Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Value of surveys?

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Value of surveys?
Post by thinkstoomuch   » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:51 am

thinkstoomuch
Admiral

Ok, here is something that I just from smiles and giggles broke my face.

It also points out the fact of how far I am away from normal perceptions. Idaho with the rudest drivers. I thought, huh. I would have picked PA or CA which came in 37th and 17th respectively.

http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/rud ... state.html

Despite its No. 1 ranking for rude driving, Idaho car insurance premiums are among the lowest in the nation, according to Insure.com's 2014 study of insurance rates.

Just what I consider funny,
T2M
-----------------------
Q: “How can something be worth more than it costs? Isn’t everything ‘worth’ what it costs?”
A: “No. That’s just the price. ...
Christopher Anvil from Top Line in "War Games"
Re: Value of surveys?
Post by dscott8   » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:50 pm

dscott8
Commodore

Having lived in both places, I was not surprised that Florida drivers are ruder than Texas drivers. However, to understand any survey you must look at the methodology. "Rudeness" is a subjective definition, and deriving it from the anecdotal evidence of 2,000 people out of a couple hundred million licensed drivers is problematical. Did they only include moving "violations", or did they also consider acts like non-disabled folks parking in disabled spots? (That's a red button for me, as my wife is a 100% disabled veteran.) Also, consider who's most likely to respond to such a survey -- people who already have a negative view of other drivers. You can Google "survey bias" for plentiful examples of why surveys don't mean what they seem to mean.

Return to Politics