Topic Actions

Topic Search

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Political one liners

The Management is not responsible for the contents of this forum. Enter at your own risk.
Re: Political one liners
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:45 pm

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

This has to do with taxes. People are allowed to donate to churches (and other similar charities) and claim a deduction on their federal taxes. Churches are also tax exempt and don't have to pay a variety of taxes that other businesses would. The logic behind this is that churches and other similar charities perform a societal good (help the poor etc) and charitable giving should be encouraged.

The catch is that churches are limited in their free speech about politicians. They are allowed to discuss issues i.e. abortion is evil or issue report cards i.e. grade the 100 senators A to F in their support of pro-life causes. But what they can't do is say vote for Joe Jones, he is a strong pro-life supporter. However, enforcement of this has been spotty. African American pastors routinely endorse (mostly Democratic) candidates from the pulpit and the IRS does nothing. Evangelical churches who try the same (but endorsing mostly pro-life Republicans) lose their tax exempt status.[/quote]

They can speak out against the evils of homosexuality, birth control, abortion, vaccinations, etc but they cannot tell their congregations to support Ted Cruz over the ungodly devil-worshipping child molesting Hillary Clinton. And they cannot contribute to Ted's campaign.
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Post by cthia   » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:03 pm

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Why do so many people in the Rust Belt follow Trump?

He's a magnate.

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by WeirdlyWired   » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:22 am

WeirdlyWired
Captain of the List

cthia wrote:
Why do so many people in the Rust Belt follow Trump?

He's a magnate.

we hate liberals all they want is a handout from the government because they are too lazy or ignorant to help themselves. So we go out and promise them their jobs back, kick the furriners for stealin' yer jobs, and load 'em back in the boat and haul 'em back home for you. Hell it worked for Obama, why can't it work for Trump?

Same economic fears that gave rise to the Knights of the White Camelia and Ku Klux Klan in the 1870s. the resurgence of the Klan in the 1930s, the flight of White Southerners from the Democrat Party in the 1950s to the Dixiecrat party to the Republican party in the 80s an 90s.

I guess maybe its the bible story of the workers in the vinyard. The guys working since sun-up groussed because the guys that started that afternoon got the same pay.

Its a zero sum game and the more people get rights or freedoms or job opportunities is less for me and mine.

So many ways to answer that question

Same
Helas,chou, Je m'en fache.
Post by Annachie   » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:51 am

Annachie
Fleet Admiral

"Trump blows his own horn so hard it's practically auto felatio"

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are so going to die. :p ~~~~ runsforcelery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
still not dead. :)
Post by cthia   » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:03 am

cthia
Fleet Admiral

Annachie wrote:"Trump blows his own horn so hard it's practically auto felatio"

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

:lol: :lol: :lol: Darn Annachie! Make it stop! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then Kellyanne attempts to sterilize it and place a condom on it after the fact so it's never safe sex and he always ends up fucking himself with it.

He's done it so often he's contracted a mutated form of AIDS - Asshole Interrupting Democratic System.

My apologies Annachie. :oops:

Son, your mother says I have to hang you. Personally I don't think this is a capital offense. But if I don't hang you, she's gonna hang me and frankly, I'm not the one in trouble. —cthia's father. Incident in ? Axiom of Common Sense
Post by biochem   » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:15 am

biochem
Rear Admiral

WeirdlyWired wrote:

we hate liberals all they want is a handout from the government because they are too lazy or ignorant to help themselves. So we go out and promise them their jobs back, kick the furriners for stealin' yer jobs, and load 'em back in the boat and haul 'em back home for you. Hell it worked for Obama, why can't it work for Trump?

Same economic fears that gave rise to the Knights of the White Camelia and Ku Klux Klan in the 1870s. the resurgence of the Klan in the 1930s, the flight of White Southerners from the Democrat Party in the 1950s to the Dixiecrat party to the Republican party in the 80s an 90s.

I guess maybe its the bible story of the workers in the vinyard. The guys working since sun-up groussed because the guys that started that afternoon got the same pay.

Its a zero sum game and the more people get rights or freedoms or job opportunities is less for me and mine.

So many ways to answer that question

Same

And this rant is going to persuade Rust Belt swing voters to vote for your candidate, how?????
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:31 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

Post by gcomeau   » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:09 pm

gcomeau
Admiral

PeterZ wrote:https://twitter.com/ARmastrangelo/status/834502409275727877/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

That's what happens to people who behave like thugs.

Or when you're some anonymous person just making stuff up on the internet... because that reads just a *little* too much like a spoof.

Where, when and who in the real world is this talking about exactly?
Post by PeterZ   » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:23 pm

PeterZ
Fleet Admiral

gcomeau wrote:
PeterZ wrote:https://twitter.com/ARmastrangelo/status/834502409275727877/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

That's what happens to people who behave like thugs.

Or when you're some anonymous person just making stuff up on the internet... because that reads just a *little* too much like a spoof.

Where, when and who in the real world is this talking about exactly?

One can hope this is true. There was damage done and violence engaged in during the inauguration.
Post by Eyal   » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:06 am

Eyal
Captain (Junior Grade)

PeterZ wrote:One can hope this is true. There was damage done and violence engaged in during the inauguration.

While I don't generally have much sympathy for rioters, the phrasing seems to pat here.

Return to Politics