Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests

US Presidential Candidates

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: US Presidential Candidates
Post by Annachie   » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:32 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

smr wrote:
Annachie wrote:Um, Trump wont tell us what his business interests are so how the fuck can they be scrutinized?
Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Would you release your tax returns for people who want to use the tax returns to try to impeach him or cause harm to his business's. Just because he is the opposition and you hate him, please try to at least be fair and objective. If not, just go fishing and enjoy life for a couple of weeks. The hatred in your heart is not healthy, the hatred is only going to get a person sick!

Lol that is so funny.

Firstly, every other candidate has done it for the last 40 odd years. Pres. Trump has promised to on at least two seperate occasions that I can think of.

Sec. Clinton did. And as we all know she was universally loved by the GOP. Not.

I don't hate him.
He is dangerously incompetant. A con man.
He is a self admitted sex offender. Though we all know that that is no bar to the Presidency.

He is corrupt.
He cheats people who work for him.
He is childish and petulant.
He clearly doesn't believe in evidence of any sort.
He lies. All politicians lie of course, but none lie to the extent that Pres. Trump does. Not about important things either, or security things which is understandable to some degree, but stupid things that do nothing but impact on his ego.

Bannon is worthy of hatred of course, a white supremicist who appears to be manipulating Pres. Trump into bringing about a 4th reich.
Pence is worthy of hatred. A religious fanatic who is trying to turn America into the christian version of ISIS.

But Pres. Trump? Two years and he's gone.

But it's not hatrex that drives me, but pity.

Pity for the GOP.
To see a good conservative party being taken over by right wing hate groups. (Here in Oz too)

Pity for Ivanka.
What that poor woman must be going through in that White House. Actually capable, a bleeding leftie compared to those around her, and stuck trying to support her father while real political alligators try to fuck him up. Probably knowing that the Donald shouldn't be there in the first place.

Pity for Baron.
Any Presidents child actually. Although I suspect Melania is wrong to keep him in NY.
I suspect that the Washington schools will be better able to protect Baron's childhood through institutional experience.

Even pity for Pres. Trump himself somewhat. As a person he's not that much worse than Pres. Clinton. But history is going to remember Pres. Trump much less fondly and I think when Pres. Trump realizes that it will break him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by The E   » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:46 am

The E
Admiral

smr wrote:Look at TheE, he thinks that should be able to hold the sins of the father against the daughter. She did not run for office but it's ok to punish her company because she supports her father.

Since her father is a immoral idiot, supporting him in his run for high office is at the very least worthy of criticism.

That she's also profiting off of said high office is also definitely something that can and should be criticized.

Wow, what an idiot! Is it any wonder that he can not write a book that people would enjoy.

What?

I mean, I'm no author, never have claimed to be one (I am an amateur game developer and have actually worked on two works that have found relatively widespread acclaim, but that's neither here nor there).

Also, what's with the sudden ad hominem?

Newsflash! Write a book that both sides can enjoy...don't limit your readership! Learn to see the other side's point of view...you don't have to agree with their pov but understand it.

I do understand your point of view though. I just find it incredibly shortsighted, bigoted and hypocritical, and as such not worthy of respect.

(Also, as any author will tell you, writing stuff that appeals to everyone equally means that you're going to end up with a bland mess that noone will actually enjoy)
Last edited by The E on Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post by Annachie   » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:50 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Ivanka is a different kettle of fish in actually being part of the campaign.

The Bush twins, from memory, mostly made the news for underage drinking and drug use (grass I think). No more than the children of any celebs anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:22 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

Annachie wrote:Ivanka is a different kettle of fish in actually being part of the campaign.

The Bush twins, from memory, mostly made the news for underage drinking and drug use (grass I think). No more than the children of any celebs anyway.

Wasn't there a pic floating of Her with Daddy Dearest and Justin Trudeau in the Oval Office? Seems she's more involved than just campaigning. If she's even an informal member of the administration that makes her as fair game as Sean Spicer.
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Post by cthia   » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:17 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

WeirdlyWired wrote:
Annachie wrote:Ivanka is a different kettle of fish in actually being part of the campaign.

Wasn't there a pic floating of Her with Daddy Dearest and Justin Trudeau in the Oval Office? Seems she's more involved than just campaigning. If she's even an informal member of the administration that makes her as fair game as Sean Spicer.

I posted the pic several clicks upstream as A day late and a daughter short? Original pic post found here.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:09 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

So... Trump just asked a black reporter if she could set up a meeting for him with the Congressional Black Congress after she asked if he was going to work with them, because "are they friends of yours?".

So yeah, that happened.

(Coming soon to a press conference near you "Can you get me a meeting with the Chinese president?" said to an Asian reporter if any of them have the misfortune to have to ask him about anything to do with China.)
Post by gcomeau   » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:30 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

Other highlights from that amazing nationally televised meltdown of a press conference.

*The leaks are real classified material and that is a serious serious crime you guys! But any of the media reporting the content of those totally real leaks are engaging in "fake news". (WHAT?)

*Trump mused on national television that blowing up a Russian military vessel in international waters would be good for his approval ratings.

*Responded to a question from a Hasidic reporter about a recent uptick in attacks on Jewish Centers around the country (which you know, is a thing that has happened) with "I'm one of the least anti-Semitic people you will meet in your entire life" then accused the reporter of insulting him personally and told him to sit down and be quiet when he tried to follow up.

*Wikileaks is ok, because it never leaks classified material. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Post by biochem   » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:58 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

Commentary on how different world views impact observation through confirmation bias etc

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1571496113 ... ie-reality
Post by Tenshinai   » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:39 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

Wow, Trump goes forth to new heights of stupidity...

His shouting about Sweden? Zero credibility.
To the point where even the Swedish PM felt he had to critique both Trump and Fox news for not dealing with facts.

Fox news used an interview with a couple of Swedish policemen about criminality and gang violence, to cut and paste together what you may have seen on Fox.

Fox has literally cut and pasted the reply to at least one question together with a completely different question that was, to get their desired headlines.

The two policemen are calling Ami Horowitz a lunatic and may take legal action against Fox and/or Horowitz.

So, the president of the USA is using ad hominem through lies or severe distortion of facts against a nonhostile nation solely for his own propaganda.

This is not ok.

This is not a matter of viewpoints or opinions, this is a matter of easily disproven lies.

Seriously, he actually got chastised by Löfven, who tends to be very mellow and lowkey, it´s basically the equivalent to the British PM taking a plane to Washington just to have the pleasure of putting a right hook in Trumps face.

He was dancing near the edge with Mexico, but this time he crosses several lines that you simply do NOT.

Now, anyone who ever trusts anything from Fox news again? You´re braindead idiots.
Because this time, they provably falsified their "evidence" to make fake news.

It´s been bad enough the amount of crap they have pulled before, but this time there´s absolutely no question or uncertainty or viewpoints or whatever excuses they keep using, they are now PROVEN to lie and falsify their "facts" as they wish.

The claims made by Fox?

#1, No go zone for the police? Lolnope. In fact it's the OPPOSITE. The 15 "most troublesome" zones identified gets extra police presence.

#2, Islamist terrorist attack? Eh, i seem to have missed that one, and probably just about everyone else as well. There was an incident in 2016 that IS claimed responsibility for, but the police investigation have found zero and nil connections or evidence to support that and plenty of evidence that completely rejects it.
And the person arrested for it is arrested for arson, not terrorism.

The only known "islamist terrorist attack" in Sweden was Stockholm 2010, that´s not recent, and the perpetrator then came to Sweden 18 years earlier as a ten year old, so talking about terrorism caused by "recent arrivals" is beyond stupid.

#3, "more than 160000 asylum seekers came to Sweden in 2016" LOLNOPE!
That was 2015, in 2016 there were 29000.
And that those are mostly unemployed is technically correct, but that´s simply because of the extreme numbers arriving over a very short time, making it impossible for the authorities to process work permits as normal.

#4, "refugee immigrants is the cause of increased criminality".
Nope. The police introduced a specific code in 2015 to specify if someone involved in a crime was waiting for yes/no to asylum, and if you´re TRULY amazingly INCOMPETENT, you could maybe read that as the claimed statements. But that´s on the level of Hitler and Goebbels style of "reporting".
Or for a more recent one, "Baghdad Bob".

#5, "increase in gun violence since "Sweden opened its borders""?
This has nothing at all to do with immigration, it has simply become far easier to smuggle guns into the country ever since the Öresunds-bridge was completed and connected Sweden with Denmark directly. It also allowed easier mobility across the border by criminal gangs, which now try to use Germany/Holland/Denmark/Sweden as a single area to move around in to make it harder for the police.

And any connection the addition of this bridge has with immigration, is essentially the fact that the rest of the EU nations are not upholding their side of treaties. Immigrants/refugees are supposed to be processed in the nation they first come to in the EU. Yet >95% of those arriving to Sweden do so through other EU nations.

It also needs to be firmly remembered, that immigrants and refugees are not what is causing criminality, a very small minority of that group is behind a disproportionately large part of criminal activity, and the majority of this group was often criminals long before they came here anyway as well as making up the great majority of immigrants that are later deported.
Post by Howard T. Map-addict   » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:22 pm

Howard T. Map-addict
Rear Admiral

Such a cute picture!
Who could resist posing for it?
Not me, if I had the chance!
Not any Republican *OR* Democrat I ever heard of!!
And not Justin Trudeau, the Cannuk, either.

HTM, PHL

cthia wrote:
WeirdlyWired wrote:

I posted the pic several clicks upstream as A day late and a daughter short? Original pic post found here.

Return to Politics