Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests

nuke mekka

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: nuke mekka
Post by pokermind   » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:17 pm

pokermind
Fleet Admiral

The old Testament inspired Mohammad in his Sharia Law so you are shocked they are similar. The difference is the state is not enforcing these laws in Christian nations but Islamic states do, so when was the last witch burning in Australia? Why it was called the enlightenment the beginning of the separation of church and state.

You think living under a Christian government is bat wait till you live under an Islamic one you get the true 'old time religion

poker

Daryl wrote:A friend's comment led me to look into the bible and Sharia Law. Being too lazy to read the whole book I cheated and Googled "controversial bible verses".
I won't fill pages repeating what I found, but suffice to say the bible has everything I've ever heard about sharia and more.
Women are to obey men in all things, adulterous women to be stoned, blasphemous people-gays-those breaking dietary laws-rebellious slaves-disobedient sons, (and much more), to be arbitrarily killed in various ways. Weird dietary laws and official discrimination against the disabled and menstruating women abound. Not all was in the Old Testament either.
Thus the next time some religious person tries to justify their actions by saying "The bible says", I'll be even less receptive than I have been.
CPO Poker Mind Image and, Mangy Fur the Smart Alick Spacecat.

"Better to be hung for a hexapuma than a housecat," Com. Pang Yau-pau, ART.
Post by Daryl   » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:46 pm

Daryl
Fleet Admiral

I do agree Poker. Mind you I live in a secular country not a Christian one. I would truly hate to live under Sharia or any fundamentalist law.
The reason I posted this was to point out that it isn't the religions, it is the psychopaths who interpret things literally to justify their atrocities. I'm sure that there are some who would twist Hindu, Christian or Jewish texts in a similar war if we let them.
I also wanted to expose the hypocrisy of those who pick and choose the bits they want and assert that it's in the gospel so they can discriminate against gays and women. You either take the package or not, hopefully not.

pokermind wrote:The old Testament inspired Mohammad in his Sharia Law so you are shocked they are similar. The difference is the state is not enforcing these laws in Christian nations but Islamic states do, so when was the last witch burning in Australia? Why it was called the enlightenment the beginning of the separation of church and state.

You think living under a Christian government is bat wait till you live under an Islamic one you get the true 'old time religion

poker

Daryl wrote:A friend's comment led me to look into the bible and Sharia Law. Being too lazy to read the whole book I cheated and Googled "controversial bible verses".
I won't fill pages repeating what I found, but suffice to say the bible has everything I've ever heard about sharia and more.
Women are to obey men in all things, adulterous women to be stoned, blasphemous people-gays-those breaking dietary laws-rebellious slaves-disobedient sons, (and much more), to be arbitrarily killed in various ways. Weird dietary laws and official discrimination against the disabled and menstruating women abound. Not all was in the Old Testament either.
Thus the next time some religious person tries to justify their actions by saying "The bible says", I'll be even less receptive than I have been.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:40 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Just to the immediate north is Papua New Guinea, which has had witch burnings quite recently.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by Hutch   » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:06 am

Hutch
Vice Admiral

Annachie wrote:Just to the immediate north is Papua New Guinea, which has had witch burnings quite recently.

And IIRC, there has been persecution (and killings) of 'witches' in Africa by Christians there in the last few years.

And FWIW, I lived in the Middle east from 1999-2003 (U.A.E.) and never once had a problem due to my religion (or lack thereof).

YMMV.
No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.

What? Look, somebody's got to have some damn perspective around here! Boom. Sooner or later. BOOM! -LT. Cmdr. Susan Ivanova, Babylon 5

Return to Politics