Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

Sorry to say

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Sorry to say
Post by DDHvi   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:38 am

DDHvi
Captain (Junior Grade)

When clips from the Planned Parenthood videos were shown in Congress.

Democratic members flew into a frenzy, talking loudly amongst themselves and their staff, ignoring the videos, talking over the videos and raising points of order to try to force Chairman Pitts to turn them off.

The bottom line is the bottom line. Planned Parenthood wants their money. They'll sue the states for it, overbill for birth control to get it, lie to women to get it, even carve up tiny human babies for it. And why do liberals stand for it? Because the 13,000 community health centers that could provide better care do not provide something else: $20 million in Democratic political contributions over the last two election cycles alone. The President's party will do anything to survive politically -- even if it means jeopardizing the survival of women and innocent children.

Reminds me of the three monkeys picture. You don't get rid of evil by refusing to admit it exists.

We must either deal with reality, or it will bite us.

Douglas Hvistendahl
Retired technical nerd
ddhviste@drtel.net

Dumb mistakes are very irritating.
Smart mistakes go on forever
Unless you test your assumptions!
Douglas Hvistendahl
Retired technical nerd
ddhviste@drtel.net

Dumb mistakes are very irritating.
Smart mistakes go on forever
Unless you test your assumptions!
Re: Sorry to say
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:03 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

DDHvi wrote:When clips from the Planned Parenthood videos were shown in Congress.

Democratic members flew into a frenzy, talking loudly amongst themselves and their staff, ignoring the videos, talking over the videos and raising points of order to try to force Chairman Pitts to turn them off.

The bottom line is the bottom line. Planned Parenthood wants their money. They'll sue the states for it, overbill for birth control to get it, lie to women to get it, even carve up tiny human babies for it. And why do liberals stand for it? Because the 13,000 community health centers that could provide better care do not provide something else: $20 million in Democratic political contributions over the last two election cycles alone. The President's party will do anything to survive politically -- even if it means jeopardizing the survival of women and innocent children.

Reminds me of the three monkeys picture. You don't get rid of evil by refusing to admit it exists.

We must either deal with reality, or it will bite us.

Someone is apparently unaware that it has been establised that the videos were a combination of dishonest editing and outright fakery (one of the videos Fiorina cited recently wasn't even an abortion at all, it was a premature birth), EVERY state investigation into Planned Parenthood initiated in the wake of the videos release has found absolutely zero wrongdoing... and continuing to try to use them in Congressional hearings when the GOP politicians involved know damn well that is the case is what has people "flying into a frenzy".

THAT is reality. Try dealing with that.
Post by BrightSoul   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:44 pm

BrightSoul
Rear Admiral

Sorry to say that if you lie loud enough and often enough the ignorant will believe anything.

3% of PP activity is related to abortion...none of it federally funded.

80% of the women served by PP are poor.

Thou shalt not bear false witness. Twits.

Gonna screw everyone with this fricking blatant distraction tactic. No need to do anything but scream about sideline issues while the economy goes into the crapper.
Post by PeterZ   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:00 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Wait, what? Obamacare provides healthcare for the poor. Why will defunding that human abattoir deny anyone healthcare?

BrightSoul wrote:Sorry to say that if you lie loud enough and often enough the ignorant will believe anything.

Gonna screw everyone with this fricking blatant distraction tactic. No need to do anything but scream about sideline issues while the economy goes into the crapper.
Post by gcomeau   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:13 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:Wait, what? Obamacare provides healthcare for the poor. Why will defunding that human abattoir deny anyone healthcare?

BrightSoul wrote:Sorry to say that if you lie loud enough and often enough the ignorant will believe anything.

You understand that "Planned Parenthood" is not "Obamacare"... right?

And it was just spelled out for you exactly how it will deny poor people health care. Insurance does not build care centers or create doctors out of thin air. You appear to be intent on ignoring that however.
Post by BrightSoul   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:20 pm

BrightSoul
Rear Admiral

Does it? Not really. The ACA is an entirely different argument. Looks like someone has already dealt with your response on that topic.

Now, how does defunding PP change anything about abortion eh? It doesn't. what it does do is increase the costs to the poor women for things like breast cancer screening or birth control of the myriad other services it provides.

It is also pretty funny reading all the anti-PP politicos as the support for PP increases rather than declines under this patently false assault on their services and funding.

Guess that's a HUGE OOPS! Might even cause the Tea Party some real problems come election time. you know, that bunch of elected fools who have already crippled the House and destroyed the Republican Party.

For those who want to point to these acts as well as abortion as being sinful, well, that's for God to judge at the end of an individual's life.

So Peter, do you have enough faith to leave it in God's hands? Or would you presume to assume his seat and pass judgement on others?

PeterZ wrote:Wait, what? Obamacare provides healthcare for the poor. Why will defunding that human abattoir deny anyone healthcare?

Post by Donnachaidh   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:33 pm

Donnachaidh
Rear Admiral

It is important to note that the federal funding of Planned Parenthood is done through a reimbursement approach, which is how they guarantee that no Federal funds go to abortion services.

I would recommend people who are interested watch/listen to the Congressional hearing the head of Planned Parenthood testified at. Of particular note is the incredible lack of respect by most of the conservative Congressmen, they constantly badgered and interrupted Ms. Reynolds to try and twist her words or effectively selectively edit what she said to make her look bad. That sort of behavior by any leader - or even adult for that matter - is unconscionable.

Post by PeterZ   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:59 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

BrightSoul wrote:Does it? Not really. The ACA is an entirely different argument. Looks like someone has already dealt with your response on that topic.

Now, how does defunding PP change anything about abortion eh? It doesn't. what it does do is increase the costs to the poor women for things like breast cancer screening or birth control of the myriad other services it provides.

It is also pretty funny reading all the anti-PP politicos as the support for PP increases rather than declines under this patently false assault on their services and funding.

Guess that's a HUGE OOPS! Might even cause the Tea Party some real problems come election time. you know, that bunch of elected fools who have already crippled the House and destroyed the Republican Party.

For those who want to point to these acts as well as abortion as being sinful, well, that's for God to judge at the end of an individual's life.

So Peter, do you have enough faith to leave it in God's hands? Or would you presume to assume his seat and pass judgement on others?

It won't do anything about abortion except deny even the fig leaf of cover for the support government sends its way.

You want to have abortions available? Pay for it yourself. The reimbursement BS is accounting slight of hand. Set up completely different organizations that do not comingle funds. Want to support abortion, fine do so. Allow me not to. Want to have government funds to support healthcare for the poor? I am all for it, truly. Just don't have your organization perform abortions. Have another organization that does not comingle its assets in any way with the actual healthCARE provider do the dirty dead.

Do you truly believe that abortions are good for society and the people that have them? It isn't. It might truly be the best alternative in a given situation, I won't argue that. I will argue that as currently practiced, this procedure is performed more often than it needs to be.

It is indeed for God to judge whether abortionists sinned or not. He relies on me to decide what I consider sinful after having received His Word. I will not acquiesce to you or anyone forcing me to support what I consider sinful. How you arrive at me judging others in this exchange is perplexing. I simply do not want to comingle government funds sent to an organization that performs what I consider sinful human butchery. Is that judgment? Perhaps it is, but we are asked to love the sinner and hate the sin.

All religion aside, I just don't see how any society that discards human potential like so much garbage so freely is on the road to good societal health.
Post by hanuman   » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:12 am

hanuman
Captain of the List

Mmm, maybe instead of abortion we should advocate for enforced castrationof any man who begets a child out of wedlock...sounds like an excellent solution to me. Maybe then conservatives would stop trying to inflict an ever heavier burden upon poor women by trying to defund an organisation that provides vital health care for them - 97% of which has nothing to do with abortion at all, as someone else noted.

I would love to know why conservatives have such hatred in their hearts for the poor, and especially poor women who aren't white. Planned Parenthood does a wonderful job, yet conservatives can apparently only see its truly miniscule involvement in abortion, without any regard for the damage it would cause if their vendetta succeeds.

I do not understand this, Peter. You talk about the awful waste of human potential, with which I agree, yet the movement which you so fervently support is instinctively, violently and relentlessly opposed to anything that might unlock the human potential of the poorest people - such as Obamacare, adequate funding for inner city school districts, or for that matter, increasing the minimum wage. Why is that?
Post by Daryl   » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:14 am

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I'm either a bit thick, ill-informed, or have a very different world view; but it seems that the cornerstone of this debate is that Federal funds shouldn't be used for abortions.
Why not?

Return to Politics