times they are a changing.
Our mountain city had a maximum temperature up to this year of 38 degrees, so we got a 40 degree, then that was beaten by a 41.5 degree. After a record run of temperatures we have just now participated in a record weather event. Tropical cyclone Debbie cat 4 crossed our state's northern coast doing record damage (destruction zone was 100 kms across), turned into a rain depression that has now left floods 2000 kilometres long over two states. We have had Cat 5 storms before but they were narrowly focused and caused less damage.

Nasty.

Similar here. Towns and regions are spending quite a lot to improve being able to deal with flooding and storms, because in the last 20 years, there´s been more of that than in the 100 years before then, and whether measured over 5, 10, 20 or 50 year cycles, still increasing.

And like i mentioned before, people have actually started up commercial winemaking in the last 20 years, that´s insane.
Remember, i´m almost on the same latitude as Anchorage Alaska here. And up until 3-4 decades ago, it was considered completely impossible. Then quickly revised to "possible down south with careful choice of location" and now it´s been revised to north of where i am...

Return to Politics