Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests

Current tensions in Europe escalating into full-out war

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Current tensions in Europe escalating into full-out war
Post by Relax   » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:38 am

Relax
Fleet Admiral

I find it shocking that anyone believes anything put up by "experts" on any news channel. Most of them are pulling 100% out of their nether regions.

I still remember a so called "engineering expert" state that such and such was bad engineering. I forget the exact structure the "expert" was lambasting. I took one look at the picture on the TV and it was quite clear the idiot had completely missed the 100% redundant structure making it meet spec or had never even looked at a picture at all and was just there to provide "credibility" to some reporters already premade up story that the NBC TV station had already decided to run.

Or the mining "expert" they had on when the big bore drill under Seattle stopped. Trying to claim they could not get a human in front of the drilling head to see if they had run into an old locomotive buried. It obviously was not the case and rather it was a major mechanical failure the miners were lying about. Every drill head has a port so the miners can retract the head, move forward and replace the boring bits on the face of the drill... Even I know that and I have never even been within shouting distance of a tunnel bore machine. It was obvious that they were lying through their teeth. It took them 6 months to finally admit their main thrust bearing crapped out on them.

There is no such thing as a TV "expert", name the field, that is nothing more than a shill for somebody on the editorial staff of the TV station pushing some agenda or another or the TV station has been "leaned" on by some government puke to mislead the public as they think the truth would be damaging. Generally to their careers. No, not outright lying, just misdirection. Make lots of noise somewhere inconsequential(scape-goating) so the gullible oatmeal brained public would not roast those truly responsible.

Take the recent dock workers strike as an example. Demanding higher wages etc, striking. Is the lead item on the news that GREEDY lazy SOB's are trying to extort more money and destroying businesses just because they have a strangle hold on import/exports? The news lead should be Greedy extortionists are demanding insane wages for high school education labor of moving containers. The other lead news item should have been a demand to breakup their extortionist union. Instead a so called "mediator" was called in and properly caved into their extortion racket demands. How much was he paid off I wonder? Yup, to drive a forklift on a dock definitely requires being paid $140,000 a year. Skilless labor. Could be filled by anyone. The news item lead should have been: FIRE THE GREEDY EXTORTIONIST DOCK WORKERS and hire a whole new workforce who are not extortionists.
_________
Tally Ho!
Relax
Post by Eyal   » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:15 am

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

pokermind wrote:Not about Europe this photo of one of the wild mullahs with a quote and shows why one should be worried:

People ignored Hitler's rants too, then he started World War Two and implemented the horrors he preached.

Political Correctness should be called what it is Oppression of different views.

Poker

I question the validity of that quote, given that AFAICT that picture is of Hassan Nasrallah (unless he has an identical twin) who I really doubt cares about the Constitution and I can't imagine a context in which he'd refer to it.
Post by Tenshinai   » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:57 am

Tenshinai
Admiral

Eyal wrote:
pokermind wrote:Not about Europe this photo of one of the wild mullahs with a quote and shows why one should be worried:

People ignored Hitler's rants too, then he started World War Two and implemented the horrors he preached.

Political Correctness should be called what it is Oppression of different views.

Poker

I question the validity of that quote, given that AFAICT that picture is of Hassan Nasrallah (unless he has an identical twin) who I really doubt cares about the Constitution and I can't imagine a context in which he'd refer to it.

It´s the usual kind of makebelief/fake scaremongering.

Return to Politics