Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests

US Presidential Candidates

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: US Presidential Candidates
Post by cthia   » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:57 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Boy did I call this one. Throw us a bone and apologize Donald, while you're at it throw Ivanka a bone too. You could kill two birds with one bone. The Orioles don't even want you to throw a pitch before first throwing an apology. Can you hear me now? I should be your phucking advisor.

A Baltimore Orioles executive says he'd prefer President Trump not throw out a first pitch at Camden Yards without first apologizing for statements that could be viewed as problematic "from a race, ethnicity, religious, gender, disability" standpoint.

John Angelos, son of owner Peter Angelos and the Orioles' executive vice president and chief operating officer, said on a Baltimore-based podcast that divisive rhetoric and actions during Trump's campaign and since his swearing-in require that the president re-double efforts to embrace all members of the community.

“Ultimately that decision is with the ownership group as to what major politicians and political figures and societal figures they want to invite,” Angelos said, per the Washington Post. "I know that the administration has taken a lot of criticism for its controversial positions; I think more so perhaps for statements made both during the campaign and since the administration came in concerning things that are considered to be problematic from a race, ethnicity, religious, gender, disability. People in those communities have been spoken about very negatively by a candidate and now president.

“You’re asking my personal opinion; I think it’s really incumbent upon any individual who leads the country to step away from those types of statements, to apologize for those statements and retract them. And then to turn the page, and then to move forward in embracing their community, all parts of that community. Until that happens, it wouldn’t be my preference to have the president come throw a pitch. But that’s up to the ownership as to what they would like to do there.”

Peter Angelos has been a longtime donor to the Democratic Party; his son says he is neither a Republican or a Democrat, but he has not strayed from the political arena when it intersects with the Orioles, offering his thoughts on the death of Freddie Gray while in custody of the Baltimore Police Department, and endorsing the playing of Woody Guthrie's progressive anthem, This Land Is Your Land, at Friday night home games.

The Orioles - much like the Nationals down in Washington - frequently host first pitches from the executive branch; Vice President Joe Biden and First Lady Michelle Obama did the honors during President Obama's first term, and even the scheming Frank Underwood from House of Cards - then the vice president - did the honors on the Netflix series.
Before Trump climbs the Camden Yards mound, John Angelos would ask that the president retract or apologize for some of his more discomfiting remarks that run counter to the air of inclusion he'd prefer.

“And the first step to doing extremely well is for this person, this individual who is in the office of the presidency to retract all the outrageous things that have been said and simply do one thing: apologize,” Angelos said, according to the Post. “You don’t say those things about women, you don’t say those things about different ethnic groups, different national origins, people who are disabled, all that. And if you do say them, you’re a big enough person to withdraw them and apologize.

“And the other thing that needs to happen here is more corporate CEOs and people that want to be community leaders to act like Misty Copeland did and act like other athletes have done, right on back to Colin Kaepernick. They need to stand up and not normalize and not legitimize and not whitewash that kind of conduct. I wouldn’t accept that from a Democrat or a Republican or somebody from outer space."

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by Annachie   » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:11 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

I don't know what was funnier.

Reading that Pres. Trump will be the first President to miss the White House Correspondent's dinner since ole Ronnie was shot, and even yhen he phoned in a speach, or that the thread immediately dissolved into 4 Yorkshiremen.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by biochem   » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:12 pm

biochem
Rear Admiral

Annachie wrote:Reading that Pres. Trump will be the first President to miss the White House Correspondent's dinner since ole Ronnie was shot

Yes a dinner at which the press lightly roasts the president.

A press which hates him defining the term lightly.

Trump's notoriously thin skin.

What could go wrong?
Post by Tenshinai   » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:38 pm

Tenshinai
Admiral

biochem wrote:
Annachie wrote:Reading that Pres. Trump will be the first President to miss the White House Correspondent's dinner since ole Ronnie was shot

What could go wrong?

A press that is actually still treating him MUCH nicer than they ever treated Obama.
And he can´t even handle THAT?

Yeah, incompetent.
Post by Annachie   » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:50 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Tenshinai wrote:
biochem wrote:[quote="Annachie"]Reading that Pres. Trump will be the first President to miss the White House Correspondent's dinner since ole Ronnie was shot

What could go wrong?

A press that is actually still treating him MUCH nicer than they ever treated Obama.
And he can´t even handle THAT?

Yeah, incompetent.[/quote]
What goes around, comes around. Wether it should or not.

He started abusing the press, they started reporting on him without the joking tone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Michael Everett   » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:22 am

Michael Everett
Admiral

Well, Trump would have a hard time living up to the speech given by then-president Bush...
~~~~~~

I can't write anywhere near as well as Weber
But I try nonetheless, And even do my own artwork.

(Now on Twitter)and mentioned by RFC!
ACNH Dreams at DA-6594-0940-7995
Post by Annachie   » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:03 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

Can't watch that right now, but Bush jnr could rock a speach.
Probably his best skill.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post by Tenshinai   » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:45 am

Tenshinai
Admiral

Michael Everett wrote:

Well, Trump would have a hard time living up to the speech given by then-president Bush...

:lol:

I had sooo forgotten about that one. Possibly his best ever.
Post by Eyal   » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:01 pm

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

Apparently, Trump has already managed (albeit allegedly, at this point) to rack up a campaign finance law violation for the 2020 election.

That has to be some kind of record...

(Basically, the complaint alleges - among other things - that the Trump campaign took donations for 2020 (since he already filed as a candidate) and then said they were being used to pay off the 2016 campaign's debt - except the campaign didn't have any debt, allowing Trump to either "Dvert" the money or exceed finance limits for 2020)
Post by Annachie   » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:58 pm

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

At this point I again mention that the White House counsel's speciality and background is campaign finance law.

To me that says a lot about the Presidents thought process.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Return to Politics